Extended Stay America - Columbia - West
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbed was comfortablezoocleanlinessdowntownhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2013

There was a few problems like bad cable and a little noise. But it is a hotel and bound to have a few problems. The staff was friendly and did everything to make me feel at home! I would come and stay again and most of extended stays are reasonable in price. It is way nicer than most of the long term rental hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

The staff and I want to thank you for your comments about your stay. We do apologize for the cable and noise issues, but are so glad you felt at home at our hotel. We will be re-checking all of our cable connections to ensure that this is issue is not repeated in the future.

Please feel free to contact us at anytime at cwt@extenedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us in the future

Reviewed 9 August 2013

When I checked in they said that they didn't have my reservation and that the double rooms were all booked so we were put in separate rooms...Ok BUT...when I got to my room it was infested with fleas and when I changed rooms not only did the next room have fleas as well but had mouse or rat dropping in the bathtub...DON'T STAY HERE

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Buzz745
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your rooms. In response to this feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, we have completed a thorough deep clean of your rooms since your departure to ensure guests in the future are not affected by this issue.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at cwt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

This place was unclean. I will never stay there again. I believe that the staff wears too many hats and need more assistance so that they can better serve their customers. The laundry room needs to be updated and cleaned. I can not understand how they want people to wash their clothes in those dirty machines. Also the room I stayed in had bugs because of the panel on the bottom of the door was broken so they were able to come in. Nasty! I stayed in an extended stay before and it was much cleaner. I hope they get it together...............SOON!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is completely clean. All the appliances especially!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you were not happy with your stay. Please accept my apologies. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will use it as a training opportunity to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at cwt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Great value, the staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, and most open onto the balcony, instead of a hallway, which is nice. You can open the window and be exposed to a little sunshine when the weather is nice.
The rooms are a little small, definitely not meant for a bigger group but probably OK for a couple. It worked well for me since I am usually alone or with one other person.
The kitchen area is nice to have, along with the stove, microwave and large fridge. Its almost like a small apartment.

I was concerned to stay there at first because it is close to the interstate, but it is actually much quieter there than the other extended stay I stayed at on the other side of greystone.

Other than a fire alarm check, the place stayed pretty quiet which is excellent for a midnight shifter. All in all, definitely a great value and I will be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank REBECCA H
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The cleanliness of the room was immaculate, which is by far the most important thing to me. This allowed for a pleasnt stay and a great night sleep on the exceptionally comfortable beds. The employee at the front desk was courteous, professional, and really well mannered which streamlined the check in process. The amenities were perfect and unbelievable for the price. We were able to cook a hearty meal which is great when you are on the road. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple