“Worth the wait”
Review of SunnySide Cafe

SunnySide Cafe
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Clemson
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Important Notice We are closed at our College Ave location. Our new building is under construction at Patrick Square. We will be open early Spring 2018 with a bigger and better facility to serve you better. Thank you for your support. See you soon
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I came here with my family for a Sunday brunch. There was a 25 minute wait when we got there, which almost made us go somewhere else. I'm glad we didn't! The menu has a lot of variety, even several good vegan and vegetarian options. I had the huevos rancheros, which ends up looking more like a plate of nachos than the typical dish. Even so, it was very good. My only complaint was that they were out of the fried green tomato biscuit, which I would have loved to have tried. Guess I'll have to go back sometime!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We were visiting a cousin in the area, so he suggested we go here..it's mothers day. About a half hour wait, but we'll worth it. We were served promptly. The waitress was extra nice. The food was outstanding!!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

This food is delicious. With it being one of the only breakfast places in town.... Go early! Their biscuits are fantastic.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

How quickly this place has gone downhill. The food is still ok, but not nearly as fresh and well prepared as my 2015 review of it. What has dramatically declined is the service. It was horribly slow, food thrown at you almost and attention to detail doesn't exist. Inexperienced staff that have ZERO sense of how to be a server. Sad, sad, sad that it has fallen so quickly so fast.

Mark B, General Manager at SunnySide Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry you had such an experience. I would appreciate a chance to either email with you or talk on the phone to try to figure out when you were there, who took care (or did not take care of you), and what we need to improve so we can earn your trust in our restaurant again. My email is oursunnysidecafe@gmail.com and my phone is 704-787-0339.

Mark

Reviewed 25 April 2017

The host couldn't have been more gracious, and that gets the meal off to a good start. We each (three) had different breakfasts, and we were all pleased. SunnySide is definitely worth a second visit next time we're in Clemson.