Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights while in Charleston. They were all simply awesome and my daughter even wanted to stay one more night. The hotel is very clean, nice, quiet and comfortable. It's only several miles away from downtown Charleston and a few miles away from several very good restaurants. For the prices we paid, this was the best among the several hotels we stayed this summer, based on the combination of their facility grades, locations and services. Highly recommended. Btw their breakfast buffet is really good. But we didn't try their lunch buffet and dinner meals because of schedule conflicts.

1  Thank Sam C
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for your Five Star review and for you taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your three night stay with us while in Charleston. We are honored to hear that you felt we were "simply awesome and my daughter even wanted to stay one more night". Thanks also for saying "For the prices we paid, this was the best among the several hotels we stayed this summer, based on the combination of their facility grades, locations and services. Highly recommended." If you need anything on your return visit please let me know.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We enjoyed this hotel! Located about 5.5 miles from Charleston, SC on the Savannah Highway, this hotel featured free parking and offered it customers a $15 per room, per day voucher to use in their restaurant (if you booked directly with them online). The breakfast buffets were excellent. The room was very comfortable and had a large bathroom with a huge shower as well as a separate bathtub. The property was very security oriented, requiring the use of the room key to gain entrance to the building or the swimming pool area. The rooms were well maintained and kept very clean on a daily basis. The folks running the front desk were extremely helpful.

On a side note, if you are staying here, I would recommend that you drive to the Visitors Center to park you car (in the long term parking ramp--$2 per hour, $16 per day maximum) and use the complimentary "trolleys" to get around town. The Visitors Center is very modern and the folks that run it are professional and extremely helpful. Many of the paid excursions leave from just outside of that building.

3  Thank lcdrsc

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive above all to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be extremely secure, convenient, very clean, and conveniently located. I am honored that you found our staff to be so helpful as well. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed for five nights in July 2014. We found this hotel to be exceptionally clean, attractive, comfortable and the location was very convenient to the sight seeing we wanted to do while in town. We also found it to be a tremendous value. We chose town and country because of the trip advisor reviews which are all very positive. I want to especially comment on one of the front desk clerks named Pavi. She was warm, hospitable, friendly and very knowledgable about Charleston. Seeing her every day was like meeting an old friend. She was great! I applaud the owners for not only a great hotel but also for employing someone like Pavi! This was a great trip because we stayed in a great hotel!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sculp123

We very much appreciate your five night stay with us and are honored by your compliments saying that our hotel was "exceptionally clean, attractive, comfortable and the location was very convenient" as well as "a tremendous value". Also thanks for point out Pavi who is a total hospitality professional. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

What a wonderful surprise! I use to stay there a lot in the 90s and watched it disintegrating, but I had recently read good things about it and decided to give it a shot since I didn't have my dog this trip (my only complaint is that T&C is no longer pet-friendly, but I can understand why). I was told that the T&C was pretty much rebuilt from the ground up and reopened in its new form about a year and a half ago. The remodeling is beautiful. Now the former motel has been enclosed into a two story hotel with elevators, the rooms are large and unusually comfortable, tables have faux granite tops, the bathrooms have regular tubs and walk-in showers, the outdoor pool is now enclosed by a glass walkway that goes to the restaurant and lobby, and there is a good-sized fitness room. If you book through their website you get a $15 voucher good towards food from their on-site "Trotter's" restaurant (bonus - room service!). That makes the breakfast buffet almost free for 2 people, and it's by far the best "free" breakfast buffet you'll see in these parts - full Southern breakfast and more, all made fresh. The restaurant also does a major Southern-style Sunday brunch buffet complete with carving station and a Friday night seafood buffet, which I didn't try this trip but they were always legendary even when the hotel was falling apart.

The location is right by I-526 (aka the "Mark Clark Expressway), so even though it is not particularly close to Downtown Chas., there is easy access to all the many, many other attractions in this area, especially if you're a nature lover or a shopper.

T&C is not a chain, it is family owned, so be prepared for a refundable deposit, and there are no AAA discounts. In exchange, though, you will find remarkable staff and a price which, to me, was unbelievably reasonable, especially for Charleston in the summer. Unlike other hotels I've stayed at recently, which were dumps in comparison, this hotel didn't raise the rate as we approached the weekend during my Sun.-Fri. stay, so this trip ended up being cheaper than my stays at the dumps. I used to live in the Charleston area and still have to make frequent trips back here, so I'm delighted to rediscover the Town & Country. A special shout out to Pavi at the front desk!

Room Tip: It's only two stories, so don't expect a view. It's a good hike from the back of the hot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank loisdeboid

Thanks for posting your wonderful Five Star review and for the many compliments you gave us. Just to clarify we do not charge deposits of any kind. You may have confused the temporary hold that is placed on credit/debit cards for incidentals as all hotels do...the only difference is that we make sure to make our guests aware of it. If there is anything I can do for you in the future or upon your return visit please let me know.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while exploring Charleston. We arrived after 11:00 pm at night and were warmly greeted at the front desk. The young lady that checked us in told us we were going to love it, and she was correct! Our room was clean, freshly decorated, provided seating, a king bed and there was a Keurig coffee maker and plenty of K-cups! Having a separate tub and shower was great for us! Making our reservation was easy and the location (in my opinion) is fairly central to Charleston and its surroundings. We also received a credit towards our breakfast, which was fantastic! We like to explore and found it easy to come and go to this location. Why would anyone pay a "downtown" rate when you could have a great place for a fraction of the cost? We will be visiting again!

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room near a (secure) outside exit.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCTravelers90
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thanks for your Five Star review and for pointing out that you were "warmly greeted at the front desk". We pride ourselves on our staff so thanks again for giving them props. I am so glad that you saw the value we provide and plan on visiting again!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend to visit family in Charleston. It had been sometime that we visited, we usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The suite we booked was spacious and very reasonalble for the value and interior quality of the room. The hotel facilities and amenities were far greater than the other hotel options in the area. We loved the large bathroom and kitchenette. I will definitely choose this hotel again when we visit Charleston.

Room Tip: Stono Suite
3  Thank George C

We are honored by both the title and the content of your Five Star review. On behalf of our entire family we greatly appreciate your taking the time to post. If there is anything that we can do for you on your return visit please contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in July. This hotel was perfect for us. The price was great and the location was perfect. We were in Charleston mostly to visit some of the Plantations. The hotel is located right on the highway and it is very easy to get to the main Plantations in Charleston. We definitely took advantage of the pool which was beautiful. Our room was so clean and spacious. We booked directly with the hotel and received 2 $15 vouchers for their restaurant which we used for breakfast. The breakfast buffet was $8.99 a person plus an extra $2.50 pp for unlimited coffee. So, after using our vouchers, we spent only $10 for a huge breakfast each day! The buffet was great and included eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, grits, biscuits and sausage gravey, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, hash browns, yougurt. There were so many options! This was a lovely place to stay. Perfect location for touring the plantations or downtown! We will definitely stay here again next time we are in town!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Megn2414

Thanks for staying with us and for giving us a Five Star review on Trip Advisor. Thanks for pointing out the value you found in having a restaurant meal for two for only $10..... versus a make your own breakfast on styrofoam plates. I am so happy to hear that you will be returning. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more comfortable.