“great stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Clemson
Henderson, Nevada
“great stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Clemson for the weekend to visit a friend in the area, I really enjoyed my stay while there. The rooms had been recently renovated and were clean and the staff was great.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doug M
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was very impressed with the new improvements at the hotel. Also the staff was very accommodating and customer service oriented. I will definitely be back! I feel that strongly safe and comfortable in the rooms are very clean!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Nate56
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently stayed a few nights at Comfort Inn in Clemson, SC and were greeted by a friendly young lady named Dawn. My husband carried on a conversation with her about animals and joked around about he might bring his gorilla with him on his next trip. She was amused and here we go. She went above & beyond what we call the normal and REALLY made our stay beyond pleasant. Many times people tend to only voice their complaints but this time we would like to voice our compliments. I can count on one hand people I would employ or recommend for employment to a friend & I have added DAWN to that list of A+ people. Comfort Inn should be proud to have such a dedicated, friendly and caring employee that is exemplified in her daily duties. She was great and we appreciate her .... hope you do!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debbie D
Thank you for the positive review! I will share this with Dawn! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Older hotel. Rooms probably 20+ years old, but they looked nice and were clean. Had a couple maintenance issues, most significant was the knob to pull on the shower came off/wasn't screwed on. But some issues like this may not be known to the staff if guests don't report them when they check out. Breakfast was average also, typical waffles, coffee, cereal, eggs, sausage. Hotel was crowded and staff wasn't keeping up with the trash and clean up of the small breakfast area. Overall staff was nice. Location was on main street in town and seemed safe. No better location from Clemson university, only about a mile from campus. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are a few suites with a separate sitting/TV room (bedroom also had a TV)in the middle of the h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

First let me say that the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Thank you. Now the hotel, it is tired and old. They do their best to keep it clean (which is more difficult because it is old and they allow pets). I have dogs and always have, but even my fellow dog owners have to admit that it is harder to keep it clean with pets. It's a trade off we all willingly accept, trust me I've always had goldens. So, they do their best. The breakfast was the saddest excuse for breakfast I've seen. It's not that they don't have all the normal things, it's that they are bad, just bad. If you are traveling with a pet, go for it. If you are getting a great rate compared to the Hampton Inn and Courtyard, go for it. If it's the only room for a football game, go for it. Just don't expect the same quality as the other hotels I've mentioned. I would not stay there again and I would not recommend it to a friend, but I know I'm really picky about upkeep and cleanliness.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Weaverville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was a guest at the comfort Inn Jan 2-4. The staff and Management was very friendly and helpful. The Hotel was clean, breakfast had a nice variety to choose from. My refrigerator was having a problem, mentioned it to the Desk Clerk sat morning, by the time I arrived back Sat afternoon it was fixed.

I had my dog with me and they had a nice area to walk her.

I wish more hotels were like this....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vika727
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I travel extensively with my job. Currently I am working at a Duke Power facility and am staying at the Clemson Comfort Inn. I would like to say that from the initial phone call to book my room 5 months ago, and for my entire stay here the service and staff have been outstanding. Fred, Ty and Dawn at the front desk made me feel like family. Don the maintenance man even invited us to his church which was most enjoyable. These folks all take customer service to a level commensurate with a much more expensive property. The property underwent a sale, and is being renovated still. The improvements are noticeable and significant. 5 stars all the way. My wife and I may make excuses to stop here again in the future, just to see the friendly staff again if for no other reason.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JodyTrop
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I will be sure to share it with the staff. It is always great to hear about the positive experiences during a guests stay. We hope that we will see you again soon! Thank you again for giving our hotel a chance to provide you a home away from home experience.