“You Get what you pay for, if you just need a bed then...”

Knights Inn Columbia Northwest
Ranked #78 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I know there are a lot of reviews on dumping places, but this is your below average outdated motel/hotel and you get what you pay for. If you just need a bed, shower, and a tv, then this will work for the $42 you pay for the night.

You have to remember you are not staying in a beach front, or hollywood strip hotel, you are in Columbia, SC with a decent area, 1 mile from a Walmart, and other restaurants are less than a 1/4 mile away. There are also two larger chain hotels within 200 yards as well. This hotel just got left in the past and there has not been much updating.

So like I said if you just need a quiet hotel, with an outdoor entrance, one ice machine at the front office, breakfast which includes mini powder donuts and orange juice, a 26 inch tube tv, one small couch and coffee table, one king bed, and a average bathroom with excellent water temperature and pressure, then this is the place for you. I got the place for $42 online.

Also, they have an outdoor pool, but I never got to check it out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kobe104
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Columbia Northwest

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel needs to be reported to the Health Department! Dirty, gross, creepy, and uncomfortable... I have pictures! When booking the rooms I thought the rooms might be run down, but that they would be clean. The rooms were absolutely disgusting!!! The floors were not even vacuumed! The rooms smelled of cat urine. There was quite a bit of sketchy activity. When we pulled up to our room there were quite a few men drinking beer and smoking what we believe was marijuana, it certainly was not cigarette smoke we were smelling!!! We slept with our clothes on, and didn't really even sleep! We left after the first night. Our daughter was traveling separately, and very late. I booked her, and us rooms at the nearest Holiday Inn, and told her not to even bother stopping at the Knights Inn!!! How do we get our $ back for the 3 rooms I booked for 3 nights?!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Darci P
Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had to stop because we were just so tired of driving we had to stop for our safety. I don't know if there are actual housekeepers but it was just not clean. I always travel with Lysol but I did not have enough for this room. Luckily we saw no bugs but the bathroom was nothing better than moldy & terrible. Smack yourself in the face & keep driving. We stayed long enough to sleep 4 hours shower, ugh, & get out. Never, ever again will I stay at ANY Knights Inn.

Room Tip: there are NONE - keep driving
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DWhite1157
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed in room 107 for three nights in Sept.2013, the tile on bathroom floor was falling apart, shower drapes were moldy and nasty, the room was cockroach infested, they were in everything, the beds, crawling on the walls, in the drapes and in the dresser drawer. The air conditioner had a nasty odor coming out it, like musky old smell, possibly mold, like its never been cleaned. I will not again stay at this place.

Room Tip: Choose another place to sleep. You don't get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is close to almost everything. The rooms were cleanish. The bathroom was not. We were able to get towels after fighting with the cleaning woman, the man sneaked us some, so ask him. My family and I were enjoying a pool when a very drunk woman whom we learned lived there showed up and started yelling at my 8 year old for splashing.She started to yell at her to "suck her c**k". Staff was present and did nothing. We also witnessed another tenant smoking a bong right outside his door and, again, nothing was done.

I will never stay here again. The drunk woman alone is not worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

my family and i were on the way to myrtle beach and stayed here for the night. room was clean nothing fancy but for price and one night stay we were happy with it.i would stay here again when i pass back thru..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family