“Different from the rest - good food - slow service”
Review of El-Sherif's House of Pizza - CLOSED

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's on Google.
“Different from the rest - good food - slow service”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This restaurant is catalogued under the Mediterranean/Italian categories, it is a blend between the two. You can find stromboli, pasta, manicotti, but also there is gyros and greek salads. You can also have a steak if that is your choice. I would say the desserts are one of the best things you can find around town, if you want to end your meal with baklava, angel hair or a special cake. There is no complaints about the food.
What lowers the score for this restaurant is two things: 1) the service is way too slow; it has always been this way, so if you are going there make sure you have time to spend, never go there for a quick meal. 2) The decoration is not too great, some booths are not comfortable and if you have to wait long then the experience is not nice.
I would still go back for the food, but only if I have time.

Atlanta
“Surpisingly good, in a town with few choices”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had stayed away for years even though I am in Cheraw frequently for field trials since I had never heard good things. However, a friend swore it was his favorite spot in town and we tried it. It was surprisingly good. The fare is simple but there is a fair amount of variety and the salads are great.

My wife is now convinced it is her favorite in Cheraw, which frankly has pretty poor options for dining.

1 Thank tatworthington
Cheraw
“Worst service and heartburn ever.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went to dinner with friends who had heard the this place was great. Our experience was far from even being good. The place is clean enough looking and pleasantly decorated. That is where the good ends. The service was horrendous. We waited 1 1/2 hours for a meal that left us with heartburn all night and the next morning we are still sick. We took tums and Prilosec and are still nauseated.
El Sherif is the worst place I have eaten in in years. We will NEVER go back. Avoid this place unless you like to be sick after your meal.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good dinner after a hard day's work”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The owner of the B&B I was staying in recommended El Sherif's to me. Instead I went to River's Edge for lunch and regretted it. So I went to El Sherif's that night for dinner. I will definitely go back.

I had the shrimp fettuccine and it was delicious. Ate the whole thing. It came with garlic bread that alright (a bit too crisp for me). They didn't have a great selection of alcohol drinks so that was a let down (just cheap beer and wine).

The waitress was super friendly and attentive. The place was near empty (~7pm on a Tuesday). The decor is rather dark and drab.

• Visited July 2013
Georgia
“All 5 kids hated it..”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

My kids are not picky eaters or food snobs unlike their mom. It's pretty hard to mess up pizza but this place did. Weird spices. I don't know if it's cumin or some Mediterranean spice but if you are expecting American-Italian you will be disappointed. I ordered Chicken Parm and the chicken was grilled, not made traditionally. The people are friendly (Cheraw is a darling town with amazing history), the food is very reasonable and the portions are large..unfortunately the food tasted so bad, none of us wanted to eat it!