“Nice hotel”

Sleep Inn at Bush River Road
Ranked #39 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here both to and from a trip from Florida to Pigeon Forge, TN. The hotel is conveniently located near - but not too near - interstates. We were not bothered by traffic noise at all. There is a very good Italian restaurant nearby. No one was at the reception when we arrived, but they appeared after a couple of bangs on the bell and were friendly and helpful. The room was fine, although our microwave did not work and I had to use the one in the breakfast area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank retired-teacher60
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn at Bush River Road

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I've stayed at Sleep Inn Columbia many times. We have a vacation condo in Florida so this is the perfect place to stop by on our drives down to the condo. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. After a long drive, I'm able to sleep comfortably in a nice, clean room and really feel refreshed. The pillows are amazing; I wish they would sell them to me. I get such a good sleep every time I sleep here. Best part is, I wake up to a great buffet in the morning. Easy to feed the kids and off we go to our condo in Orlando. The staff have gotten used to us coming every few months and really treats us well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Deep P
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We have just finished renovating public areas and are in the process of renovating all our rooms, few rooms are already completed.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Recently my family stayed at the Sleep Inn Columbia,SC during a family trip. Upon entering, I noticed how exceptionally clean the lobby was. Staff was friendly and professional. The gentleman that checked us in made every effort to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We were exhausted and no trouble falling asleep! The rooms were very clean and the mattress and pillows were great! We definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there again. Wonderful stay at a great price!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonya P
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

We very much appreciate your time doing the review and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Columbia, SC during a recent trip. First of all, I got a great deal for a clean room which included 1 king bed with a comfy mattress; also, the pillows were soft and dreamy! Secondly, the hotel staff members were welcoming and friendly; they were very helpful with answering questions about the area. Third, I enjoyed the breakfast that included many tasty options! The appearance of the hotel including the modern-looking lobby area as well as the location of the hotel (i.e., near restaurants and highways) were other positives. Overall, the experience was a pleasant one. I will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Tina P
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

After driving all day and exhausted, checked in....staff nice. Rooms were very dated to the 70's, but clean. Check in at 8:30. Hubby went straight to sleep. About 9:00 movement started upstairs...sounded like suitcases and large feet so thought it would stop shortly. It got worse, we thought they were pulling up the carpet and sounded like furniture moving. Why would they place us under this room? Finally at 11:15 I called the desk to ask if they were doing construction in the room above us. They did have a sign that asked us to bear with them, construction was in process. We did not sleep well .....I could not get to sleep until after 2:00 am and were really surprised that they did not at least compensate part of our bill. Just so sorry it was so noisy. They did call us back and tell us there were a lot of people in the room and they were asked to be quiet or leave. Not sure I will stay at a Sleep Inn again, this was our first time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SjamisOn2013
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to priovide the feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel knowing that they were going through a remodel. But, our room was not finished or clean. The shower did not have enough water pressure to wash with, the bathroom floor and the shower had hair on them , the wood cabinet that contained the microwave and fridge was cover in paint spills and the paint job in the bathroom was never finished. I would not stay here again due to the poor cleaning. Also the bed was a cheap model that was hard as a rock.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed overnight with a friend after attending a South Carolina football game. We go to the hotel late, 12:30 AM and the parking lot was full. We were advised to park behind the hotel in a lot between this hotel and another. The lighting was not great and there were 2 people hanging out in the lot and I was concerned about leaving my car there. The receptionist was not wearing a uniform or nametag and the hotel is old. The bedspread had cigarette burns and the AC grill was missing. We had a short stay (less than 10 hours) so not the end of the world.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.