“The service was great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“The service was great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed at your hotel back in Jan 11, 2010. I know it has been a while gut due to my medical conition and not knowning about this site I didn't leave a review...I must say this hotel made me feel at home the service was great and the staff for evening around 3:00 p.m. was the best..My husband flew in from Saudi Arabia for medical reason and it was our anniversary. I came there to see the room with Jacuzzi and when we arrive the room was decorated with everything and more...The customer service was great as well...I would recommend everybody to come there keep up the good work....Oh i had to put August but it was really Jan 11, 2010....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tricy105

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

This was a pit stop for us as we were traveling from OH to FL. Marriott and especially their Courtyard brand has a reputation for excellence so I didn't even bother to look at reviews for this property. Boy, was I wrong!! First off, we were traveling with two small children (2yrs and 4yrs). Therefore, staying at a clean hotel is essential because they kids are all over the floor. I paid for up upgraded suite that included breakfast (with a whirlpool tub for the kids to help bath time be more exciting). We were in room 137 and it was TERRIBLE. First, off it is hard to get over the MILDEW smell as we are walking in. There were two dead bugs in the bathroom. I am not one to complain so I thought maybe we could just air out the room a little....no luck there the screen in the room has 100 holes in. So unless we wanted a bug infested room too, I decided not to open the window. My husband went down to the front desk to ask if they could just move us to another room. We were told that they were booked and we couldn't move to another room. We pulled the bedsheets back and there were two brown spots on the white sheets. They weren't on our pillows so we just made the best of it. In the morning, my husband went down to ask the front desk about our breakfast which was included. The woman at the front desk told us we didn't pay for the breakfast with our booking on expedia. She said "we don't offer the breakfast on expedia anymore." She proceeded to give my husband the breakfast tickets reluctantly as he insisted we did. At the bottom this review, I cut/pasted from my Expedia itinerary were it states breakfast was included!! At check-in, I asked the attendant if she knew of any playgrounds nearby were my kids could play (since we had been in the car for 9 hours)? After a long pause, she said..."no". She didn't offer any suggestions either. I know the Courtyard likes to cater to the business professional customer but they need to step up their customer service. Bottom line is this, DO NOT STAY HERE. The hotel is gross. It is located just a few miles from a correctional facility and mental hospital (just FYI).

Traveler and cost summary Expedia Special Rate
(where applicable): $10.57 per night
Amount charged for hotel reservation $99.82

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelgruru8810
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always appreciate feedback and take our guests' comments very seriously. I regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The smell in your room has been addressed. The problem arises from when people do not fill the spa tub high enough. When the guests would turn on the jets, water would shoot onto the carpet. We've since mounted a sign that sits on the spa reminding people to make sure the water is up to the "fill" line before operating. Also, we have taken the screen out from the window and inspected it. The screen only had one hole about the size of a pencil. We will be replacing the screen. Too, we have spoken with our front desk agents regarding Expedia reservations and local information to make sure they are up-to-date on proper proccedures. In the future, please take the time to speak with a manager or front desk agent regarding any issues. We strive towards excellent customer service and cannot improve on issues that are not brought to our attention. Thank you again for your feedback. Your comments will help us to improve and make a greater experience for all guests. I would like to invite you at this time to a complimentary night stay at the hotel. Please contact me at Katie.johnson@fowlerhospitality.com and I will be happy to get your mailing address to send you the voucher. We hope to have you stay with us again so that can see for yourself the improvements we have made.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Everyone was nice, front desk to cook. They all made you feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Russel D E
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

The room was nice but the water was luke warm and the heat did not heat up until 10am. Besides those two things the hotel was nice and the staff was very pleasant especially the night auditor who worked 13 Feb 2011.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roadrunnerbella
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We always appreciate feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you had problems with your heat and with the water being lukewarm. I know it frustrating to be away from home and to not have hot water for your shower or a nice warm room. Please let us know immediately next time, and we will be sure to take care of the problem right away! Thanks for your kind words regarding the night auditor. We take great pride in our hardworking staff, and I will be sure to pass on your comment.
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I found this hotel on Priceline at the last minute when booking a trip for one night so my fiance could have an interview at a nearby college. We checked in a little early and they already had a room ready for us. I booked a room with a king sized bed and it also included a small couch which I believe pulled out into a day bed, a mini fridge, desk, free wifi which we used and had no problem streaming video from our home computer to our laptop onto the television. I was also pleased with the toiletries provided for the bathroom, besides the usual lotions and soap they also had make up remover wipes, which after a long day in a car coming from New Jersey was a real relief!! The entire room was spotless and also included a balcony, but not much of a view. The pool was outdoors so we couldn't use it, being November. But there was an indoor spa. Didn't hear any outside noise and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were also able to have pizza delivered right to our door by a nearby pizzeria. All in all, we had a wonderful stay and even made sure to tell the staff at the front desk. My family usually stays at Comfort Inns when taking quick trips, but we already booked another stay for this same Courtyard Marriot in 2 weeks so we can go look at apartments in our area. The price was right and we just couldn't see chancing it and trying somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanapunk
rancho palos verdes, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

Hotel was clean and in good condition, beds super comfy and plenty of pillows, staff was very nice. Easy access to freeways. Easy to get to Ft. Jackson as well as downtown restaurants. Few restaurant within walking distance, but if you're going to BCT graduation, you'll probably be eating on base with your soldier. Breakfast buffet had excellent bacon..best I've ever had. TV cable went out while we were there due to a lighting strike on the box serving the entire street, but they were working on it when we left.
Tip..when looking for the hotel, turn at the hospital ER entrance. There is no streetsign visible saying "Gateway Corporate Blvd", and the hotel sign is hard to see from the main street. It looks like you're pulling into the hospital, but you're just turning onto the street that the hospital and hotel are on.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank armytraveler_10
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel one night because I was attending a conference in the area. I would definitely stay there again if I am ever in the area. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was AWESOME! The entire experience was great! I hated to leave!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DAndrea25
fowler62, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 24 August 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you in the future!