“Wish we had stopped earlier so we could enjoy the walk around the lake.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Johnsburg, Illinois
“Wish we had stopped earlier so we could enjoy the walk around the lake.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Through some special pricing, we were able to have a king size room, with a sleeper sofa, for under $100. The room was a nice size, had a king bed, sleeper sofa, coffee table, desk, large TV, large frig, microwave, and coffee maker. Clean and in good repair. The shower head was good. Wonderful selection at breakfast with fresh eggs, potatoes; waffles; hard boiled eggs; real oatmeal made in a big crock to keep it warm with an offer of raisins, brown sugar, and nuts for toppings; and then the usual cold cereal, muffins, donuts, bagels, toast. The only thing missing was meat of some sort - no bacon or sausage. We go in at dark, so didn't know until the next morning that out back was a nice lake with a walking path around it. May people were getting their exercise before breakfast, running around the lake.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Florence H,

We are so glad you chose to stay with us while traveling through. We know Columbia has many options and it means a lot to us that you stopped here! Although your stay was short, thank you for recognizing some of the items to which make us special! The oatmeal is a big hit, and something new Hampton initiated this year. We hope next time you will stop again!

Have fun traveling!

Mellisa A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome. The accommodations, room service, dining experience and friendly front desk service made my trip all the more enjoyable and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbia, SC. I stay at this hotel each time I'm visiting this area.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Welcome back Margie!

Thank you so much for such for taking a quick minute to fill out a review on our property. One of the best compliments one could give it so share your experience and to say you'll be back! I'm so glad the hotel & staff was able to make your stay perfect. We look forward to seeing you again soon in Columbia, SC!

Best wishes,

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Rooms a little small, but overall great value. Nice little park w lake and kids playground. Many eating places w shops nearby. Excellent staff. Cool outdoor veranda beside pool. Bring some bread for ducks on lake.

• Stayed August 2012
Hi DSSTAMPS,

We love the outdoor living room too, it is actually one of our favorite additions for our renovations last year. The TV and seating is great, but I'm looking forward to seeing guest enjoying a good book or football game by the fireplace! You should plan a trip for the fall... the trees around the lake usually grab those great colors too!

You're welcome back anytime! Thanks for the review!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

We had just stayed at a Hampton in North Carolina that was excellent. We had the same expectations for this one and it fell short. Pros: Hotel clean in the rooms and breakfast areas, standard breakfast well executed, and excellent internet rate. Cons: Greeted at the desk by a woman in a non-Hampton t-shirt (just not a professional feel), hotel allowed SMOKING and PETS (which the NC Hampton said was a policy that the entire hotel had to be NS and petfree but perhaps this hotel is owned differently???), housekeeping knocked on everyone's door way before check out time (we were awake but not sure everyone else on the floor was), and the layout of the breakfast room is such that if its busy you have to wait forever just to reach a spoon, insufficient seating in the breakfast area as well. We got a good deal for what we got but if I had a similar deal to stay at a Hampton or Marriott down the road a tad, I would. Right off 26 which is what we needed to connect to I95 the next morning anyway, so convenient.

Room Tip: ask for a NON SMOKING FLOOR is you don't like cigarettes. Even tho we were in a ns room the hal...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BoyntonMama
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear "Boynton Mama" ,

It is important for me to address a few of your concerns regarding our property, but first I very much would like to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the hotel. Both positive and negative reviews are important, I'm sure someone will benefit from your experience.

I'm glad you recognized that not only was the hotel clean in both the guest rooms and public areas, but for also acknowledging that although you experienced our perfect mix lobby on a busy morning that our breakfast hostess attacked with action!! These are all important for sure, however I do want you to know I've shared your other concerns from the review with the general manager and we will also deliver to our executive team.

Just as you, I expect the same experience at any Hampton hotel, that is why our brand is recognized & supported across the nation as a lighthouse brand. Hampton appreciates you for staying with our brand as you traveled throughout the Carolina's. Each time you check in I do hope the Hampton teams make you aware of our 100% satisfaction guarantee. No matter what, if for any reason you're not pleased with your stay then we do not expect you to pay! We love having you here and we want you to enjoy being here too!

Choosing to have smoking or pet friendly rooms is a choice each property is allowed to make. We only have 5 smoking rooms in the hotel and strive daily to not make the 5 rooms impact the other 107 non-smoking rooms we have. Smoking, regardless if permitted by the property or not, is always a challenging task to overcome. In the past we have discussed choosing to go100% non-smoking and we do have it planned to make the conversion. If you choose to come back, please make sure you ask if we have made this change & if not yet just simply request to be on a high floor.

"Hamptonality" is the energy or experience you feel while staying at a Hampton. Sometimes we take ours out of the box... by you mentioning the T-Shirt I know you must have stayed on one of our Crazy Friday's. We typically take a theme, related with something going on in the world, a holiday or sometimes just a crazy "national" holiday like Barbie's Birthday or National Smore's Day. If you stayed this past Friday, it was tribute to your favorite TV show day. It is just our way to play and engage with both our staff and guests. We have taken your review seriously and have made the choice to no longer participate in our crazy Friday program we implemented earlier this year, in effective today.

In your survey you stated you would rather drive a bit and stay at another hotel, this disappointments us because it is a goal for us to be everyone's FIRST choice in town! I invite you to give us another opportunity to showcase to you a hotel who's reputation typically exceeds itself and to truly engage in our award winning service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you plan to do so, it will be my pleasure to make sure your stay is excellent. Thank you again for your time and review, I hope to have the opportunity to make you our guest again soon.

Wishing you safe travels,

Canton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on the way home from vacation. Property and staff were awesome. Even upgraded me to a King Suite at no charge because of my wait to book a room the night before. It was not as close to I77 as the staff said it was, but it is what it is. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello Michael,

Wow, thanks for the great review! I'm glad you were able to experience one of our Suites... they are a kept secret in high demand around here. We typically say once you get to stay in one it's hard not to request it again!! Our hotel is a quick 8 mile drive to the city center of Columbia-not a bad commute depending on the time your heading downtown. I will make sure the front desk staff know what to say when asked about I-77. I usually will say we are a good 15-20 minute drive for I-77 depending on traffic and will recommend the northeast side of Columbia if proximity is what is key for the guest. However, if your looking for a great location and an area with a ton to offer our hotel is always the better choice!

I hope we have the chance to have you back to the hotel soon... and hey-ask for a suite... you may just be picked as our guest of the day and earn another free upgrade!!

Travel safe,

Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

We throughly enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn. Our family had 4 rooms for the weekend and have no complaints. This appears to be an older facility but you really can't tell. It is up to date and clean. The hotel was full or near full with families the weekend we were there and the staff handled it in stride. The breakfast staff did an excellent job of keeping the food supplied and cleaning up after the many children. I personally didn't care for the cheese omelets but that is a matter of taste. We enjoyed the walk to Lake Harbison. There are a couple of restaurants next door (one is Applebees) and the many many other restaurants a short drive away. Also, there is a convenient walkway under the highways to the Columbiana shopping center.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Jim,

Traveling with a large family can sometimes be stressful, but it sounds like the hotel & accommodations did your family well! Our area is great for families, we have shopping & plenty of restaurants and let's not forget about the Frankie's Fun Park! Nothing better than a healthy game of putt-putt or a go-kart race!

You're right, our property celebrated it's 15 anniversary actually this month! With this being said, our management company and staff strives to keep it fresh and sparkling! I am proud to also share not only are we ranked number #1 on Trip Advisor, but we are also ranked in the top 3% in the brand nation wide (#25 out of 1800). Needless to say, our team continues to work hard to be at the top!

Also, I actually wanted to thank you regarding the feedback about the omelets, it is important to hear. Hampton as a brand cares to know what our guests think and overall experiences of our products/services-nothing goes unheard! Hampton is always finding fun & innovative ways to keep things fresh...

Thank you so much for your detailed survey & I do hope to have the opportunity to be a destination for your family on the next round of vacation!!

Best wishes to you & your family,

Ormond Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I found this hotel on a dog-friendly web site. The hotel appears to be new and is very clean. The staff could not have been nicer or more friendly. At check-in we were greeted with freshly baked cookies. The room was large and clean. The beds, which were king size and comfortable, were made with freshly washed linens and duvet covers for each stay. The included breakfat contained a large assortment of hot and cold selections, including cook-your-own waffles and cooked eggs for bagles or whatever.

All in all, our stay could not have been any nicer and the price was reasonible.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank FLBigmac
Dear FL BigMac,

It is so great to hear you learned about our Pet Friendly hotel on a website. We recently made the decision this year, it only made sense for us here. Hampton is such a family friendly hotel, and who doesn't love our 4 legged members!

As a pet owner myself I know typically the pet friendly hotels are not always the place I'd rather be, and here your stay is backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee! It is important to all of our "pet loving families" to know it's not just you who will sleep good & enjoy your stay! From the pet depot to the walking trails or chasing ducks around the lake we haven't had a pooch complain yet!

I too love the aroma of the fresh baked cookies in the evening, it is very welcoming but I hope your pet enjoyed a biscuit too! Please know you're welcome back any time and we look forward to seeing you & yours!!

Safe traveling!