Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Staybridge.com
US$140
  • Breakfast included
1,014 results
All reviewswalking pathsmall lakenice walkingpet friendly hotelgreat hotelcolumbiana mallrestaurants and shoppingexcellent stayeasy accessdefinitely stay here againfront desk staffthe breakfast arealong drivesitting areawould highly recommend this hotelrooms are cleanfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great place to stay. Centrally located near the mall and available to many places to eat. Also, if there for business with the SCMA, only one exit away, less than 5 minutes from the center. Nice hotel, beds comfortable, clean and easy to find. Friendly staff and always willing to help in any way. Great facility!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hello MelindaM,

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us while visiting the SCMA last month. We are actually share a frontage road with the association, very simple to navigate to through the morning commute. We're so glad to have you and that your stay was all you had expected. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the new year!!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel is very pet friendly. There was no additional charge for my pet. The hotel has a park behind it that is fabulous. A path around a lake that is .65 mile and pet depots with bags in several spots along the path. Our puppy just loved it. Breakfast was much better than average. We would definitely stop here again when in this area. I had read that there were security issues and that many cars had been broken into in the past. We stayed on a Monday night and parked in the front lot near a light and did not have any problem. I read Tripadvisor first but unfortunately others didn't. Never leave anything visible in your car.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xmasangel
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dearest xmasangel,

Thank you so very much for allowing us the opportunity to host you and your family while traveling through Columbia, SC. We are so appreciative even with reading the most recent post about some struggles regarding the parking lot you acknowledge your stay was wonderful and safe. We were just as taken back by the random act of vandalism to several vehicles in our lot as our guest and have continued to address the issue each day to reconfirm the safety of our guest. It sounds like you noticed some of the new additions to breakfast-we're glad you enjoyed them. Continue to travel safe and we hope to have you back for a visit again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

First, let me say I am a loyal HiltonHonors member. I will go out of my way to stay at a Hampton Inn rather than a competitor's property. My family and I stayed at this property the first weekend of November, 2013. We have stayed here a couple of times before. There were little things that got it off to a questionable start - not being greeted as a HiltonHonors member, the room being a let down (double sized beds that looked silly with queen-sized headboards), very outdated, no batteries in the remote - like I said, little things.

The shock came with looking out the window on Saturday morning to see multiple police cars. Several cars were broken into. We immediately got dressed and sprinted downstairs to see if our vehicle was o.k. The answer to that was a resounding no. A window had been completely shattered - all for a $40 kids' dvd player. The police officers let us know this had happened before at this property.

I know that things like this happen. My problem is with the management and staff at this property. First, when we checked in no one offered a friendly reminder to secure your vehicles due to recurring break-ins and problems. Obviously, they knew there were issues. Second, when you check in you are asked for your vehicle make and model. How hard would it have been to look up our vehicle and let us know there was a problem? Third, management was no where to be found. There was one employee who cleaned up the shattered glass for us and offered a plastic bag and painters tape to cover the window. It was nice of them to do that but WHERE WAS MANAGEMENT? We ended up spending $250 to get the window replaced that morning before getting to the event we had gone to Columbia for. When we returned to the hotel that night, nothing - no phone message from management, no apologies for the inconvenience, no concern of any kind.
I am not one to cause a scene but I was thoroughly disgusted with their lack of concern. I started to say someone before leaving but thought I would wait until I got the email request to complete their customer survey. Guess what email never arrived for me to air my grievance? I think that the folks who consult TripAdvisor need to know about this property and the (lack of) management. How hard would it have been to show even a shred of concern?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Carolina9193

As a member of our management team we would like to first thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Columbia. It is with regret while reading your review we have not had the opportunity to speak with you direct about your experience. We do invite you to reach out to us so we may further assist you. Your experience is not typical of our property or staff. We are always looking for opportunities to be better today than yesterday and will take your review to heart while sharing with our staff. Please know our property will be undergoing room renovations starting January 4th, 2014.

To address the latter part of your review please believe the safety of our guest is most important to us. The Columbia PD has stated these acts were random, and not a regular occurrence for our property or area; we are very disappointed if any of our guest were led to believe anything other than this.

We have continued to work along side the Columbia PD throughout this entire process. The Columbia PD has insisted as a reminder, regardless of ones location, to please secure all items in the vehicle, park under/near security lights or cameras and above all stay safe. If any citizen would like to ask additional questions regarding the incidents please contact Lieutenant Yates at the Columbia PD.

However, due to the recent act of theft we have added additional exterior cameras and have partnered with the Columbia PD to increase patrol of the area to include the parking lot for auto theft. We have also posted a statement regarding security at our front desk from the Columbia PD with reminders to be safe during travel or the holidays.

Again, please feel free to reach out to a member of our management team direct regarding your stay or we welcome any future guest if you have additional questions or concerns to do so as well. We appreciate all of our guest and their loyalty and do hope to provide all of you with some security in knowing we do care about you and your stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We usually stay at Hampton Inns and expect a good experience. However, this particular Hampton Inn is one of the best - the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was inclusive - many more choices than usual.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sykescreeklady62,

We very much would like to thank you for your response regarding your most recent stay. It is delightful to know you recognized the efforts of our team to be the best. We are currently ranked as #2 in the state and strive each and every day to stay at the top. We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to show you our hospitality again soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I love this Hotel, but while staying there 6 cars were broken into and contents stolen. Several of the parking lot lights were not working that night and the criminals were able to hide in the dark. While this hotel is not responsible for what happens in their own parking lot - technically - when it does happen we associate the event with the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mellisa A, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Michael H,

First, we would like to thank you for your loyalty to the property and do hope we continue to have your support. We do wish however for the opportunity to speak with you direct about your past stay and would like to address any of your remaining concerns.

We do have security lights surrounding the property which are set to a light by a timer. I am not sure of the time in reference for the lights not being operable, however while reviewing security footage for hours along side of the Columbia PD we do know all of our lights were working during the time in question. The footage we had on hand has assisted the PD in further investigating the crimes.

Again, we do hope to continue building the loyalty with you and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.