“OK place to stay”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Clemson
Tullahoma, TN
“OK place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We usually stay at this hotel because it is near a family member we visit. Nothing spectacular but a decent place to stay overnight. Towels and bedding were clean. Staff was friendly. Wifi worked fine. So did cable TV. Price can be high during Clemson events, but that is true of all lodging in the area.

Room Tip: We always ask for a lower floor due to our age and health condition and that is always honored. Ch...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We do try to make things convenient for all our guests by providing them with good clean rooms, great customer service and granting special requests when ever available. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Clemson.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Westerville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was a little worried when I saw this hotel allowed pets and smoking. However I requested a room which had no smoking and no pets. It had no smoke smell and I am very sensitive to smells. Also the breakfast was much nicer than I expected. I will stay here again. It was just a little pricey on move in weekend for Clemson, but worth the convenience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

02580, Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you so much for this kind review. I hope you travel back to Clemson soon and choose Days Inn. Feel free to Contact me with any travel questions.
Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My family traveled to Clemson to attend my graduation and elected to stay at this hotel. My fiance and I almost reserved a room here; however, I decided to check reviews on TripAdvisor first. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I DID! (Thank you TripAdvisor and to all the reviewers!!)

After viewing the negative experiences from most of the TripAdvisor reviewers, we chose to stay at the Hampton Inn further down the street. (We had an awesome experience there, by the way).

Several members of my family stayed in 2 different Days Inn rooms. I can't speak for the room that my aunt and her boyfriend stayed in. However, the room that my mom, sister, niece and nephew stayed in was horrid.

Upon arriving at the hotel, my mom had to immediately request a different hotel room because her first one was filthy and only had 1 king sized bed. When reserving her room, she'd requested 2 queen sized beds, a roll away bed, and a cradle. She was moved into a different room that wasn't a lot cleaner than the first one.

I visited their hotel room and upon entering it, I was greeted by heat, mugginess, and a faint mildew smell. The ironing board was badly stained and the room just had a dirty feel to it. I'd tried earlier in the week to convince my mom to move her reservation to a different hotel after seeing the reviews here. However, she was firm on wanting to stay at the Days Inn for affordability (she didn't want me to pay for her room). Still, I felt awful about her experience and attempted to find her a room in a different hotel but all close by (and more affordable) hotels were booked solid.

To make matters worse, my sister told me that their toilet had become clogged and the hotel manager asked my mom to come to the front office to get a plunger. Their room was short on towels and wash clothes, and they had to hit the shower head for the shower to come on.

I only visited this hotel while checking on my family and I can say that this wasn't a good experience for any of us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erica H
02580, Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
One of the guests in this party already had a reservation with this hotel. The guest had to be called on her day of arrival because of an issue with her reservation. She at that time requested the last remaining room we had in the hotel and that was a king size room. I am very sorry that this caused an unhappy stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest happy and work hard to see that it is a clean hotel. We also have many complimentary reviews on Trip Advisor.

Travellers are raving about these Clemson hotels