“Poor Customer Service = Dissapointing Stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison

Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Ranked #41 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Orlando, Florida
“Poor Customer Service = Dissapointing Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

First I had to talk to someone about adjusting my rate because I was staying on business with the Federal government. On the day I checked in I was told, "You will have to talk to the manager but he's not here now. He should be here in the morning." Because I was off to work early I called twice during the day, left voicemails and received no response. Later that day when I returned to the hotel I asked for the manager and had to wait standing at the counter for several minutes until he came out from the back room. After hearing my situation, which also affected 2 other guests, I was told he had to contact corporate to find out if there was anything he could do about it. He would let me know tomorrow. I immediately saw this as a stalling tactic lie but gave him the benefit of the doubt. The next day, I was told that he contacted corporate and was waiting to hear back from them. (another stalling tactic) On the following day, the manager told me there was nothing he could do to adjust the rate. (really?) I told him that is unfortunate because it would be a shame for him to loose the business generated by my company and others working in the area regularly. At this point I decided that I would not be staying there anymore but to add insult to injury... On the last morning of my stay I was given a copy of my bill and when I didn't recognize an additional $2 charge on it I inquired at the desk at about 9:45am. I was told it was for a drink purchased at their lobby market. When I told them that I did not purchase anything from their market and wanted it removed from my bill, guess what I was told. "You will have to talk to the manager but he's not here now." On top of that, the person behind the desk said, "He should have been here by now so I don't know when he will be in." I was offered no other avenue for reconciliation so having to catch my flight, I left and ate the 2 bucks. That was the nail in the coffin of my decision to never stay at this hotel again and to seek customer satisfaction from Marriot directly. We will see how this goes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Swann C
Jonbell F, Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aiken, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel and we were definitely not impressed. Lots of little things that add up to a place we will not go to again or recommend to others.

1) We were asked our business in town - why we were staying there! The clerk said that they had to ask this. This is completely unacceptable behavior that has no justification. Either the clerk or the manager is out of line.
2) We are platinum members using reward points but were told that we would have a $20 hold put on our card. I understand the need for a card and $20 is not an issue, but to put a hold on it is ridiculous. Somehow the other Marriotts I have stayed in manage to avoid this.
3) As others have noted, the hotel has a pervasive chemical smell. Not horrible but bothersome
4) As is becoming more typical, the breakfast is lacking in fruit or other healthy choices. I don't expect a feast, but other Fairfields have been better.

All in all, one of poorer Marriotts I have ever seen. Not going back.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jeff G
Jonbell F, Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and, sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I apologize on me, and my staff's behalf for asking your business in town.
Conway, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice hotel with no complaints - very clean. Well located within walking distance to eateries and next to a mall. It is off of I-26 so it makes getting back on the road easy - although a few blocks off so you certainly don't experience any road noise.

We stayed on a Friday night with plans to leave early the next morning. It wasn't till after check-in I realized that the breakfast started later (7 or 730) on the weekend. They were kind enough to unlock the juice, cereal, milk, and muffins early for us (about 6am) and kept us on our schedule.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonbell F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor for Fairfield Inn Columbia NW/Harbison. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison was enjoyable.

Mason, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just a short business trip to Columbia, South Carolina. The hotel in Columbia was clean and typical for a Fairfield Inn. No complaints. Breakfast was good. I didn't have any issues during my stay, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonbell F, Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Jordan,

Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently while passing through Columbia, and we were somewhat disappointed. When we arrived, there was only one person on duty, and she was on the phone. We were tired and ready to relax, however the phone call lasted longer and longer. The hotel was clean, however the bed linens do not seem up to that of other Fairfields that I have visited recently. Our fitted sheet would not stay on the mattress, and my night's rest was just ok. I am a platinum rewards member which usually merits some comment, but not that night

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonbell F, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Barry,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

A beautifully kept Inn with pleasant staff, nice complimentary breakfast and comfy beds. I would give this place an excellent rating except for one major drawback. The air freshener, or cleaning solution, or chemical used in the vacuums leave an insidious smell which triggered asthma symptoms. Anyone with respiratory issues beware, you are in for an uncomfortable night.

Green Features: It is not environmentally-friendly to use chemicals that affect the air quality.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonbell F, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear LU,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our Fairfield Inn and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

So i traveled from Columbus ga to meet my boyfriend halfway between ga and va and ... columbia south carolina is where we decided! I've always been a fan of Marriotts and this one def was a great investment since it was so last min ! The location is great ( I love shopping) the staff was very accommodating to my family . Any time we meet again we definitely Will be staying here again! !

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jonbell F, Manager at Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Alexandria,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor for our Hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison was enjoyable.

gcm.fficolumbia@sree.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
Holiday Inn Express Columbia I-26 at Harbison Boulevard
TownePlace Suites Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
Comfort Suites at Harbison
#30 of 94 in Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Harbison
Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison

Been to Fairfield Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison? Share your experiences!