We were in Columbia In June for a sports event and had hoped to book here but they were full, so we ended up at another hotel ( LaQuinta in another part of town...yuk!) but after first night at LaQuinta, went in search for this Hampton in hopes they now had a room...YEA!! they did..so we immediately booked for the rest of our stay. Hotel is not a super new one, but is very very well kept and has that resort high class feel when you walk inside. Very nice lobby with English Pub feel ( even has a British red phone box!), overlooking pool. The smell of fresh baked cookies is very inviting too. Front desk staff is very professional and friendly. Went up to room via sparkling clean elevator. Hallways very clean...it really feels like a resort hotel. Our room had a HUGE king bed with great new Hampton mattress and triple sheeted and fresh white cover on the fluffy duvet ( not down though). Lots of pillows..both feather & non-feather. New sofa...good lighting...Bathroom was immaculate, even though it does have solid surface counters and not the new granite that many new hotels are offering, but everything was clean , clean clean....felt like a squeaky clean Swiss hotel. The entire time we were there, we saw housekeeping staff cleaning everything....it was tip top!
While we were there, each evening we borrowed the bikes they have and rode around the lake. What a nice gesture...What a beautiful setting! It could not have been nicer. Hotel is located in a busy area but is tucked away from the busy street and cycling around the lake you would think you were at a resort...very peaceful, with people walking, and ducks and kids fishing...very nice!
We had to use the grab'ngo breakfast each morning, but the breakfast buffet looked very nice.
They also have a public computer off the lobby if you don't bring your own.
We hated to leave this hotel and would actually consider going there for a weekend get-a-way...it was that nice! We paid $95. AAA rate and can honestly say, we have stayed at 5-star hotels that cost more than twice that amount and that have not been any nicer.
Can't wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd