“New, Nice, Convienent, and Good Price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77

Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77
Ranked #34 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Johnson City, Tennessee
“New, Nice, Convienent, and Good Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Daughter visiting boyfriend at Fort Jackson. This was a nice hotel, reasonable price, safe and very convienent. Felt good knowing she was safe and in a nice place. Did not eat breakfast so cannot comment. Offer specials for military. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you so much for the great review. We hope to see you or your daughter soon!
\

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I have stayed at several Courtyard Marriots before and I've never been dissappointed. I stayed here over night for a family reunion and enjoyed my visit once again!
The lobby and dining area was decorated very nicely with lots of cushioned arm chairs available. There is even a lounge area with a big screen tv that had the recent ball games going on. The business center consists of only a cubical in the lounge area so there is not much privacy if thats what you need.
The front desk person (Matthew) was very friendly and helpful and answered all my questions. My 3rd floor room was very comfortable and neat with housekeeping displaying my favorite York peppermints patties on my bed pillow. : ) The king size beds are always the most comfortable with many pillows and the temperature of the room was steady. The only mistake I found was a used coffee filter left in the coffee maker. I loved the flat screen HD tv and the microwave/friig ammenities to use. My room was very quiet other than the people who stayed next door and kept going in and out of their room slamming the door until 1 am.
The breakfast buffet had lots of choices and was delicious. I was kind of surprised though when I was offered a plastic plate/fork/knife to eat with as appose to real dishes and flatware at the Courtyard Hickory in NC. Courtyard Marriot is my go-to hotel and I got a great rate on Expedia for the night!

Room Tip: Always book a room above the first floor and away from ice machines/elevators to get the most quiet...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mamawatta
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough and nice review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your comments to Matt and the housekeeping staff for a job well done. On a side note, we have reminded housekeeping to check coffee pots daily for leftover grinds. Just wanted to pass this along. Thanks again. Please visit us soon!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Upon check-in, the front desk person, "Patrick" could not have been nicer!!! He answered all of my questions as I did not know much about the hotel since it was made for a corporate group and I did not make it personally. I was disappointed to hear there was no onsite restaurant, but "Patrick" made sure that I had a listing of delivery restaurants and gave some great tips. Our large group ended up socializing down in the lobby after dinner, and again, "Patrick" made sure to offer us glasses, assist in keeping the area tidy and generally making sure we had a great time. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but the staff is what makes the place stand out!

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank 970Sue
Thank you very much for your kind comments! I have passed on your positive comments to Patrick for a job well done. Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I just loved the beds! I slept so well and shall return!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank TheTruthHasBeenTold
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return!
Hamilton, Ont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

This actually was our third stay at this Hotel which is located close to I-77. The rooms are very nice and large and although this is located next to a hospital we have always found it to be very quiet.
The breakfast is still the old style Courtyard Buffet and it is of a higher quality and the service is excellent. We have always found the staff to be very accommodating and pleasant and the rom cost very competitive. Seems like a welcoming place to stop on the road.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Starsky13
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

The manager and staff went out of their way to give me exceptional service. The room was comfortable, enjoyable and very clean, but it was the extra attention of staff that made a good hotel wonderful. I will come back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cordial1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed here for 1 night on our way to Hilton Head. Had 3 rooms due to size of family (5 adults, 5 kids and 1 infant) and each room was very nice, clean and comfortable.

Evening desk clerk (I wish I knew his name) he was very friendly, kind and helpful, even with working 13 days straight. Just a very pleasant person.

Requested a portacrib in 1 room and a rollaway in another when I made the reservation and both were there when we checked in. They even had a portacrib sheet and small baby blanket with the portacrib.

Had the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and it was great! The staff was so pleasant and helpful, especially to the 5 kids in our party.

Would definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family