“Nice get away place”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 18 September 2012

As a teacher, sometimes I need to get away in order to complete massive paperwork tasks or to just rest and relax. A colleague and I chose this hotel because of the proximity to good restaurants and a restful atmosphere. This was our first experience with Hampton Inn. I doubt I will ever change my mind.
Our check in was quick and the ladies were very friendly and hospitable. Our room was extremely clean. I had stayed in other motels where things seemed spot cleaned, but this one had no dust anywhere!
We loved the generous breakfast and the lake where you could walk and especially a great quiet veranda to sit outside in the peace and finish grading those last essays.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Welcome to the Hampton Family scdawgfan63!!!

Hampton does a great job at creating an innovative and lighthouse brand and I'm so thankful you had the opportunity to experience it at its best! Our staff lives and breaths Hampton's ideologies and strives to diligently to glow with hamptonality!

We thank you for your commitment to education and hope to always be a part of your "refreshing get-a-ways"!! You & your colleagues are welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed on business for a couple of days during the week. Staff was great and checked with me several times to ensure all was well. Room was clean and functional. The free breakfast had a great selection and a waffle maker. There are endless places to eat within a 10 minute drive along with every kind of shopping you could want. The 0.6 mile walking trail around the lake is easy access from the hotel and makes for a relaxing end to your day. Could not ask for a better stay at a good rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Moonhole

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your busy schedule and taking the time out to share! Part of being successful in the hospitality industry is the ability to make people feel comfortable and and home. It's hard when guest like yourself who are required to travel on business and having to leave the comforts of home; but it is a goal of ours to make our Hampton a place looking forward to! So rather on your next visit you take the time to read a book by the fire, watch a game or show on TV lakeside, or simply enjoy a fresh baked cookie in your room we hope we are always a nice relaxing end to a busy day!

Hope to see you "home" soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was on a long and arduous (solo) road trip from Maine to Florida when I happened on Hampton Inn on the Lake in Columbia. I stayed there because it was one of only a few hotels to accept pets (note to hotel management: this is increasingly important to older travelers).

The hotel is situated on a lovely lake with a wonderful walking path around the lake. Rooms are immaculate, staff is friendly and helpful, noises kept to a minimum, beds extremely comfortable and sheets clean and fresh (meaning not old and worn).

Though there were other pets in the hotel at the time, I didn't hear any pet noise (including from my own dog). One of the peeves I sometimes have with "pet-friendly" hotels is that they group all the pet rooms in one area. Dogs can scent each other or recognize noises from the room next door, and this often leaves them restless through the night, disturbing the sleep of the pet owner. A hotel that's properly managed understands pets are generally quiet if not aggravated by other nearby pets, and separates pet rooms from each other. This was beautifully managed at this hotel.

I have one criticism. The parking lot was a mess. There were cigarette butts, used condoms, and other trash left lying around, and I had to dodge several on my way in and out of the hotel for walks with my dog. Tasteless. In a hotel of this high quality, someone should be cleaning the parking lot daily. I was there for two days and saw no improvement.

Other than that, I give this hotel a happy five stars recommendation!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Meredith J

Dear Meredith J,

First, let me just say thank you for taking the time for such a detailed review. We are glad you choose to stay with us and hope to have the opportunity again. We just went pet friendly this year (in April actually) and tried to think of everything when it came to our pet policy and procedures. I have actually shared your review and intake on being in a situation where you're "grouped" with other pet loving families! Our team focuses on keeping the hotel just as clean and comfortable, I'm glad you enjoyed the "clean & fresh" bed, that is actually what we call them!!

I do regret your comments you made about our parking lot however. Keeping public areas clean is an ongoing chore for sure! Our company actually has a best practice in place where the parking lot is walked 3-4 times a day to make sure our outside appearance also reflects the inside. Starting early in the morning from our breakfast hostess, to our manager on duty down to our closing house person. We will continue to work and focus on this so great guest like you don't have to experience the bad behavior of others. We appreciate your feedback, there is always an opportunity to be better tomorrow than today!

Welcome back anytime,

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed here along the way to myrtle beach. The reviews and the #1 hotel rating in Columbia is absolutely deserving. Great hospitality, and while there is easy access to shopping in the front vicinity, there is also a nice lake with biking trails in the back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Hello AmitB,

Wow, thank you so much for just an awesome compliment! We were so excited when we finally earned the #1 ranking in Columbia, SC this year and have worked just as hard to keep it! We know there are a lot of options in town (93 to be exact) and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope to have you back soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel is the absolute best! We have had several family reunions at this Hampton Inn over the years and always enjoy our stay. The rooms are comfortable, the pool, gym, sitting area and lounge are great places to gather. As a parent I always feel comfortable to allow my teens to hang out at the lake and park. This is a wonderful place to relax. The continental breakfast is wonderful!!! The staff are friendly, professional, and always eager to please!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

We appreciate groups like you! It was a pleasure hosting your group and we hope to have you back next year too! It's never to early to go ahead and get your group block on the books!

It means so much to me to hear our staff is always "eager to please". We continue to strive each day to make sure our staff is trained & sets goals to exceed our guest expectations-rather it is just to be there, or to make your day. It is one of our beliefs to always put forward a teamwork environment that provides a consistent service with a good attitude.

We hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This Hampton Inn was a stop for us on the way to Hilton Head. The hotel is very convenient to the highway (right at the exit) , but is in a very pretty setting. There is actually a good size lake with walking and biking trails right behind the hotel, and the hotel will lend you a 'cruiser type' bicycle to ride around the woods and lake ! Nice touch !
The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bathrooms were also clean and updated. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it looks fairly new. We had plenty of towels in our room, plus there is a microwave and small refrigerator in each room, which I used for our travel cooler contents.
The front desk staff is very friendly, and will recommend restaurants around the area, of which there are many to choose from. There is a hot breakfast in the morning for no charge, and it was good, however a bit crowded that morning (a Saturday morning in the summer is bound to be busy) and finding a seat was difficult.
I would definitely stay here again - a restful, comfortable stop for travelers heading on vacation !

Room Tip: Our room was on Floor 3 - very quiet. No road noise in this hotel - it's far enough from the hi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear mykidsmomcleveland,

I'm glad you found us on your way to Hilton Head, we actually have many families who have made our hotel stop part of their destination! We hope you will begin to do the same as you kick off your annual vacations. We appreciate you recognizing all the hard work and renovations we put into the property last year, we actually just celebrated our 15th anniversary of opening and earned our 30th perfect inspection from Hilton within a month of each other! We're proud to work here and even prouder you noticed how hard the staff works to keep it clean and welcoming.

Thank you for choosing to stay!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Just left this wonderful hotel! It was in a great location and the rooms were very comfortable. Loved the lake trail with loads of wildlife. Sitting out by the pool under the covered area was so relaxing. Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our stay there extra special. Great job:)

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you PJsMommy for taking the time to submit a review! It sounds like you had a great stay, and that makes us smile. :0) I have already printed out your review and pinned it up on our communication board for our staff. Our staff works hard to make sure each stay is the best it can be and they always love hearing they were able to deliver!

Welcome back anytime!