“My favorite place to stay”
Review of Spears Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheraw
Spears Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Cheraw B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Spears Guest House along with my Aunt and Uncle. We booked 3 out of the 4 rooms there and the extra room remained empty throughout our stay. We could not have had better accommodations! Since we enjoyed the entire house to ourselves, we took full advantage of the room to spread out. My parents and other family members spent hours with us around the dining room table and sitting in the living room. It was so wonderful to have room to visit with family while away from home. We felt so very welcome and comfortable there we didn't want to leave. The bedrooms and bathrooms are all lovely and roomy. It was wonderful having a full kitchen and refrigerator to fill with our food and drinks. The house comes with everything, there is nothing lacking at all. The house is clean, warm, friendly and comfortable; a true home away from home. Kay and Larry really have the perfect touch. My only wish would be if the Spears Guest House was an option everywhere I travel from now on!!

Room Tip: Every room is lovely and no two rooms share a common wall with another bedroom.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MagnoliaMcK

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family stayed at the Spears Guest House this past weekend. We were in town for a family gathering. The house is decorated wonderfully. Each bedroom has it's own charm. I loved how we each had our own bathroom and yet we could all sit and gather in the dining room or living room to sit and enjoy each other's company. There were TV's in each bedroom and one in the living room. The dining room had a great stero system. Kay and Larry were very helpful and had picked up the soda we liked before we got there. The neighborhood is very nice and quite at night and in an old historic section of Cheraw with lots of grand old homes. I would stay here a again if we get the chance to come back down.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BubblesHoff
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The Spears Guest House and it's proprieters deserve all the positive superlatives anyone could muster. My wife and I spent our only overnights in Cheraw there recently and they definitely won't be our last. The accomodations are terrific but what really makes the stay are the owners, Kay and Larry. They are endlessly knowledgeable about Cheraw, which is a place well worth knowing about because of both it's beauty and it's history. But more than that, I'm sure Kay and Larry sparkle wherever they are. If there's anything to make the stay perfect that they haven't already thought of and furnished in their warm and homey guesthouse, the mere mention of it puts them in motion in a valiant attempt to provide total satisfaction. Our stay was in midwinter, but the ambiance created by the place and the hosts made us feel more like spring was imminent. Staying in the house is more like living at ease in a historical setting than hiding out in a museum, like some B&B's. Everything we needed was available and we helped ourselves according to our own timetable. I like that system; no schedule to follow but your own. We had the place to ourselves due to the timing, but its easy to imagine conversations with other guests astute enough to visit Cheraw happeing in the intimate parlor or around the dining table. The closeness of the rooms and size of the entire place would prompt that. The Spears keep it small and do it right. The combination of modern convenience with the hospitality and grace of a bygone era made this a gem we're very happy to have discovered and can hardly wait to return to. Kay and Larry embody that hospitality and grace along with a healthy dose of fun.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband and I visited Cheraw, the Prettiest Town in Dixie, in October. We discovered the Spears Guest House and its gracious proprietors, Kay and Larry Spears, and couldn't have been happier with our stay. The house provided the perfect accommodations for us. My husband is an early riser and enjoyed the comfortable sitting room while I enjoyed my sleep. The kitchen is self-service, so you can eat whenever you wish. The refrig was stocked with delicious homemade apple and pecan muffins, English muffins, bagels, yogurt, etc. There was cereal and fresh fruit available as well as a Keurig coffeemaker with numerous coffee selections. We had wine and hors d'oeuvres one evening with Kay and Larry and enjoyed discussions about Cheraw and its history.
Our room and bathroom were fully equipped with anything you could possibly need. The guest house is on a quiet street in the heart of Cheraw, perfect for walking to view the beauty of this Southern town. We will definitely stay at the Spears Guest House on return trips to Cheraw.

4  Thank LHHIOP
Reviewed 2 November 2012

A group of us stayed at the Spears Guest house this past weekend while we were in the area for the Tough Mudder- Carolinas in Society Hill. The accommodations were perfect. We loved how each guest room had it's own bathroom. Having a TV in each room allowed the guys to watch several different college football games at one time on Saturday afternoon! On Saturday night, we used the grill to make a big steak dinner to celebrate finishing the Tough Mudder. We enjoyed sitting around the cozy dining room table to share a meal together. Miss Kay stopped in to say hello and make sure everything was comfortable for us and she was just so nice. I thought the 'make your own' breakfast worked out perfect for us since we were up so early on Saturday, and we all left at different times on Sunday. Furthermore, the house wasn't too far from the restaurants in downtown Cheraw - we were able to walk to the Oyster Bar to have a couple drinks after dinner. I would highly recommend the Spears Guest House and hope we can return sometime.

3  Thank fusillijackie
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Spear's Guest House is in the heart of historic Cheraw, SC. It is a beautifully appointed home with comfortable beds, a living room furnished with lovely antiques, cozy kitchen, dining room, and all amenities. The owners made us feel like family. The conversation was easy and their knowledge of the area gave us insight into the charm that Cheraw has to offer. Larry entertains with songs and stories while Kay serves up homade cheese wafers and southern hospitality. She can tell you about famous local artists, the history of the stately homes, and point you towards the best local experiences. We absolutely loved staying at Spear's Guest House and will make it our destination next time we visit Cheraw.

Room Tip: All rooms have private baths with all the hot water you care to use. There is wi if and TV in every...
2  Thank DDNock-n-Stein
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Local hotels suck so my wife and I looked for an alternative in small town Cheraw SC. We found it in the Spears Guest House. Our room was very clean, had all the modern conveniences and no extra costs (hot water, large towels, wi-fi, UVerse, easy parking, etc.) and after meeting the owners', I know we'll be back. Kick back in Southern hospitality and spend some time with the Spears. Oh yea, loved the Brandy in my room also.

Room Tip: Make reservations early, there are only four rooms and the guest house is popular. IF YOU ARE IN CH...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James G

Been to Spears Guest House? Share your experiences!