See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My mom and I stay overnight. Once we arrived in room 306 the smoke detector wasn't working microwave was filthy. A hole in the bathroom door. Tub wasn't cleaned. The furniture drawers were broken and had water damage needs to be replaced and the top stove was filthy as well. I'm attaching a photo of the stove top. Should have taken more

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. Our management team has been made aware of your concerns, and we will certainly be following up with our housekeeping supervisor as well as our entire cleaning staff. Additionally, we appreciate you bringing the maintenance issues to our attention. It is always our goal to have everything functioning properly as soon as we are made aware of an issue, so we thank you for letting us know. Thank you again for being our guest, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

If i could give no ratings i would. The people don’t clean so don’t expect fresh towels. They have roaches and there was a crack in my room door i could literallly see outside. It was super noisy because of the traffic and very uncomfortable, unclean hotel. Horrible place to stay, the hotel doesn’t even have s sign and there are stray cats everywhere outside

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Shakeia, please accept our sincerest apologies for the difficulties you experienced during your stay and regret the inconvenience it caused. We can assure you that your feedback will be shared with the appropriate team members, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a more wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you all with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I checked into the hotel for an education conference downtown and was actually surprised by how nice it looked--boy, was I wrong! Upon entering my room, I found my toilet was full of pee AND could not be flushed, the drawers of the nightstand was filled with roaches, both dead and alive and my refrigerator did not work. A Fire Marshall would have had a field day with doors being tied shut at night, a fire extinguisher that was out of date, and a smoke detector with no battery. On top of all of that I highly doubt the room was cleaned before my stay. I found a condom wrapper beside the bed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I’d like to first start with the positive. Da’Chaun at the front desk was wonderful! He made me want to stay at the establishment. He was polite, knowledgeable and friendly. When I looked at the room in the daylight, it was ok even though the toilet didn’t work. I told Da’Chaun about it on my way out and he immediately went to see how he could fix it. Unfortunately, when I returned to the room after 11... it was a whole different story! When I turned on the lights, there were so many roaches in the room! They were everywhere! On the ceiling, the walls, behind the curtain and in the bed! We couldn’t possibly stay there. When I called the front desk I didn’t get an answer, so my family and I left. I called back the next morning to check out and Kozet was extremely helpful, she refunded the remainder of our stay and was apologetic. There is wonderful customer service here and I believe the two employees mentioned deserve a raise... however the hotel itself needs to be fumigated!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Aneisha, we apologize and regret the inconvenience caused due to the cleanliness issues you encountered in your room. We have checklists in place to inspect every suite after it has been serviced. We are working with our housekeeping and pest control teams to reiterate the importance of our daily checklists to ensure this isn't repeated. Please give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience on your next stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I just want to sing the praises of Kozat and Shannon and this hotel!!!! First of all,go a GREAT Priceline deal!! On Saturday,July 21st,I traveled to Columbia for a reunion with a friend I hadn't seen in a LOOOOONNNGG time!! When I arrived,I became aware that my stellar Priceline deal had a snag. But Kozat and Shannon worked at it until they got it all straightened out!! The room was clean and spacious,and the grab and go breakfast was just the right thing,as we were doing a lot of driving!! I had an amazing time with my friends,and a great night's sleep!! THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU,KOZAT AND SHANNON!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America while you were here for the reunion. We’re thrilled to know you found us to be a great value and that the service you received from Kozat and Shannon went a long way in making your stay so memorable. Reviews like yours mean the world to our associates, and we will share your compliments with them. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you to stay with us again the next time you visit Columbia.