“A Clemson Icon With Average Food”

Sardi's Den Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 134 Restaurants in Clemson
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This place is a staple in Clemson that folks either really like or really don't. In my opinion, the staff were wonderful, but the food was average and the facility was in great need of renovation. It's not likely I'll be back unless it gets an overhaul.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

We have always had a hard and fast 20 minute "initial contact" rule in a restaurant (before leaving) and this is only the second time it has ever been invoked. Several of the staff glanced in our direction but never pulled the trigger so it was arrival at 2:40 PM, departure at 3. Sorry, can't provide any feedback on the food we would have ordered, GUESS OUR DISGUISES (AS EMPTY SEATS) worked to perfection. CHEAPEST MEAL EVER!!!

1  Thank MIKE J
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were a table of 10 and were treated very well. The waitress and manager were very helpful with food and drink selections. The wings were the highlight. Crispy and served with a choice of sauce. The medium was perfect, with enough kick to make it right. The portions were large and the prices small. Good chicken, pulled pork, and ribs. There were other offerings, but those seemed to be the main choices. They have specials every day. The beers were served in frosted mugs, a highlight on a 95 degree day. They have a butterfinger cake dessert that was outstanding. The decor is rustic, but the place is clean and lively.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Sardi’s on several occasions. Good BBQ and beer at reasonable prices. It’s my default place to go when I can’t make my mind up to go elsewhere, or finer dining options are unavailable. Nothing fancy. The crab leg special on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings is a nice treat. And you can count on the BBQ unlike some of the other places in the area that close up when they run out.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We went here for the first and last time lastnight. We had searched for the crab legs, made a reservation as required. When we go there we were seated in the back. Waitress came up and took our orders. We never looked at the menu because we came for the ayce crab legs. On the wall it shows the cost pr person, however it never mentions and added 18% gratuity anywhere on the wall menu and neither did the waitress mention it. We waited over 30 mins for our first set of crabs. Then we had to wait again for 20 more mins to get more. We had to keep asking our waitress and any other waitress that came by for help. In the end, I look at the bill and see this extra fee. The couple beside us was not charged 18%. I get home and call back and was advised it is a tax that can be charged by waitress or owner if they feel like it. I told her we were never told about it and she said oh well its on the menu. Told her we never looked at it. She didnt care and hung up!!!! VERY MISLEADING!!!! NEVER GOING BACK!!!!

1  Thank mthurman2018