“What a sleeper of a hotel :)!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a sleeper of a hotel :)!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked this hotel based on the trip advisory reviews that I read. We were staying in Charleston for a wedding during SC spring break week...the rates everywhere in downtown Charleston were sky high and I was looking for something economical but nice. I'm kind of a "hotel snob" so I want things to be "wow" when I walk in. We booked one of the suites and it was truly amazing! The price was very reasonable for the quality and décor of the room. Everything was sparkling and we had 2 large picture windows overlooking the redone pool...which looked very nice. They even had placed towels on each of the chairs around the pool. The room featured a comfortable king bed, a seating area in front of the large TV with 2 comfortable chairs, a round table with 4 chairs and a HUGE green marble bathroom with an airjet tub and an amazing shower. The shower had 5 shower heads (rainshower over you) and it was wonderful. They even featured a small console with a mirror where I could sit and apply my makeup. Also, I noticed how everyone including the hotel maids were extremely friendly and efficient. The trip to downtown Charleston only took 10 minutes driving time. Granted you are not in the district but in the burbs but at the end of the day it was nice to come back to a large, plush room that I could enjoy. Splurge a little and book the suite...you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: If you value a high end feel to your room then book the suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank moore2074
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks for the Five Star review. I am glad that we so impressed a "hotel snob" as you mentioned in your review and that you were blown away with the quality that you experienced in our hotel guestrooms as well as our well trained housekeeping staff. Thanks for letting the Trip Advisor community know!
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We used Town & Country to book rooms for our destination wedding in Charleston. I honestly am SO happy with how things worked out. The staff was great, breakfast buffet at theTrotters restaurant was delicious and not typical, the room was amazing and the bathrooms were WOW. The tub in the king airbath suite was just luxurious! I loved the courtyard pool area (online pics do it no justice) and it was super close to absolutely everything that there is to do in Charleston and surrounding areas. This place really shocked me as it exceeded everyone's expectations. I also can't say enough of how CLEAN everything was...truly a wonderful hotel. I will only stay there the next time we travel to Charleston and I m telling all of my friends the same!

Green Features: I loved how all of the products in the bathroom were "green."
1 Thank Kim B
We so appreciate your lovely review of our family owned and operated hotel. The compliments that you gave us on the great food in our restaurant, the quality and luxury of the guestrooms and the pool courtyard, and the convenient location were very much appreciated. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is definitely clean, and well kept, but you are surrounded by pavement. Mid way between the airport and downtown Charleston, I was glad we did not stay any longer than overnight. Windows do not open, so the air felt very stale. It was nice to have a pool.

Room Tip: Rooms further to the back of the hotel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Flybynite59
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I feel that is necessary in the interest of reminding readers of the obvious that ALL hotels in our area are "surrounded by pavement" as this is a suburban vs. rural destination. However, unlike other hotels, we have planted well over one hundred trees around the perimeter of the property and feature landscaped and irrigated islands around our parking areas. I am not aware of ANY hotel that allows their windows to be opened for the obvious reason of safety.
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I traveled last week as part of a group and we all had superb customer service from beginning to end, with the exception of one member of the group.

To start, Stephen Clarke (GM) was fabulous to work with. He not only accommodated our large group, but it was apparent that everyone at the front desk knew that we were visiting from out of town (except for the one from Campbell, NY - according to her name tag).

I must make special note of Amanda, who was there when we arrived at 1:00 AM (later than our original ETA). She had everyone pre-checked in and all we had to do was provide our names. She was very friendly and provided EXCELLENT customer service.

Also, on Saturday and Sunday, Jennyffer (from Charleston, SC) was AWESOME as well. She smiled and was extremely cheerful - exactly the type of personality you want at the front desk greeting your guests. The rooms/bathrooms were very clean and the beds were super comfy (mattresses and pillows).

Lastly, the restaurant food was great and the service was as well. Again, out of our entire group, only one person had an issue and that had to do with the front desk personnel (see above) and her handling of an issue with a room that was booked online at the wrong price.

In closing, I had a great experience overall. When I return to Charleston with my family, I will be sure to stay at the Town & Country Inn and Suites.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChezMo11
Well for starters we greatly appreciate the Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel. I am so glad that multiple staff members impressed you enough to mention them by name in your review AND that the restaurant food was exceptional and hotel was "super comfy". I am glad that you "will be sure to stay with us when you return to Charleston."
Richmond, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is a short trip outside Charleston but is a very good deal. The rooms are lovely and updated. Bed is very comfortable and bathroom was clean and fully equipped. There was a nice sized closet and refrigerator and microwave plus Keurig coffee maker. The restaurant served a buffet breakfast that was generous and offered many choices all of which were delicious. We were in town for a wedding and were able to go right in to Charleston for all the events in a matter of minutes. The staff was very professional and helpful and the rooms were exceptionally clean, which is always a plus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Charleston area. Plenty of parking was another plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the exercise room. Early morning exercisers letting the door bang shut wok...
2 Thank virginians23226
I am honored to see how impressed you were with the outstanding value we provide as compared to other hotels in our price category. Thanks for the compliments on not only the hotel but the food we serve in our restaurant, the staff, and our housekeeping department. Please come see us again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here because there was a block of rooms held for a wedding and wasn't sure what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised and would definitely come back. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was well-appointed, the bathroom spacious and the bed was comfortable. There is a bar and restaurant on site and their breakfast buffet was delicious. We found that we were conveniently located to all the events we were attending as well as other places we wanted to go to. It is a great hotel at a reasonable price.

2 Thank Amy R
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thanks for your Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel. We strive to give an extraordinary experience for an affordable price (which is extremely hard to find in today's hotel environment). I am honored that you were so impressed with the guestrooms, our staff, the food, and the value you received. Please come see us again.
STONEY POINT ONTARIO
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Town and Country Inn and Suites met all of our needs (especially cleanliness). The rooms had all of the amenities you would hope for. The staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. We also enjoyed our breakfasts at Trotters. We stayed for 3 nights and would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank takeusawaynow
Thanks for your strong recommendation and for mentioning how extremely clean the hotel was. I am glad that you felt the amenities were agreeable and our staff was "helpful, friendly, and professional." Thanks for your business and please come see us again.