“Enjoyed our Stay !!”

Ranked #36 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Moseley, Virginia
“Enjoyed our Stay !!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed two nights in 2 rooms side by side with Hubby and 2 almost grown sons! Were visiting family in the area for a high school graduation. Arrived around dinnertime on Friday evening. Nice rooms with plenty of space. Clean and bright, no complaints here. The hallways were very warm while waiting for the elevator to go to the lobby. Continental breakfast service was very convenient and more than adequate. enjoyed our stay and would return anytime!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear MYNATIVEBBB,

We are so appreciative of you taking the time to share with us your honest opinion of your recent stay! It has been proven that future guests love to hear what our previous guests are saying about our beautiful accommodations and top notch customer service!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay and hope that you and your family will return and make us your #1 hotel choice when staying in Columbia!

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I77 and we hope that we can welcome you back soon! Until then, take care.

erin.thomson@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall, the property is well located right off of the interstate and close to a Cracker Barrel and a couple of other restaurants. It was a long drive from Savannah after working all day. I was looking forward to a nice adult beverage and the Hummus plate offered in the Bistro, not realizing that the lobby wasn't updated. I made do with a bottle of water and some snacks 'cause I didn't feel like getting back in the car. In retrospect, I should have paid more attention to the description when I booked because Marriott typically shows which lobby's have been updated. I wasn't paying attention...

However, I was VERY pleasantly surprised that my room was updated. So if it came down to updating the lobby into the Bistro or updating the rooms, I'm glad that you chose to update the rooms! There is something about the bedding that is magical and I sleep like a baby each time... the mints left by housekeeping was a nice touch. The front desk staff was helpful and cheerful.

I'll return as it made my subsequent drive to Charlotte pretty easy from there rather than pushing to get there the previous night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Glassgal,

We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and we hope all is well in Beaufort!

We remain 100% committed to providing the utmost in customer service excellence, I am so happy to hear that this is exactly what you experienced when staying with us! We also love our Marriott bedding and the comfort it provides our guests to make you feel at home!

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77 and I hope that we will see you again soon!

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

As a Platinum Elite member I have had the opportunity to experience numerous Courtyard Hotels. This Columbia location is truly behind the curve and management is not the least bit interested in evolving.
1. No Bistro? Hotel has not been remodeled yet (this included rooms and lobby) What are they waiting for?
2. Wall A/C w/out a thermostat. This means either you leave it on all night or turn it off, either way it makes for a less than average experience.
3. A/C did not work well, and emitted out an unpleasant smell. This was confirmed by a front desk associate who came up to bring some air freshener. There were no additional rooms available.
4. Day 1, I returned to the room and it was not cleaned. After calling downstairs to have this corrected while I went out for Dinner, I was informed that Cleaning staff was not available and my room would not be attended to, till the following day. Really? Front Desk staff could not handle? Where is the initiative...? I’m sure front staff could have taken out the trash, brought towels and made the bed, but they did not offer or handle.
5. No this is petty, but I enjoy water in the workout facility. This is the first I have come across w/out a water dispenser in the Gym. Little things do matter though.

I have not received a call from management, I have however filled out the courtesy card in the room and now this. Needless to say the visit did not live up to my past experiences with Courtyards..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank ggarz
Erin T, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Good morning ggarz,

I hope all is well in Texas today and you are able to stay cool! I am extremely saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your overall stay. Our main goal is 100% guest satisfaction, and I can see we did not acheive this with your stay.

In regards to our rooms, we actually completed a renovation less than a year ago, and are very proud of the beautiful outcome! During the hot, humid summers here in the south, sometimes air conditioners do have to work a little harder, and I apologize for any inconvenience the noise from it may have caused. We have our engineer looking into it to make sure no further issues arise from it.

I am sorry that we are not able to offer water in the workout facility, but we do have two water fountains directly outside of it for our guests' enjoyment. We know after a great workout hydration is key!

Ggraz, Again I am extremely sorry for the circumstances surrounding your stay, but I am glad that our General Manager has been in contact with you to come to a personal service resolution. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to show you our commitment to guest service excellence. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I77

Weddington, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great Job by the staff! The family had two rooms for family. The rooms were very clean rooms! Great Breakfast! Very nice place to stay! It was actually a well done suites, with a full kitchen with granite counter tops and a living room with a bog flat screen TV.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mike D,

We are extremely proud of the recent beautification process our sleeping rooms went through and glad that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for sharing your wonderful sentiments with us and future guests on TripAdvisor!

One of our top priorities is overall guest satisfaction, and I am thrilled that we were able to achieve this with your family's stay. It is our hope that we will continue to be your choice for travel in the Columbia, SC area.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

charlotte
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My job requires me to travel a lot for business. I've been to many hotels and experienced many levels of service. The people at this location in Columbia off i-77 are the best I have met anywhere in the country. They are the friendliest and most helpful people I've ever met. The rooms are clean as you would expect. The hotel is well maintained as you would expect. The pool area as well as the grounds are very well maintained as you would expect. However, you do not expect the level of courteousness and out right kindness as you find at this location. They take service to a whole other level. Every other Courtyard, Marriott Resort and every other hotel chain should take a page from their book. They are the best!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank WorldTvlr
Dear WorldTvlr,

It is with our delight to read your amazing, honest review! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing your recent stay with us and other travelers on TripAdvisor.

Our management builds our Courtyard family as to offer our guests the best that there is in customer service. We want our guests to arrive and get a true feeling of what "Southern Hospitality" is like, and we appreciate you taking note of this!

Our wonderful amenities matched with our amazing staff makes our hotel a shining star in the Columbia area. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Columbia Northeast/I-77 and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a long day of travel, we stopped at this Courtyard for the night. The Front Desk clerk was courteous, and efficiently handled our room assignment - without a reservation - even looking up my rewards number. The room was comfortable, clean, and most of all, quiet. We had an excellent night rest, and continued on our journey after a no-fuss checkout the next morning. I would definitely stay at this Courtyard again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Pfvjr23
Katie R, Manager at Courtyard Columbia Northeast / I-77, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Pfvjr23,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities. Also, we would like to thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member. I will make sure to personally pass on your kind compliments to our staff for a job well done. We hope to welcome you back soon. Until next time, take care!

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register
Katie.Register@marriott.com
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We drove from Cleveland and spent the night at this Courtyard in Columbia South Carolina on the way to Hilton Head. We would absolutely stay again. The rooms were immaculately clean. The breakfast was the best Continental breakfast I've had in a hotel - only it wasn't Continental - it was a huge hot buffet. I would stay here again in a minute. It's also worth noting that there isn't much between Columbia South Carolina and Hilton Head - this was the last best place to stay until getting all the way to HHI.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family