“As Good as it Gets!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“As Good as it Gets!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2006

We were in Columbia In June for a sports event and had hoped to book here but they were full, so we ended up at another hotel ( LaQuinta in another part of town...yuk!) but after first night at LaQuinta, went in search for this Hampton in hopes they now had a room...YEA!! they did..so we immediately booked for the rest of our stay. Hotel is not a super new one, but is very very well kept and has that resort high class feel when you walk inside. Very nice lobby with English Pub feel ( even has a British red phone box!), overlooking pool. The smell of fresh baked cookies is very inviting too. Front desk staff is very professional and friendly. Went up to room via sparkling clean elevator. Hallways very clean...it really feels like a resort hotel. Our room had a HUGE king bed with great new Hampton mattress and triple sheeted and fresh white cover on the fluffy duvet ( not down though). Lots of pillows..both feather & non-feather. New sofa...good lighting...Bathroom was immaculate, even though it does have solid surface counters and not the new granite that many new hotels are offering, but everything was clean , clean clean....felt like a squeaky clean Swiss hotel. The entire time we were there, we saw housekeeping staff cleaning everything....it was tip top!
While we were there, each evening we borrowed the bikes they have and rode around the lake. What a nice gesture...What a beautiful setting! It could not have been nicer. Hotel is located in a busy area but is tucked away from the busy street and cycling around the lake you would think you were at a resort...very peaceful, with people walking, and ducks and kids fishing...very nice!
We had to use the grab'ngo breakfast each morning, but the breakfast buffet looked very nice.
They also have a public computer off the lobby if you don't bring your own.
We hated to leave this hotel and would actually consider going there for a weekend get-a-way...it was that nice! We paid $95. AAA rate and can honestly say, we have stayed at 5-star hotels that cost more than twice that amount and that have not been any nicer.
Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank tripstakeus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2006

This is a beautiful hotel!!!!! We travel alot and sometimes are required to stay in Columbia for work! I will not go anywhere else except to this Hampton Inn!!!

I love it for many reasons! It is absolutely gorgeous! It has a lake behind it that makes my stay very relaxing. I like to run around the track on the lake! There is the best mall across the street from the hotel! It has alot of nice shops!

The hotel makes me feel safe as a female traveler. It has rooms that are inside the hotel and that is nice. The staff is extremely friendly and knows me everytime that I go there. They are so friendly and accommodating.

I cannot say enough how much I love the new beds. This hotel has the best beds I have ever slept in, including my own. The pictures on their website are old. They told me they are working on getting new ones taken of the hotel. They said they renovated the hotel and finished at the early part of this year.

It is extremely beautiful and very safe. I love it and wont stay anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank clemfan
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2006

We have stayed at Hampton Inns before and always found them to be pleasant, clean and comfortable. But this Hampton Inn beats them all. The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The beds were great...so much so we commented that it was just sad that the bed in a hotel was better than our bed at home! Beautiful linens and just loved the down-filled bed cover and small, firm pillows. The bathroom as very nice, especially the pulsating shower head. We have nothing to say against this place. Just hope that the next Hampton Inn we stay in has the same emmenities.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2005

I agree with everything said by the reviewer from Augusta. One other high point is that they serve a very nice free breakfast. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business