I was really excited about this hotel after reading many reviews on Trip Advisor and was looking forward to my stay. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by Amanda and she assisted me with some toiletries that I needed. I loved the king size bed and slept like a rock each night and the tub after a nice 11 hour drive from Philly and there was always plenty of parking and the pool was very relaxing and comfortable. The property is well manicured, clean, open and the room was a generous proportion. I have to agree that if you really want to spend time in Charleston, try to get a room in the city because the drive was not bad, maybe 10-15 minutes but you just felt disconnected staying at this hotel. It's a decent area near the only shopping mall in town and right off I-526 & Rt. 17 but it just seemed like I was driving too much between downtown and the hotel. Pavi is a real nice lady with a big smile and friendly attitude and finally got to meet her on Friday and she recommended a nice BBQ place, Bessingers up the street and the Early Bird diner which was featured on Diners, Dives and Drive-In's. My only downside about the hotel was their breakfast buffet because the food was marginal, seemed like the other chain hotels for breakfast food and the service was lackluster at best. For example, I arrived at the cash register and there was no one to greet me for almost 5 minutes and the waiter kept forgetting my tomato juice and the follow up was poor. However, I did have some $15 vouchers so the breakfast was free on Friday and Sunday. You can't beat the price for this hotel and if you don't want to endure the high price of staying in Charleston, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Located within a 15 minute drive of the historic district and featuring a level of comfort and attention to detail that will surprise you at this price point. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn