“Average, but that is not a bad thing”

Comfort Inn Clemson University Area
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Clemson
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Average, but that is not a bad thing”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Older hotel. Rooms probably 20+ years old, but they looked nice and were clean. Had a couple maintenance issues, most significant was the knob to pull on the shower came off/wasn't screwed on. But some issues like this may not be known to the staff if guests don't report them when they check out. Breakfast was average also, typical waffles, coffee, cereal, eggs, sausage. Hotel was crowded and staff wasn't keeping up with the trash and clean up of the small breakfast area. Overall staff was nice. Location was on main street in town and seemed safe. No better location from Clemson university, only about a mile from campus. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are a few suites with a separate sitting/TV room (bedroom also had a TV)in the middle of the h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

First let me say that the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Thank you. Now the hotel, it is tired and old. They do their best to keep it clean (which is more difficult because it is old and they allow pets). I have dogs and always have, but even my fellow dog owners have to admit that it is harder to keep it clean with pets. It's a trade off we all willingly accept, trust me I've always had goldens. So, they do their best. The breakfast was the saddest excuse for breakfast I've seen. It's not that they don't have all the normal things, it's that they are bad, just bad. If you are traveling with a pet, go for it. If you are getting a great rate compared to the Hampton Inn and Courtyard, go for it. If it's the only room for a football game, go for it. Just don't expect the same quality as the other hotels I've mentioned. I would not stay there again and I would not recommend it to a friend, but I know I'm really picky about upkeep and cleanliness.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Weaverville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was a guest at the comfort Inn Jan 2-4. The staff and Management was very friendly and helpful. The Hotel was clean, breakfast had a nice variety to choose from. My refrigerator was having a problem, mentioned it to the Desk Clerk sat morning, by the time I arrived back Sat afternoon it was fixed.

I had my dog with me and they had a nice area to walk her.

I wish more hotels were like this....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vika727
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel extensively with my job. Currently I am working at a Duke Power facility and am staying at the Clemson Comfort Inn. I would like to say that from the initial phone call to book my room 5 months ago, and for my entire stay here the service and staff have been outstanding. Fred, Ty and Dawn at the front desk made me feel like family. Don the maintenance man even invited us to his church which was most enjoyable. These folks all take customer service to a level commensurate with a much more expensive property. The property underwent a sale, and is being renovated still. The improvements are noticeable and significant. 5 stars all the way. My wife and I may make excuses to stop here again in the future, just to see the friendly staff again if for no other reason.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JodyTrop
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I will be sure to share it with the staff. It is always great to hear about the positive experiences during a guests stay. We hope that we will see you again soon! Thank you again for giving our hotel a chance to provide you a home away from home experience.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in November 2013. The room, especially the bathroom, smelled musty. The wifi is a laugh. While it would connect, it was not possible to even download email. My room was next to an outdoor exit and a mechanical room. There was a periodic mechanical noise that, everytime it started, woke me up. When I complained to the front desk, the response was "Sorry bout that". Find another place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting this month. Also, a new contract has been submitted for a faster wireless provider. I do apologize for the inconvenience that the wireless may have caused.

Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed 4 November 2013

First, I'm grateful to have found a room late at night. The staff was very helpful. The location was very quiet and I slept most of the night. The bed was soo soft that I needed to put a pillow between my husband and me to prevent us both from ending up in the middle pit. The room was clean, but the previous remodel was not well done. I'd stay here again, but I'd first try another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. The property is now under new ownership and the rooms are currently being updated. I hope you will visit Clemson in the future and check out our updated rooms. Thank you and we hope to see you again!
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is the second visit in a row this month and the wireless Internet is unstable - the signal cuts out completely I'd say 25% of the time so don't come here if you depend on it. I told the front desk and they said they were aware of the problem-they knew about this problem last year.
One moring when we came to breakfast 1/2 hour before breakfast was supposed to be closed all the biscuits were gone and the kitchen staff said it was too late to bake more. No big deal unless you want a biscuit . Last time 2 weeks ago the room for eating breakfast didn't have the tables set up so we had to move the tables ourselves. These are little things, but when you are paying $240 per night I expect more...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your review to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting this month. Also, a new contract has been submitted for a faster wireless provider. I do apologize for the inconvenience that the wireless may have caused.