“Fy the friendly skies at Skydive Carolina”
Review of Skydive Carolina!

Skydive Carolina!
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Chester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Carolina is the premier skydiving center of the Carolinas. Our family owned and operated dropzone has been providing world-class skydiving experiences for over 30 years. Centrally located between Charlotte, NC and Columbia, SC we also serve guests from Asheville, Greenville, Spartanburg and Charleston. Our full-service dropzone offers tandem skydiving, learn to skydive programs and one of the nation's largest skydiving events, CarolinaFest.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I too celebrated my 60th birthday by doing a tandem jump at Skydive Carolina and enjoyed it so much, I used their coupon to do a second tandem two days later at half price! Greg, my pre-jump instructor, was knowledgeable and managed to put even those leery of jumping out of a plane at 14,000 feet at ease. I can't say enough about Ashley, my tandem instructor. She was friendly and professional and gave me the canopy ride of a lifetime, pointing out areas of interest and reviewing landing procedures while in the air. Shaggy, the videographer, managed to get some great shots in spite of me being extremely camera-shy. The facility itself was clean and inviting and the entire staff, owners included, were warm and personable. Was the 10 hour drive from New Jersey worth it? You bet!!!!

2  Thank wandasmom1
"safety video"
"whole process"
"free fall"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this place"
"photo package"
in 8 reviews
"airplane"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I celebrated my 60th birthday by doing my first tandem jump. It was every bit as thrilling as I had imagined it would be. The pre-flight instruction was thorough and informative and eased my fears of any safety issues. Doug was my tandem jumper and I couldn't have asked for a better partner. Shaggy, my videographer, took some amazing shots and video that I'll be able to enjoy for years to come. I used a Groupon for this adventure and it saved me $50. The facility itself was pretty easy to find - everyone was friendly and accommodating and my only complaint was that it was over way too fast. Thanks Skydive Carolina! You gave me an experience I will be talking about forever!!

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

My daughter wanted to skydive to mark the occasion of turning 18yrs old, graduating from high school, and her sister's upcoming wedding. We'd heard about CSD! from a friend and since the weather was going to be nice, we booked a tandem jump online. Finding the place was as easy as booking the online appointment & only took us 1&1/2 hours to get there from south Charlotte. A family runned business, everyone was super friendly and accommodated our request to place a banner on the runway so it could be caught in the video on her way down. Shaggy, the videographer did an excellent job in filming our entire experience. The owner jumped tandem with my daughter & has logged in over 6,000+ jumps, so I felt at ease with her falling 2 miles back down to earth with him. In total, we spent only $300 for memories that will last a lifetime! I was so inspired, I might take the plunge when I turn 50!! I highly recommend this place due to it price, professionalism & proximity to Charlotte.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have jumped tandem twice in my life both at Skydive Carolina. Both times I had different skydivers who were very helpful and entertaining. They show a required video and do a good job explaining exactly what you need to know and do before and after jumping out the plane. The location is sort of out in the middle of nowhere but it sort of needs to be considering the space they need. I trust this company and recommend to anyone who is looking for something fun to do!!!