“Above and beyond at making me feel right at home.”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 25 April 2014

From the moment I walked through the front door, I felt like I had when I visited my mom on my summer vacations. The warm smiles that greeted me, the pleasant aromas from the kitchen, the welcome sights from memories past. And I had only made it ten feet into the lobby.. I was home at last... At least that's how I felt. It has been several years since I last visited. But I was just as comfortable as if it were yesterday. And I needed it. The day had started off with alot of worry and concern for a very sick family member. I had spent most of the day and night in the ER. And life had lots of curves balls to hurl at my wife and I over the next 24hr. I want to say it was thru the genuine care and assistance of the staff, from ALL departments in the hotel. While being exceptionally professional and courteous, and eager to help us thru our "bumps and bruises", it turned what could have been a disastrous stay into one of the BEST experiences we have had at any hotel. We want to thank wholeheartedly each employee who joined in to make this possible. And I want to congratulate Mr Erin England on selecting and guiding his staff, a staff of courteous and professional individuals who truly know what customer service means... Who know how to make someone feel right at HOME. Thanks guys!

2  Thank cjaxon
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so very much for taking your time to give us such a strong endorsement. I am honored that we made you feel "at home" during your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Please come and stay with us again, we would be delighted to have you.

There are newer reviews for Town & Country Inn and Suites

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family and I were going to Charleston South Carolina for the first time. I feel so lucky that we stayed at Town and Country. It is a beautiful place. It was a short drive to town so no worries there. The hotel was very clean and beautiful. There was great attention to detail. We were very impressed and very comfortable. We ate at the breakfast buffet which had a large assortment and it was delicious. I can't say enough about this hotel it was a great find and we hope to go back again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad choice!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank riva11414
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thanks so much for noticing our attention to detail and commitment to quality. The fact that we do this for a reasonable price is very surprising to most people as the reviews all state. Thanks for your kind words and for the Five Star review.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a "top drawer" inn. The service, food, and hospitality is wonderful. The decorating is very tastefully done. The staff is very accommodating,eager to please. The beds are very comfortable. I have traveled a lot and this is one of the best places I have stayed. I strongly recommend this as a place to stay in Charleston.

4  Thank Pat W

I am so glad that you understand what our concept is here and your comments reflect that. We are about "top drawer" experience just as you said. At the same time we do not charge a "top drawer" price which is shocking to most of our guests. Thanks for pointing that out and for your strong recommendation

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This place is a little less pricey than places downtown. Very clean and comfortable with a lovely outdoor pool and workout room. It has a very large dining area with a nice bar. If you book your stay online you are given a $15 voucher each day, good for breakfast, dinner, or drinks. We enjoyed an extensive breakfast buffet - eggs, pancakes, grits, oatmeal, plus lots of extras. You may also order off the menu. Our waiter, Michael, was charming and attentive. It's worth the short drive to downtown.

3  Thank lucas1216

Thanks for the Five Star review and for saying that we are well worth the money. Value is what we are all about here but not in the sense that you should have to sacrifice quality. Thanks for the lovely comments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Absolutely wonderful service, Absolutely Clean. Trotter's Restuarant also...wonderful food and service. The staff was courteous, patient, and knowledgeable. It is in an older part of town near the I-26, not much to see there, but I promise you will enjoy your hotel stay.

Room Tip: stayed on second floor close to the rear...didn't hear a thing all night. I will say this is a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dhardin2013

I am so glad to read your wonderful review of our family owned hotel. You said so many nice things about our hotel, the staff, the food, and the cleanliness and we really appreciate that. Thanks for saying "I promise you will enjoy your stay here"

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently took a 5 day Mel Tye Travel Tour to Charleston and Savannah. Mel Found this gem, a restored hotel in Charleston. Outstanding rooms, beds, linens, restaurant, bar, pool and a friendly staff. A perfect start to our tour.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet R

We are honored by your Five Star review of the hotel and it's amenities. Thanks for saying we gave you a perfect start to your tour! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the Town and Country to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. They upgraded us to a full King suite which was beautiful. As nice as any hotel in Charleston, but for much less money. 10 minute drive into downtown. By booking online, we also received a $15 voucher to use at the hotel restaurant - we had breakfast there. My only complaint - we bought the breakfast buffet, but was charged extra for coffee - something I have never seen before. All in all, a great experience, and a property I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSVinda

Thanks for the Five Star review. I am glad that we so impressed a "hotel snob" as you mentioned in your review and that you were blown away with the quality that you experienced in our hotel guestrooms as well as our well trained housekeeping staff. Thanks for letting the Trip Advisor community know!