“Not the Ritz, but a great value”
Review of Quality Inn Cheraw

Quality Inn Cheraw
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cheraw
Port Republic, Virginia
“Not the Ritz, but a great value”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Friendly staff, clean comfortable room. Room access is from the outside which some may not care for, but was not a problem. Quite adequate breakfast with a very friendly attendant. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room to avoid carrying luggage to the second floor up the stairs!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 23 May 2014

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you, again soon!

843-537-5625

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
LEXINGTON
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed one night and the hotel was clean and everyone was very friendly. The hotel was booked the night I stayed and you wouldn't know it. Was quiet and comfy. Got some work done in the evening and slept in a little.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write your response on line about our hotel. It is always nice to get possitive feedback from our valued guest. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. We strive to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible and your comments help us continue to improve on giving you the best stay possible.

Thamk you again for your online comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thanks,
Mattie Thomas, GM
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

I spent three nights here for a dog competition. This is an exterior access facility which I really like because then I don't have to haul my belongings in and out through a lobby and I can park my truck right outside of my door. While the room was somewhat small, it was clean and up to date. The bathroom vanity was nice and big which I like. The bed was very comfortable. They are pet friendly and there is a small grassy area for your dog. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank idabob5426
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 26 December 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a hotel that I stay at a lot when visiting my husband hometown and I believe this is the first review since it changed from The Jameson Inn to the Quality Inn. The hotel is a great value but still have a few renovations to go. We stayed in Room 205, I flushed the toilet and the handle fell off. I flushed the toilet again and it got stopped up. I tried to turn on the lamp (it was unplugged) and the nod was missing so the only way I could turn the light on was to plug it in the wall outlet. The bed was very comfortable, the room has a microwave and refrigerator, the room had new carpet. The hotel offers breakfast from 0630-0930, you can make a homemade waffle, (they used to offer strawberries, not anymore), boiled eggs, sausage biscuits, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, apples and oranges. We arrived at 915 and the attendant was upset that we and others showed up that late and made the comment "I knew as soon as I start putting the food up, people would show up" . We rushed to get food because she started putting up the food at 925.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 205
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LizJ1960
Quality I, Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 21 October 2013

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We drove about 40 miles out of our way, saved $40, and had a very pleasant stay. After spending the night before in a cheap, poor quality room and getting very little sleep, we were looking for something in Rockingham. The rooms there were more expensive and reviews were mixed. After finding the Cheraw QI and the good reviews we decided to give it a try. It was well worth the extra miles. We had a King size room, it was clean and very relaxing. The breakfast was good with waffles, sausage biscuits and more. A small exercise room came in handy. If you are looking for luxury this is not for you, but if you want clean, comfortable, relaxation and good value then this place is perfect.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Stuff61
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments online.
We are always happy to receive positive comments from our guest and I will share yours with the entire staff. We value our guest comments and use them to improve so that you will be even more comfortable on your next visit.

Again, thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about our hotel online. We look forward serving you on your next.
Brookfield, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2013

room was very clean no perfume smells or anything else we came in very late so didnt get to use the pool the breakfast room was very large and very well presented they had staff there to help if you needed anything variety was impressive best we have seen waffles biscuits fresh strawberries fruit all the usuals and more.would stay again for sure

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 29ratatude
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments online about our hotel.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments and I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Your feedback is very important to us because we use this information to make necessary changes or adjustment to better our guest stay on each visit.
Again, thank you for your nice comments about our hotel online.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several different times over the past 5 years when it was a Jameson Inn. This is the first time I have stayed since it became a Quality Inn, and I could see a decline in the hotel. There had been a leak in the ceiling above the bathroom, and the ceiling was still stained and needed additional patching, and there was some peeling paint in other places. The room was clean, and the staff was very helpful. It is still the best hotel in Cheraw, but maintenance needs to be improved.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Cheraw, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments about your stay online. We strive to give our guest the best stay possible. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we will use them to help us improve for your next visit with us. I do apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced on your last stay with us. It is with pleasure that I am able to let you know we do have a lot of upgrades to our rooms coming around Aug and Sept of this year. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look forward to your return so that we can improve on our service.
Mattie Thomas, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheraw
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Hampton Inn and Suites - Hartsville
Fairfield Inn Hartsville
Fairfield Inn Hartsville
#2 of 4 in Hartsville

Been to Quality Inn Cheraw? Share your experiences!