We stopped at this Holiday Inn as a halfway point between Orlando and central PA. The facility was easy to find off I-77, the parking lot was very well lit, but the parking spaces are very tight and narrow. The staff was polite and very easy to work with - probably the best feature of this property. The cost for 2 beds was your typical price - between $115-$125. We noticed that the facility had a security guard patrolling the main area, which was nice to know but at the same time made us wonder why it was necessary. This property, while seemingly well kept, appears to get a lot of usage - possibly by soldiers from the nearby military base. It has a laundry facility and pool, as well as a pantry to purchase snacks if needed. Our room on the third floor was very large and spacious to the point where it seemed to be missing furniture. There was a ceiling fan to help circulate the air, but there was no way to control the speed. The room was also equipped with a microwave and refridgerator. The bathroom also had a lot of space, but if it had a fan to remove the steam from the shower, it wasn't working. We did notice some cosmetic issues, and in terms of cleanliness and attention to detail my wife felt housekeeping could have done a better job overall. A towel rack was falling out of the wall, there were some heavy scratch marks and dings on the walls and doors, but we could look past that. The beds were very comfortable, but the breakfast is only open until 9:30 AM. Overall, a decent place for a quick overnight stop with a 7-11 gas station right across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Columbia hotel is surrounded by businesses and attractions. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Columbia-Fort Jackson, located 14 miles from Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) and 5 miles from the CLB Amtrak Station, puts you only minutes away from the major business and culture districts of Columbia, SC. Business travelers lodging in this Columbia hotel are less than five miles from the Vista and Five Points business districts as well as the State Capitol. You'll find our Columbia hotel is one of the closest accommodations to both Fort Jackson and the University of South Carolina. Both the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center and the hotel's three meeting rooms are available for you to host an event while traveling. The area offers a vibrant cultural life. You can check out the art galleries in Five Points or relax at Finlay Park in the Vista near our Columbia hotel. Downtown Columbia hosts multiple art shows, free concerts, and cultural events throughout the year. You'll also find the peaceful Riverfront Park ,as well as Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens within seven miles of the hotel. This Columbia hotel shows you true southern hospitality by offering amenities such as a 24-hour convenience store and an indoor, heated pool and whirlpool. You'll enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast bar and a 100% non-smoking hotel room when you stay at the Columbia, SC Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
- Holiday Inn Columbia
- Holiday Inn Express Columbia
- Columbia Holiday Inn