“Great Service”

Ranked #40 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Orlando, Florida
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am a loyal Marriott customer and travel often - I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Fairfield Inn - The front desk staff was always friendly and ready to answer questions. The hotel was very clean and housekeeping was also very friendly and attentive. I will stay again. Location is close to shopping and dining options.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
dear valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We love to hear it when a guest enjoys their experience. I will pass on to my guest care team your kind words, and please, come see us again real soon..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business just for one night. It is an older Fairfield Inn and needs updating somewhat. The indoor pool is right off the front desk so the smell of chlorine was strong and my first impression. The front desk clerk was on her cell phone with a personal call. It took a couple of moments for her to acknowledge me. Once she did she was nice and checked me in efficiently. My room is rather small but ok for one night. I would not recommended this hotel for a several night stay as there are several newer hotels nearby. Overall, the location is good as there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback for your stay. Come see us again soon
PIT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We usually stay in the Hyatt Place in Irmo, SC, (via Priceline), but haven't been able to score that hotel in the past year. Paid the full price for this hotel on our way to Hilton Head on 3-14-14, and it was sold out, so I could not get the price adjusted for a AAA or any other discount. Our room was a basic King room, and we asked and got one on the top floor away from the elevator. There was a huge soccer tournament in Columbia that weekend and there were four teams staying in the hotel that night. We heard a lot of running around but after 10PM we no longer heard the kids. We slept well. The room was very clean and had a great bed, nice sized flat screen tv, fridge, and a wonderful shower head with just the right amount of pressure. The towels were nice as well. The free breakfast in the AM was crowded with the soccer kids, but we managed to get a decent meal including scrambled eggs, a bagel, and sausage. The breakfast attendant was very nice and friendly. We also found the front desk young lady, Jessica, to be very helpful as was the Manager, who helped us find a restaurant close by - Carrabbas.

We had such a good experience that we booked this hotel at a discounted rate for our return trip on the 22nd of March, a Saturday night this time. We called ahead and Jessica gave us the same room, 407, which overlooks the parking lot. The next morning we were greeted warmly by Melvina, the breakfast attendant, who was quick to keep things fresh and the coffee urns filled. She is a remarkable young woman who works very hard with a very positive attitude.

We hope to return to this hotel within a year.

Room Tip: There is a lot of traffic noise on the front side, the odd numbered rooms, but because of the way th...
Green Features: I think its good. What more can I say. I don't like having to type 50 characters about it. Am I done yet?
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonbell F, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear InspectorMLG,

My name is Kartik Patel, Guest Care Manager of the Fairfield Inn NW / Harbison located in Columbia, SC. First I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know about your experience. Our guest comments and feedback are vital in our continuing efforts to improve services here at our hotel.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Fairfield Inns are my hotel of choice whenever I travel. I don't need a lot of frills, but I do like the Marriott family hotels for their quality of service. This hotel was no exception. It's simply a nice place to stay. Period.

The only downsides are that there is only one elevator serving the whole building, only one Ice Machine and the parking lot could be bigger. But I'd gladly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim-Sandy-22401
Dear Tim,

South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Checked in late like 10:30 pm , night clerk very friendly ,check-in a breeze > The room was clean on the 3rd floor , nice TV with an average bathroom --clean with good water pressure and pretty good shower head . The room also contained a small refrigerator and microwave . Stayed here before a while back--The beds this go around was not as good as before , too soft -think they were getting a little old kinda sunk in the middle, the only way I could get rest was to sleep on my side . The morning was better with a much better breakfast than before --it contain items like eggs,sausage,cereal (Kellogs the best brand to me), fruit , juice and waffle Breakfast staff attentive ---One of the better hot breakfast bars . Overall improved from our last stay in 2010 except for the beds-they need replacing , other than that a nice stay and would stay again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank steelers_jody
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Pretty typical for a Fairfield Inn. Located in a very busy commercial area just off I-26 with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. They have an indoor pool, which is unusual and a small fitness center. It probably rates three and a half stars, but not four, in my opinion. The breakfast (free) included hot scrambled eggs and sausage patties in addition to various cereals and bread products. Free parking of course and free high speed internet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob S
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking your valuable time to provide us with your feedback. We hope you can return and see us again soon.
Summerfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for one night when bring the kids to the Riverbanks zoo. The pool was nice (wish they had a hot tub). We slept in (Great beds and black out curtains) and missed the breakfast but we grabbed some yogurts from the mini fridge in the breakfast area.
The hotel was clean and well maintained. There are restaurants withing walking distance (we drove because it was a cold night). We would stay here again if were where in the area.
Also the rooms are very sound proof.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Abycats
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to provide us with your feedback. Our interior pool is one of our guest favorite amenities, especially during the cold season. We are getting ready to create a ZOO Package for the spring season, that will include tickets in the purchase price of one of our beautiful newly renovated rooms. I will share your feedback with my entire team, they love to hear how much people have enjoyed their stay. Hope you all can come visit us again real soon, and Thank You again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
TownePlace Suites Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#29 of 94 in Columbia
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison

Been to Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison? Share your experiences!