Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Ranked #31 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just a short business trip to Columbia, South Carolina. The hotel in Columbia was clean and typical for a Fairfield Inn. No complaints. Breakfast was good. I didn't have any issues during my stay, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jonbell F, Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Jordan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor for Fairfield Inn Columbia NW/Harbison. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison was enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently while passing through Columbia, and we were somewhat disappointed. When we arrived, there was only one person on duty, and she was on the phone. We were tired and ready to relax, however the phone call lasted longer and longer. The hotel was clean, however the bed linens do not seem up to that of other Fairfields that I have visited recently. Our fitted sheet would not stay on the mattress, and my night's rest was just ok. I am a platinum rewards member which usually merits some comment, but not that night

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonbell F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Barry,

Thank you for taking the time and, sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

A beautifully kept Inn with pleasant staff, nice complimentary breakfast and comfy beds. I would give this place an excellent rating except for one major drawback. The air freshener, or cleaning solution, or chemical used in the vacuums leave an insidious smell which triggered asthma symptoms. Anyone with respiratory issues beware, you are in for an uncomfortable night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonbell F, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear LU,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our Fairfield Inn and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

So i traveled from Columbus ga to meet my boyfriend halfway between ga and va and ... columbia south carolina is where we decided! I've always been a fan of Marriotts and this one def was a great investment since it was so last min ! The location is great ( I love shopping) the staff was very accommodating to my family . Any time we meet again we definitely Will be staying here again! !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jonbell F, Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Alexandria,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor for our Hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison was enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Usually when we go to Columbia (2 or 3 times a year) we stay at the Fairfield on Columbiana Dr.
We arrived Saturday May 10 at 12:45 and was told no rooms available as they had sold out the previous night, which was not a problem as we had a shower to attend and could check in later. The problem was too fold, first I was told they didn't know when the rooms would be ready, could be 3, 3:30, 4 o'clock just don't know "hon". That is the second problem at 68 years of age I do not appreciate that much familiarity with someone I don't know. I felt disrespected to be called hon and baby. I noticed a difference in the attitudes of the employees from previous stays, seemed angry or unhappy. The Wingate up the road is pleasant enough and we have stayed there and will probably do so again. The Breakfast was ok, not as warm as I would like it and no biscuits only muffins and bagels.

Room Tip: Get a back side room somewhat less street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am a loyal Marriott customer and travel often - I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Fairfield Inn - The front desk staff was always friendly and ready to answer questions. The hotel was very clean and housekeeping was also very friendly and attentive. I will stay again. Location is close to shopping and dining options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

dear valued Guest, Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We love to hear it when a guest enjoys their experience. I will pass on to my guest care team your kind words, and please, come see us again real soon..

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on business just for one night. It is an older Fairfield Inn and needs updating somewhat. The indoor pool is right off the front desk so the smell of chlorine was strong and my first impression. The front desk clerk was on her cell phone with a personal call. It took a couple of moments for her to acknowledge me. Once she did she was nice and checked me in efficiently. My room is rather small but ok for one night. I would not recommended this hotel for a several night stay as there are several newer hotels nearby. Overall, the location is good as there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jonbell F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback for your stay. Come see us again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
TownePlace Suites Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#30 of 94 in Columbia
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Hyatt Place Columbia

Been to Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison? Share your experiences!