“Very nice hotel!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was really excited about this hotel after reading many reviews on Trip Advisor and was looking forward to my stay. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by Amanda and she assisted me with some toiletries that I needed. I loved the king size bed and slept like a rock each night and the tub after a nice 11 hour drive from Philly and there was always plenty of parking and the pool was very relaxing and comfortable. The property is well manicured, clean, open and the room was a generous proportion. I have to agree that if you really want to spend time in Charleston, try to get a room in the city because the drive was not bad, maybe 10-15 minutes but you just felt disconnected staying at this hotel. It's a decent area near the only shopping mall in town and right off I-526 & Rt. 17 but it just seemed like I was driving too much between downtown and the hotel. Pavi is a real nice lady with a big smile and friendly attitude and finally got to meet her on Friday and she recommended a nice BBQ place, Bessingers up the street and the Early Bird diner which was featured on Diners, Dives and Drive-In's. My only downside about the hotel was their breakfast buffet because the food was marginal, seemed like the other chain hotels for breakfast food and the service was lackluster at best. For example, I arrived at the cash register and there was no one to greet me for almost 5 minutes and the waiter kept forgetting my tomato juice and the follow up was poor. However, I did have some $15 vouchers so the breakfast was free on Friday and Sunday. You can't beat the price for this hotel and if you don't want to endure the high price of staying in Charleston, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd floor although there is not much of a view but it keeps you away from the nois...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank SmilingSteve4
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for the compliments on our hotel facilities as well as our staff members.... by name. I am so glad that you "would definitely recommend this hotel." Hearing that we got your stamp of approval is very rewarding and we appreciate your business. Please come and see us avian.

There are newer reviews for Town & Country Inn and Suites

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The con first: it's a 10 minute drive to downtown. Not a big deal at all, just plan the trip downtown NOT during rush hour.

The Pros:
Very clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable. We have a Tempur Pedic at home and this bed was just as comfortable or more. The room itself seemed larger than your average hotel room. The pool was large, and heated. My daughter, who pretty much only wanted to swim everywhere we went this trip (Cary, NC, Savannah, GA and Charleston) said this pool was the best by far. We didn't eat at the hotel at all so we can't comment on the restaurant. If to stay here you will be happy you did.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TheJerf

We are honored by your wonderful review and for giving us Five Stars. We appreciate all the compliments on the hotel and our pool as well as you saying that if you stay here "you will be happy you did". Please come and see us again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My two siblings and I took my Mother to Charleston for her birthday in April 2014. I have been to Charleston before and just fell in love the town. On previous trips I stayed downtown (when it was just my partner and I) – however the prices during our most recent visit were insane and while I could justify that for myself, I could not for this trip with my family members. So based on the reviews on Trip Advisor (and the room prices), I decided to Town and Country Inn and Suites a try.

I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. The hotel, common areas, courtyard / pool, and rooms were nice, clean, and well maintained. The staff was always very friendly and super helpful anytime we had questions or needed assistance (which with this group was fairly often). I would like to mention Pavi specifically… She was always super sweet and provided amazing customer service and continually had a smile on her face.

With our rooms, we each got a $15 voucher to use (per night). You can use this on anything (breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks only, etc.). We always ate in Downtown Charleston, so we chose to use our vouchers on drinks from the bar. We enjoyed doing this and just relaxing with some free drinks by the pool when we returned to the hotel. This worked out great for us, and was a good benefit as hotel guests.

A few more positives worth mentioning is that parking is plentiful and free. WiFi was also available in the rooms for no cost. Both offer additional savings when compared to Downtown hotels.

With all that said (and it might be just because I have stayed downtown in the Historic area), when I return I will stay Downtown again. The location of Town and Country Inn and Suites is not far from Downtown (or anywhere we went really). While you cannot really walk to anything of interest, it typically only took about 15 minutes to get anywhere. Not bad, for the money you are saving. But what you don’t get is the charm of Charleston as you would if you stayed in the historic area – and you lose the ablity to walk to most places. In fact, when at the hotel (and the surrounding area), I would have idea we were even in Charleston. But I cannot hold that against the hotel – I knew that going in.

So if you are OK not saying Downtown, I would totally recommend this hotel for all the reasons above. If you are visiting Charleston as a tourist and can afford the rooms Downtown (or just get a good deal) I would recommend doing that. However, if you are not staying Downtown this place did offer a centralized location, clean and safe accommodations, and good customer service for a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor was a lot quieter than the 1st.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JTF_1977

We appreciate your taking the time to post a review and also for you pointing out several times how much more expensive a night's stay is in a downtown hotel versus at our property. We are 7-10 minute drive from downtown and provide a near luxury experience for about 1/3rd of the price. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were so impressed with how gorgeous this hotel is for the price. As soon as you drive up to the front entrance you will see what I am talking about. The lobby is lovely, the food and the service in the restaurant is excellent, the hotel itself is sparkling clean and the entire staff is warm & helpful. We did not use the pool but it looked very nice (and clean.). It is approximately a 10 minute drive to the downtown historic area.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the first floor. It was great not to have to deal with elevators or stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dissatisfied11742

We so appreciate your lovely review and all the compliments you gave us. I am honored that we exceeded your expectations and we hope that you will remember us when you return to Charleston in the future. Thanks again for your post.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband surprised me with a trip to Charleston for my birthday. We had reservations at a different hotel that had good reviews. We stayed there 1 night and it was horrible. We found the Town and Country on line and called. I spoke to Taciny and we were able to get a king room. She was so sweet and a pleasure to talk with. From the time we walked through the front door until the time we checked out we had a wonderful time. Pavi was a joy. She was so much fun and made sure we had everything we needed. I have many health issues and I am unable to sleep in a bed and she made sure I had extra pillows so I could prop myself up, but the bed was so awesome I was able to sleep like a normal person. We ate dinner in their restaurant 2 and both times I had the fried chicken. it was the best fried chicken I have ever had. It was even better than my own. We have NO complains or problems at all. We are planning on returning to Charleston next year to see what we didn't have time to see this time and we will be staying here again. I hope Pavi is still there as she was so much fun.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donna W

Thanks so very much for your wonderful Five Star review of our family owned an operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. We were honored by your comments on our hotel and especially our staff. It was an honor to serve you. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you on your return visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My children and I stayed here for a family wedding. I choose the hotel for the reviews and option of three beds in a room.

Pros: Hotel was very nice and quiet. It was clean in the rooms and common areas. Pool looked nice although we did not use it. Breakfast was very good. We received vouchers towards breakfast included in our room. That was a nice touch. Everyone was helpful and pleasant.

Cons: When filling up the inflatable pullout couch we noticed a leak right away. I called to the front desk and they said they could move us to a new room. So I packed back up and moved myself and two kids to the new room. I will say they gave me 2 more breakfast vouchers for my trouble which was nice. We will filled up the bed in the next room and it seemed fine, but by the next morning it was flat and my son was sleeping on the frame. Luckily he is not a complainer. I did not want move again because it is a hassle and we had to get to the wedding. So I just let them know when we checked out. I would say do not depend on this pull out for a bed. It would be nice if the switched to a regular mattress in lui of the inflatable one.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank jltoth76

I am so glad to hear of your great experience with the one exception of the sleeper sofa bed malfunction. Just to make sure readers understand correctly our sleeper sofa bed is not an inflatable mattress...it's a real mattress with an air chamber "pillow top" for added comfort. I am glad that we were able to take care of you and get your problem resolved quickly. Thanks for your post and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I have no complaints about the hotel. Nice rooms, reasonable price, plentiful breakfast (not free, but nice buffet). But if I were to come again, I would stay downtown. There are some name brand hotels that might be a bit more expensive, but it would have been more convenient to be closer to the action and either walk, take the free city trolley, or take a cab. Traffic back and forth was no fun and not how I like to spend my vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank Jodi S
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our family owned and operated hotel. Our business philosophy for this hotel (as is told by the many previous posts here on Trip Advisor) is that we provide guestrooms, amenities, and services that normally only come with much more expensive hotels for a fraction of the price and in doing this we create an outstanding value. The 7-10 minute drive to downtown Charleston is a trade off our guests are willing to make in exchange for a savings of several hundred dollars per night on a comparable guestroom.