Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
HIExpress.com
US$149
US$141
  • Pool
All reviewsfort jacksonfront deskroom was cleanstaff was friendlyminute drivecomplimentary breakfastoutdoor poolwould definitely stay here againlong driveexcellent staystayed one nightoff the highwayfresh fruitthe breakfast areabreakfast staffgreat place to stayenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is a nice hotel just off the expressway in Columbia. The hotel was clean and neat as was my room. The AC was very noisy and there was some other distracting noise in the room that ended at 10:30PM (sounded like high velocity air in the ductwork). Breakfast was very standard fare. All in all a nice stay for one night. Internet worked fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank William M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is less than 1 year old. It is modern, clean, and bright. The room boasts a king size bed bed crisp white linens, a huge glassed in shower, quartz counter top with undermount sink. flat screen TV, modern desk with leather chair, free WiFi. It has everything you could want in a hotel.
A pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The fresh cookies upon arrival are such a nice touch and the Hotel staff was at the check in was exceptional and attentive to my business needs. I also enjoyed the whirlpool tub in my room a nice ending to a busy day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is one of the best in the Hilton chain. Angela the asst. GM is very nice and accommodating. Will definitely revisit this location again. Rooms are very clean and updated. There are a lot of choices for dining within minutes of this hotel. Jarret at the desk was also very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

In my opinion, the 5th floor hallway had an odor and the room we were assigned to had a strong odor, that seemed to be something like body odor mixed with a deodorant like febreze. I asked to see another room which was slightly better but still didn't have the pleasant fresh but not strong smell I am used to at all the other hampton inns I have stayed at before.
Perhaps it was just the luck that night and normally they are in better shape, but we opted to cancel the room and continue driving to Charlotte, NC despite it being 1am in the morning rather than sleep in the room. (was disappointing with both kids and already hauled up to the room).
The staff was pleasant and tried to help me by offering another room despite being pretty full that night, but that didn't make up for the problem with the odor in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Angela E, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I am so sorry that this is what you and your family experienced while here. This is not acceptable in any way and I have set up extra detail work for my team here that has been implemented immediately. Please let me know what I can do for you. I value your feedback as it helps us to improve wherever it is needed. Feel free to contact me at any time.