“Great accommodations with a great price.”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
rit
“Great accommodations with a great price.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were very impressed with the room, very clean and beds were comfortable. They have a very nice outdoor pool and a restaurant on site. Centrally located so a short drive to downtown and beaches. The staff was also very friendly and responsive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tobyRit
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so very much for your complementary review of our family owned and operated hotel and restaurant/lounge here in Charleston, SC . It is an honor to serve our guests and we look forward to seeing and serving you again when you return to Charleston. Thanks again for your business.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was great. location was very convenient. The room was very large, the bathroom huge with separate tub and walk-in shower. Everything extremely clean. The pool area was way above average with a lovely setting and above average seating. Guest self-service laundry is always welcome on road trips. It is not a luxury hotel or charming historic inn, but is is an excellent place to stay when on the road. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Maria M
We so very appreciate your wonderful Five Star review and are honored that you would "definitely stay here again". If there is anything that I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to call me directly. We sincerely appreciate your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive about staying outside of the downtown historic district as my boyfriend and I were in town for a short time and wanted to maximize the things we could do with minimizing the amount of driving we had to do.

But after all the glowing reviews, I couldn't turn down the $109 rate that we paid whereas staying downtown would've cost at a minimum $300 for a place of the same quality. We stayed in the "Contemporary King" room which was perfect for us. The bed was amazing and I slept like a little baby. I enjoyed the "green products" that they supplied and he took advantage of having the Keurig in the room. They even resupplied the coffee the next morning. We spent very little time at the hotel so it worked for us. The bathroom was a decent size complete with a bathtub AND a big walk-in shower. We didn't use the pool or the exercise room so can't comment on them. We also did not eat breakfast downstairs and opted to eat brunch in town. The one thing I noticed is that some of the fabric on the chairs in the room had peeled off but other than that, the room was immaculate.

If you're debating this over downtown, I would urge you to stay here! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and slept with zero noise disturbances. The "Contemporary King&qu...
Green Features: I do enjoy staying at a hotel that employs environmentally-friendly practices. Really did enjoy the products that they supplied.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank delupowers
I am so very glad that you heeded "all the glowing reviews" and decided to stay with us. We appreciate the Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel and the time that you took to make your post. Thanks for giving us so many compliments and for strongly urging others to stay here as well. Please come and see us again and let me known should you need anything at all.
Portland, Indiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We chose this hotel based on tripadvisor and photos shown and weren't disappointed. Friendly staff, large rooms were clean and very stylish/modern, super comfy bed. Loved the jet tub! The breaksfast was delicious. Short trip to local attractions. Great price for all luxury received.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patti W
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thanks for the strong endorsement of the quality and luxury we provide to our guests at a reasonable and attainable price point. Our entire family works very hard to do this and create memorable experiences so we very much appreciate you taking the time to point it out in your review. If you should need anything please ask for me personally when you return.
Staten Island
Reviewed 22 June 2014

the room was clean and exceptionally large and comfortable, the linen was amazing, the bathroom, top grade. we requested early check-in because our flight arrived earlier in the morning. they were very gracious and accommodating. our room was ready way before official check in time. the pool was beautiful and everything we needed was in the room. also was very convenient to get to the historic district. no need to stay there. it's only 10 min away.

Room Tip: if you have a special request, do get in touch with them personally.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chaya T
We so appreciate your Five Star review and for the comments on the quality of our linens, bathrooms, guestroom design, and outdoor pool patio. I can also tell that you were impressed by the value you received so thanks for pointing out that it is only a 10 minute drive to downtown from the hotel. Please come and see us again.
Cherokee, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place with much cheaper prices than the downtown Charleston hotels. The only downside would be that there is about a 20 min drive to downtown, but I would much rather make that drive than pay two times more for a downtown hotel room. Most of the employees here are great as well, but I did get a little frustrated with the lady at the front desk when she told me the reason my key card didn't work the second day we were there was because I had it in my wallet near my credit card instead of simply admitting that they did not program it correctly. Once she reprogrammed the card I out it back in the same place it was before and my credit card didn't make it stop working any of the other three days I was there. It's not a good idea to place blame on your customers. Accept responsibility and fix the problem is the only thing an employee should do. However, that incident did not outweigh the fact that this is a great place. I would definitely consider staying here the next time I am in Charleston.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BirdtownRep
We are honored by your choice to take the time and post a review of our family's hotel. We appreciate all the compliments you gave us and also for saying that "this is a great place" and that you would return. I am so sorry to hear that our staff member rubbed you the wrong way by getting into an unnecessary explanation of the key card and I agree with you that should have been handled differently. We have discussed this internally and she agreed with you actually. I hope you can understand that we take any guest feedback extremely seriously and immediately implement necessary changes. We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future.
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

we chose this hotel after being reccomended by a friend and we werent dissappointed. large spacious exceptionally clean rooms. a lovely modern bathroom with walk in shower. My husband said the bed was the best he has ever slept in. A beautiful pool area. Only a five minute drive into charleston and such good value compared to hotels priced in the city. would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RACHEL2602
Thanks for listening to your friend's recommendation to stay with us and also for saying that "we weren't disappointed". We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations as that is our family's goal with each and every guest. I was delighted to read that you "would definitely stay here again."