“Excellent hotel and great value!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay. It met all of our needs. Clean,convenient, pleasant staff, satisfying breakfast, loved all the special touches in the room. Will definitely stay here when we return to Charleston.

Room Tip: It is very close to the highway but ask for a room in the back away from the road.
2  Thank 230annette123
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

I am glad that you noticed "all the special touches in the room" as we have engineered many of them that would not be found in other hotels especially in this price range. Thanks also for complimenting our staff and the outstanding value that you received staying here. We very much appreciate your Five Star review.

There are newer reviews for Town & Country Inn and Suites

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My friend and I traveled to Charleston and chose this hotel based on price and tripadvisor reviews. We stayed in a queen suite and were very happy with our accommodations. The room had a kitchenette as well as a large desk with a rolling chair and 2 leather occasional chairs. The room was very clean and well-serviced everyday. The A/C worked superbly which is VERY important in Charleston in the summer. The bathroom was large with a separate tub and walk-in shower. The single vanity had ample space for toiletries. We made used of the pool on our last full day at the hotel - it is a moderately sized pool in an enclosed courtyard with plenty of lounge chairs and pool towels provided. The stay included a $15 voucher for each day of our stay - we used that each day on the breakfast buffet. The weekend buffet is significantly more well-appointed than the weekday buffet but we enjoyed the buffet each day. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, potatoes, fruit, biscuits & gravy, cereal, muffins, oatmeal, & yogurt were available daily.
The staff was friendly and the service - from housekeeping, restaurant, to front desk - was all excellent.
The location is less than a 15 minute drive from downtown/peninsular Charleston and we would absolutely recommend this hotel and we will stay here again!

Room Tip: We did not like our location on the end of the hallway next to the exit door - as it was a bit noisy...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank thequeenb615

I am so pleased to learn that you were "very happy with our accommodations" and that you found your guestroom to be "very clean and well-serviced everyday". Thanks also for noticing that the "bathroom was large with a separate tub and walk-in shower." I will let our staff know that you found them to be top notch and very much appreciated you saying "we would absolutely recommend this hotel and we will stay here again!"

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 nights prior to our family reunion at the beach and we were quite surprised with our accommodations. We had a junior suite with a king size bed and an air bath. It was more than what we expected as far as comfort. The bed was excellent and the air bath was a dream. The hotel personnel were so accommodating and always eager to help in any way. There was a large convention there while we were and we never heard a sound. I would recommend it and we will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Stay in the back wing and not poolside for a totally quiet time.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarilynDean

We are most appreciative of your Five Star review and for choosing us for your recent stay in Charleston. I am glad that you were blown away with the quality of the guestrooms and the service that we provide to our guests. Thanks for giving us a strong recommendation and for saying that you will definitely come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been traveling now for about 2 weeks and I have 1 more week to go. I have stayed 90% of that time in Hotels....Let me tell you that this was the best one by far for the money. SUPER Clean, quiet and I really do feel as though I am in a luxury hotel. From the time I walked in this happy and helpful lady at the front desk greeted me with exuberance telling me they have a very special room waiting for me. I am sure they have one for everyone, but for a split minute I really did feel as though she took the time to make me feel comfortable.
The person before me had come down to get necessities and was given a cork screw and extra coffee pods!!!
Each room is equipt with its own Keurig. Has I write this I am enjoying a wonderful dinner in my room from the restaurant. the food is delicious.
The room is very spacious. Enough for a King bed, two huge granite side tables and very long dresser and a sitting area with another large table. just below the coffee set up is a fridge and nice microwave.
The bathroom is enormous with a tub that is separate from the shower and a beautiful walk in shower.
If I knew all T&C suites were like the across the country, I would stay every time. I cannot sya enough good things about it. It may not have the ambiance of downtown because the area is blah, bt it has everything else and more.

Room Tip: second floor is nice and quiet. Room 253 with a king bed!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WesterlyWOE

We are honored by your Five Star review and the "amazing" compliments you gave us on our "happy and helpful" staff, the "delicious" food that you received for room service, and the "very spacious....beautiful walk in shower."
I did want to take a moment to let everyone reading the review know that we are a family owned and operated hotel....not a chain or affiliated with the chain "Country Inn and Suites"

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed with my husband 1 night on July 14. I would say it is not a destination, luxurious hotel. But it is quite lovely, functional and met our needs. We trully appreciated early check-in as we had an early flight from NY. The staff was friendly and polite. We were offered a $15 voucher for breakfast or drinks as we booked directly with the hotel. The breakfast was quite average. Not a gourmet buffet. Also, beware that coffee is not included in the buffet (extra charge $2.50). So, with coffee, tax, and tips we paid about $15 with voucher for breakfast for 2 (which would be great if the breakfast would be great).

The hotel lobby is nice. Swimming pool area is very nice too (but it closes at 10 pm).The room and bathroom were clean and large. Nice shower and good quality toileteries. Nice coffee in the room. The fridge in the room was also very convinient to store cold drinks.
Overall, it was lovely and met our needs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank SunyFlorida
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thanks for you time in pointing out that you felt the hotel was "lovely" and you had a great experience with the quality of the guestrooms, the size of the showers, and that you also enjoyed our pool. I will relay your compliments on the staff as well. Please come and see us again and let me know personally if I can do anything to make your next stay with us more comfortable.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

So my bf and I did a road trip recently and we stayed at 5 different hotels and this one is totally my FAVORITE ! First of all, love the cleanliness and how BRIGHT the hallways/general hotel areas are! I don't know, I just feel like brightly lit hotels/ hotel rooms is a good sign, to me, it just means that the hotel has nothing to hide... that's just me I guess. But yes, THUMBS UP for this place ! (+ Free wifi & Free parking)

Room Tip: KING BED !!! So comfortable !
1  Thank Karen L

Thank you so very much for your amazing Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston. I am pleased that you noticed how much brighter and cleaner things are here than one would usually find at this price point... among the many other compliments you gave us. If there is anything I can do for you now or in the future please let me know.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is a great hotel. Nice rooms, great amenities and a good restaurant. You can tell that they the owners and staff take a lot of pride in this hotel. Modern decor and very comfortable beds. We really enjoyed our stay here.

3  Thank coyotesfft

Thanks for taking the time to post a Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel. Thanks also for pointing out that we do take pride in how we treat our guests and how we do things here at this hotel. Please come and see us again and ask for me personally.