“Just Like Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spears Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheraw
Spears Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Cheraw B&B and Inns
Cheraw, South Carolina
“Just Like Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

i live in Cheraw and needed a place for family to stay during the holidays. Spears Guest House was exactly what we needed. Everyone could stay together and enjoy being together. The house was cozy, clean, and furnished beautifully. My family talked about how comfortable the beds were and stated "It was just like home". Now I think staying at the Guest House will be a tradition for my family during the holidays.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank southspoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Owego, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

I'm been on the road for work since the later part of 2002 and was worn out of the typical hotel chains, hotel bars, hotel soap, hotel beds, etc... so I was looking for something new. I get to South Carolina and specifically Cheraw every few months on business and visit one of the establishments there called the Oyster Bar (O.B.) where I met Larry and Kay Spears. Larry plays guitar at the O.B. on Wednesday nights. They invited me to stay and their Bed and Breakfast on my next trip and what a treat it turned out to be!

Having never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before I was a little skeptical and not sure what to expect. I am happy to say it sure beats the same old hotel blues I have been experiencing lately. Located in a quiet neighborhood in what I have been told in the "prettiest town in Dixie" Spears Guest House was just what I needed. Affordable rates that were within my per diem, a walk away from downtown, and service that exceeded my expectations. Larry and Kay live across the street and provided all the accomodations I would have expected from a chain hotel but with a personal touch. As a "Yankee" they have come to define what the term Southern Hospitality truly means for me.

I'll certainly be back and will try to plan my next trip around the "Taste of Cheraw" in the Spring!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank pg801Mack
Cresson, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

This bed & breakfast is truly a wonderful place to stay. We have been there several times and will definitely return!!! If you are in the Chesterfield, Cheraw, etc. are of South Carolina, you must stay at the Spears Guest House. The place is decorated superbly and the hospitality there is Awesome. The place is clean, clean, clean. I would recommend anyone staying there

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary N
Windham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2010

Kay and Larry Spears were classy and friendly hosts. We were in town for business and were referred by our client who is a friend of the Spears. We are very grateful he gave us the recommendation.

We arrived for the first night of a two night stay and were delighted to find a stacked refrigerator with food for guests and decanters of brandy in each room. The setup is classy and roomy with beautiful and chraming common spaces and comfortable well laid out rooms with private baths.

We were lucky enough to bump into Larry and Kay at the local Oyster Bar our first night. Larry with his Southern hospitality introduced himself when we walked in (we had not met face to face yet). We enjoyed our time with them and afterwards Larry came back to the guest house (they live next door) and played blue grass and folk music for us while we chatted.

The experience was truly fantastic full of Southern charm and hinted of a bygone era.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank watchbuyer
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

Extended family gatherings can be stressful but Spears Guest House seemed more like home than anything else! They think of everything that we forgot.....blowdryer and an iron! We'll definitely stay here again! Hat tip to Carol Mascia for the recommendation! Spears Guest House and Cheraw are gems of the south!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank julesofnc
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

What a wonderful guest house. My sister and I were so impressed with all the unexpected little extra touches that set this apart from the rest - an umbrella for that sudden rain shower, a cd player in my room so that I could finish my book on disc as I dressed, a soft bathrobe and more.We had the pleasure of meeting the owners who went out of their way to insure that our every need was met and also gave us wonderful advise on shops and out of the way places to include in our visit. We will definitely return again and this time bring our husbands.

• Stayed September 2010
Hartsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

We came to Cheraw for my 35th class reunion and stayed at The Spears Guest House. We had other friends staying with us there. I loved the in suite private bathrooms. The house was so cozy and very clean. The beds were comfortable. I loved that they had a grill in the backyard so we decided to grill out and had so much fun sitting in the back yard. The front porch in the morning was just perfect for coffee and reading the complimentary paper that arrive there everyday. The owners live across the street and were available if we needed anything. Needless to say they left no stone unturned and we did not have to call them for anything except to come and share a glass of wine with us in the backyard. I cannot tell you what a wonderful experience we had. If you are ever within earshot of Cheraw you must stop in and stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheraw
Quality Inn Cheraw
Quality Inn Laurinburg
Quality Inn Laurinburg
#3 of 5 in Laurinburg
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockingham

Been to Spears Guest House? Share your experiences!