“Fort Jackson Visit”

Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
NY
“Fort Jackson Visit”
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Was planning a short trip to pick up my son from Ft. Jackson after Basic Training; Family Day and Graduation. Picked this hotel for location; close to airport and close to Ft. Jackson. Reseached a bit online to only find BAD reviews of many peoples experiences at many hotels in the area. So, my choice was a shot in the dark. Afterall, we were only going to be at any hotel for a long weekend! We were very happy with our pick! Hotel is 20 minutes from the airport and 10 or less minutes from Ft. Jackson! The bonus was that the hotel, staff, amenities was great! We even arrived in time for a complimentary "buffet" of cheese& crackers, hot dogs and beer and other beverages! Perfect after travelling! Our room (The king/studio/study) was great! Clean and roomy! With a microwave, mini frige, kitchen cabinets and it's own sink! The pull out sofa sheets seemed a little iffy, so I called the desk and within 3 minutes - they changed those sheets without a flinch! I brought my laptop computer so the free internet access was a breese. The two mornings we were there they had complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby area. The continental included a "nuke an omlet" (aka; microwave). I HAVE to have my egg a day; SO that was perfect for me on the run! They even had an "on the run" breakfast bags of goodies. I'm not sure what was in it; but what a nice option! The hotel is situated where you have everything you'd need as far as stores and dining within walking or just 1 minute of driving. THE only MINOR thing I can share is that upon my (requested in advance) late checkout of 1:00 pm instead of 12:00pm; I had a knock at the door by housekeeping at 12:45pm. Maybe I was overstressed by getting us and 2 soldiers situated with their luggage (aka; laundry bags and sacks of items) but I thought it was annoying that they remained outside the door. The hotel on this Friday was virtually empty. So I didnt see the big push to get out. BUT; thats THE only irritation. Other than that; perfect. Highly recommend it.

• Liked — location to Ft. Jackson
  • Disliked — the push to leave when the hotel was NOT busy
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Seamomster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 February 2004

We stayed here on a Saturday night. The room was clean, the staff was friendly. They need a bigger sign indicating where they are because I drove past it on my way in. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Columbia hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/Southeast-Ft. Jackson
Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia / Northeast
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
#24 of 94 in Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - North

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area

Property: Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
Address: 1551 Barbara Dr, Columbia, SC 29223-6209
Region: United States > South Carolina > Columbia
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Family Hotel in Columbia
#8 Business Hotel in Columbia
#8 Romantic Hotel in Columbia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast Hotel Columbia