“Wonderful Hotel”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Believe the great reviews about the hotel itself. It is very clean and well-managed. The bedding is like a dream. We'd definitely stay here again.
Just a couple tips, though: ask for a room on the second floor away from the stairwell if you're able to manage it. There was some noise from guests opening and closing the exterior door and climbing the stairs right beside our room and a screaming, stomping child in the room right above us. Certainly not the fault of the hotel, but avoid it if you can when making your reservations.
The $15 daily voucher for Trotter's Restaurant that we received for booking on the hotel's website will cover one guest's breakfast. At $8.99 for the weekday breakfast buffet, the voucher wasn't a huge help for a family of three or more (no discount for a child's buffet, either). We only used our voucher once. The breakfast was just ok, definitely nothing spectacular when compared to the outstanding restaurants available throughout Charleston.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank NTBFan
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thanks for you kind words and for saying that you would definitely stay here again. Also we appreciate you saying that the hotel was very clean and well managed. We look forward to serving you again. I am pleased that we were able to give you one full restaurant style breakfast with servers and silverware for free as this would cost in another establishment.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
hendersonville
Reviewed 28 December 2013

3 Night stay - fairly large room, king bed, flat screen TV, large bath with walk in shower, ample no charge parking. So far so good. Removed the bolster off the bed, and found four HUGE pillows (and I forgot to bring my thin pillow). Found the in-room safe in the closet. Night time - guess I'll try the bed. Next thing I recall was the sunshine through the windows. Wow, did I sleep well. Guess it was time to attempt the buffet breakfast. Huge, plenty of choices, except for the scrambled eggs, which were very good. The second morning I found the juices. Staff was very helpful and kind. Paid for breakfast with the $15.00 voucher given to me at check-in. Voucher doesn't work for tips! Hotel is convenient to everywhere in the area. Will stay there again, for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank hendersonvillemike
I am pleased to hear that you plan to stay with us again and that you were pleased with our guestrooms, breakfast buffet, and convenient location. We appreciate your business and please come see us again.
Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was a great value. I agree with the others that charging $2.50 for a cup of coffee and $3.00 for a soda in the dining room is a bit outrageous. The coffee in the room was not an option for me. As a coffee snob, their $2.50 coffee was extremely weak and I basically wasted $2.50 not drinking it. The room was very clean, offered many amenities and had an extremely comfy bed. You can't beat the price. The breakfast buffet was good but nothing outstanding. Not bad for $10.99.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Teacher_0n_Vacati0n
I am glad that you felt we offered a great value in our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. You mention that you enjoy premium coffee so I wanted to make sure you were aware that we offer green mountain coffee in the guestroom room for free. Thanks for your business and please come see us again.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Checked into our room. Found out that the $15 coupon for the restaurant, if you make the reservation directly with the motel, was just for the whole room and not per person. Breakfast is $9 per person. So, I will end up owing $3 plus tax for breakfast each day. But, it looks like it is a nice buffet meal. Ticks me off that I have to pay $2.50 for a coffee for breakfast. A buffet meal but you have to buy your coffee????? The assorted juices are free so I think I’ll get a lot of juice and maybe drink it. What really ticks me off is that the waitress comes around, after you seat yourself, and asks if you want coffee. She does NOT tell you that this is an additional $2.50 charge. Just asks if you want it. Why the deception here? Do they need the money so bad that they will, in effect, steal it from you? Is it worth $2.50 to piss you off so you will look for another hotel next time you visit? There is a hell of a profit when you charge $2.50 for a cup of coffee. We travel a lot and many hotels have free coffee 24 hours a day. It is very stupid, to me and, out of principal, I will look for a different motel next time we visit. I don't like encouraging motels that set out to screw me out of my money.

Our room is pretty nice. Very modern. Easy to connect to internet. Separate shower and bath. Marble tops on the furniture and the bathroom vanity. They have a nice toilet and I am going to look around for new toilets when we get home. These actually flush and they don’t give you a modified, unintentional bidet treatment with every flush.

Room Tip: There is a free coffee maker in your room and you can switch the decaf for regular coffee at the des...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thevisitorcenter
Regarding the breakfast you may have noticed that you were eating in a large, busy full service, open to the public restaurant with waiters, china, silverware etc... As in all restaurants food is provided for a charge. We do provide Keurig coffee in the guestrooms for free to our guests who prefer that option. If the server made a mistake and forgot to inform you about a separate charge for coffee then that is our fault and we owe you an apology and certainly did not do that on purpose. We have been in the hotel business for four consecutive generations here ion Charleston and place supreme importance of the opinion of our guests so please accept our most sincere apologies for this error.
Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped at the hotel on our way to a cruise. The staff was very friendly. The lobby was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was average. The location was convenient. Our only complaint was the cleanliness of the room. The coffee pot was dirty and had not been cleaned from the previous guest's use. The comforter on the bed was reversible. When we pulled it down, there was a white substance on it. The comforter was dirty and had just been reversed to cover up the white substance. The manager was apologetic and offered us a discount on our next stay, but we passed and told her we would not stay there on future visits to the area.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Mabacata
I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience in our family owned and operated hotel. I can assure you that our comforters are of the highest possibly quality (not typical in this price range)and are laundered after each guest as I personally supervise this activity. Additionally each guestroom is inspected by the executive and the assistant executive housekeeper before being released for occupancy again. Please contact me so I can make this right for you.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This place is a great value when you consider all factors against the cost! Location is a close 15 min from the center of historical Charleston. Everything about the hotel is recently updated. The rooms are bright and elegant with bar, microwave, LED TV, and the beds are truly grand! The toiletries in the room are top quality, no skimping here! Parking is included, convenient and well lighted. The access is well-controlled with occupant security an obvious focus. Rooms are well-insulated and we had no "outside" noise issues. We booked early and received the daily $15 voucher that could be used in the bar or Trotters dining room. Breakfast buffet was very nice, nothing exceptional, but it was nice and you could have a made to order omelet. The service staff all were nice and accommodating and seem to be well-trained. I mean, our experience was VERY nice. I WILL absolutely recommend this to any of my friends and family. If there was any downside for someone, you might consider the 15 min drive to downtown, but with the parking available in December, we did not find this a concern. Also, I do not generally write reviews, but this place deserves the credit I think.

Room Tip: I did not rate they Kids activities, since I did not experience that aspect. As well, did not rate t...
Green Features: They indicate they use environmentally sensitive products and "recycle". I could not validate that, but they do urge you to "reuse" towels for your stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gene D
Thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic review and for doing that even you said that you do not normally write reviews but felt that we deserved the recognition. I will pass your sentiment along to the staff who take great pride in their work.
Port Saint Joe, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel was very nicely furnished and very clean. It provided great access to old Charleston. Very well priced for this area. Had a dining room for breakfast and additional meals. On site laundry and business area. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor away from the conference rooms if available
Green Features: As most they used environmentally friendly product packaging and tried to minimize water and material waste
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Don S
Thanks for letting us know that you would definitely stay with us again and were impressed with the value we provided. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.