Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel. Our first visit in the spring was perfection. It had just been completely renovated. We find that it has many of the features of a higher end hotel at an affordable price. The staff is very friendly. Housekeeping seems to do a great job. Rooms are quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant is good basic eggs and bacon food. There are some small maintenance issues they need to keep on top of to keep this a really great hotel. The faucet in our shower was loose, some of the equipment in the fitness center was out of order etc. Nothing big. I will stay here again when in town. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Ansley F
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thanks for your Five Star review and strong endorsement. I wanted to mention that we have ordered an entirely new super high end fitness center...even thought the current one is only 1.5 years old. I thought you might enjoy knowing that when you return it should be installed.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Spent two nights at T & C, the first was planned the second night we decided because our stay was great we'd stay one more night. Upon entering the hotel you first notice the smell of a new construction or renovation. I really liked that, the lobby area is decorated really nice. This is a small, intimate hotel very quiet that exceeded my expectations. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the bathroom is spaceous and gorgeous. I'm a really picky person when it comes to hotel rooms and I can say I really liked the T & C!!!!! Staff was great and to top it all off the $15 dollar vouchers served up a great buffet!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!!
1  Thank mzpicky1

First off, thank you so very much for extending your stay with us. We are a fourth generation family run hotel business and that means the world to us to hear that we impressed you. I was so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for your selection of our family owned hotel and for the Five Star review.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is our fourth time to stay at Town and Country Inn and Suites. The property is always maintained exceptionally well. Pricing reasonable especially for Charleston. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is always professional and friendly. Only oddity - weird design of shower....get splashed in the face when turning it on but you are going to get wet anyway but the initial splash is cold. Otherwise, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - we actually already have recommended it to several friends traveling to Charleston soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoH0

Thanks for saying that we are "maintained exceptionally well", "priced reasonably", "spacious and clean" and our staff is "always professional and friendly". We also wanted to thank you for recommending us to your friends....that is a true compliment. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Spent two nights here while doing our Charleston sightseeing outside of the historic district. (Moved downtown for two nights to get the downtown experience.) Very helpful check in, super clean, and so quiet, no noise from other rooms. I'm a light sleeper and this was one of the quietest places I've ever stayed. Well-appointed rooms with a spacious bath. Very reasonably priced. Only downside is that it is not a terribly convenient location, a bit of a drive to sights. But if it was closer to downtown I suspect it would cost a lot more. Don't hesitate... book it now!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelgirl88

We were pleased to learn that you were so impressed with our combination of quality AND value. That is exactly the experience that we are seeking for our guests. We appreciate the Five Star review.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The staff is what makes this hotel...Jennefer and other front desk staff were amazing and so helpful with directions, suggestions, etc. Jennefer even called a place I was going to and secured a parking garage location to make sure I would be safe in that night walking to my destination...The breakfast was always hot and the staff there was great.....Always quick to refill drinks and the items on the buffet were always hot...This hotel is not downtown, but only a few minutes away......It is worth checking out...I would definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: Pool View Rooms are nice..
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ParadiseSeekers44077

Thanks for your Five Star review and for your compliments on our staff, amenities and overall experience. We were honored that you "would definitely stay here again"

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had an excellent four day stay here. Met and got to know the Manager Erin and Restaurant Manager Ronny - both who were a pleasure to know. Excellent service throughout our stay. Had an issue with the shower (my mistake) and house maintenance was at my door in 5 minutes correcting the problem. The pool area was excellent as was the restaurant. Plan to visit this hotel again in the near future. Everyone was friendly and helpful - as I found the city of Charleston in general. Richard of Virginia

Room Tip: back side of hotel was fine
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trav8888
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

I am so pleased to hear that you had a "excellent" four day stay with us. Thanks also for letting others know that we do go the extra mile for our guests and appreciate them. It was an honor to meet you!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This property was great! My family and I stayed here for three nights while visiting Charleston on vacation. At first, I was a little bit worried that it would be really far outside of the city, it's about a 10 minute drive to downtown. It worked out perfectly! The hotel has free parking, and when/if you decide to go downtown, the parking garages are very reasonably priced. The staff was wonderful, both at the front desk (Rebekah was so friendly and helpful!) and in the restaurant. We did the breakfast buffet one morning for $8.99 - can't beat it! A mix of southern favorites and healthier options like fruit and Greek yogurt. There was a Keurig coffee machine in our rooms, with complimentary coffee which was SO NICE. One of my least favorite things about traveling is having to think about looking presentable before my first cup of coffee - what a genius idea. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were huge and beautiful, walk in showers, bathtub if needed, super comfortable beds, fully functioning AC - just really great all around. The price was right too - I booked it on Hotels.com and got a 20% discounted rate. We needed two rooms, so this was really budget friendly. We had stayed in Savannah a few nights prior to traveling to Charleston, and the Town & Country BLEW the Savannah "brand name hotel" out of the water. Of course, Charleston's historic downtown is full of big, beautiful, old Inns which would be a treat to stay at - but if you are looking for a great price on a rate, comfortable rooms, and excellent service, and a hot cup of coffee when you get out of bed - book your stay at the Town & Country. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Charleston, time and time again.

Room Tip: Inside corner room was dark - one window. Our other room was a middle room and had plenty of light.
1  Thank Meredith A

Thanks for the glowing Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. We appreciate all the compliments and for your strong endorsement. If there is anything that I can do to make your next stay even more comfortable please do let me know.