“One night only....A nice room.”

Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
Ranked #9 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A stop-over on the way home to Cleveland from Tampa. Easy check-in. Close parking. Did not get to use pool, as we checked in after pool closed (10pm). Room was clean. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker.

I don't like the pillows at Hampton, they crunch down so much, I need three to get any elevation! the covers are washed for each use though - and that is very nice.

I really prefer a shower hose over a shower head, but... It was clean and linen was like new.

Hot breakfast is great for me, not for my diabetic husband who hates cheese; most options are carb heavy and there is cheese in eggs. Attendant said they could not make them without cheese.

Close to highway and restaurant/highway exit choices.

I am so sad I lost my camera in their parking lot, no way to get back those memories of vacation.

Room Tip: Icemakers near stairwell on 5th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Angela E, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us here at Hampton Inn Columbia -NE. We appreciate your business and we are so pleased and delighted that you made our hotel your home away from home. We want you to experience true, genuine hospitality whenever your travels lead you in our direction. I’m sorry to hear about your lost camera, we will make sure to give our best effort to finding it for you.
Again thank you for staying with us and thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have never expwerienced the level of service provided by this hotel's staff. I travel a lot. This staff was excellent - they were friendly and knowledgeable. The staff made one feel at home and like one of the family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us, we are so glad to hear that your time spent with us was very much enjoyed. If there is ever anything we could have dont better or differently to make your stay even more enjoyable plaeas do not hesitate to let us know.
Again thank you for staying with us and thank you for your response.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Check In was weird. The guy behind the desk didn't speak great English and had some kind of computer issue and couldn't run my credit card. He actually wanted me to leave it with him overnite. There was no way that was about to happen. So I said I would come down in the morning and he kept asking me what time. I kept telling him about 10. Finally he gave me keys and I got the rest of my party and began making my way to the room when he flagged me down in front of my entire party asking for a credit card. Again!! It was so embarassing. I dutifully went back to the desk and let him run it again. Now I am just watching my statement like a hawk to make sure there aren't any double charges. I think it was really odd for a business to want me to leave my credit card with them overnight out of my sight. They already had it on file from booking my reservation in the first place plus my license. Breakfast was unremarkable. We were eating about 9:30 and it was super crowded. They weren't really restocking anything either. Pastries were stale. It was clean and adequate for the purpose of this trip though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Angela E, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Our guest's feedback is very important to us. It allows us to know if we are on track or if there is a need we are overlooking. We appreciate your business and we are so pleased and delighted that you made Hampton Inn Columbia -NE your home away from home. We want you to experience true, genuine hospitality whenever your travels lead you in our direction. There is never a time were it is necessary to leave behind your credit card at the desk. Although we do have to capture it in the hotel, so we have record that you wanted this particular card to be charged. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience. I will be bringing this to the attention of my team so that this does not happen again.
Again thank you for staying with us and thank you for your response.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Arrived about 9:30 pm, was greeted and check in with no problems. The parking lot was cleared of snow for the most part so had no problem parking. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable, got a good night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was crowded; the hotel served the usual things you'd expect at a chain hotel: yogurt, pastries, sausage, eggs, bananas etc. Breakfast attendant was polite.Overall, good stay, would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Our guest's feedback is very important to us. It allows us to know if we are on track or if there is a need we are overlooking. We appreciate your business and we are so pleased and delighted that you made Hampton Inn Columbia -NE your home away from home. We want you to experience true, genuine hospitality whenever your travels lead you in our direction. Again thank you for staying with us. and thank you for the great review

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stopped for one night while traveling on a family vacation. Chose the location because of proximity to the interstate. Excellent front desk employees facilitated check in and offered restaurant list and suggestions. The room was spotless and well maintained. The WiFi worked well. The breakfast buffet was attractive , plentiful , and tasty.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We are partial to Hampton Inns because they are clean, comfortable and consistent. But this one had a very noisy air conditioner, and we were in room 222 right next to the elevator, which was also noisy. So we didn't get the usual good night's rest.

Room Tip: Avoid room 222 (maybe room 22 on other floors, too). It's extra noisy because it's next to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

First let me apologize for your inconvenience, our guest representative should have changed your room if you were not satisfied. I will bring this issue to the attention of my team, and it will be addressed. Our guest's feedback is very important to us. It allows us to know if we are on track or if there is a need we are overlooking.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I arrived 1 1/2 hours before check in time. I went to my room since it was ready. The cleaning staff were still in the hallway working they greeted me, asked if I needed anything and said they would be in the hallway for a little while longer tending to other rooms. They even thanked me for choosing to stay at their hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Angela E, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Hampton Inn NE, Columbia SC. Thank you so much for the great review, our guest's feedback is very important to us. We want you to experience true, genuine hospitality whenever your travels lead you in our direction.
Again thank you for staying with us