“Good value and cordial service”

Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
Ranked #50 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Myrtle Beach
“Good value and cordial service”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had to stay in Columbia for one night for business reasons. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel was clean, and the bed was comfortable and good quality. Just a mention that the water pressure in the shower was very light. The eggs on the breakfast buffet were not soft, more gritty, like they were mixed with something, or a substitution, as the texture was off. However, there were other choices, including bagels, waffles, toast, fruit, cereals, beverages, etc. The flat screen TV was also great, for a value hotel. For business clients: The Hi Speed internet was free, but the copies the front desk made for me, were scanned in or done by the fax machine, and the font was smaller, and there were words cut off and cut in half, so I went to Office Depot for that. All in all, I was a tad surprised by the shower pressure, but I still got clean. As I mentioned, they could definitely do a better job on those eggs, because I had never had eggs that texture before. Overall, I would have to give it a very good recommendation for the value and the friendly staff, cleanliness and comfort, and ease of location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Raj Sachania, CHO
Hotel Operations Manager/GM
Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson
803-776-6263

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The customer service here is wonderful I get check in fast. It's peaceful at the hotel Room always clean when I check in. I dont have to ask for nothing really when I stay here The area of the hotel is very Good for me I can walk where I've to go sometimes This is only Choice Hotel I'll stay in now when I travel to Columbia, SC

Room Tip: They make sure you happy with your stay
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Kind Regards,

Raj Sachania, CHO
Hotel Operations Manager/GM
Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson
803-776-6263
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I came up here once again after a long trip to see my family. I had stopped here knowing that I get the biggest value for the price I pay. The room I spent the night in was so cozy including a desk to work on and a flat screen tv to enjoy free time. Again, I like this Sleep Inn based on the value it offers to customers.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
robertcola, General Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and we enjoyed being your host. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Galva, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We had adjoining rooms with our son and his family. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We were here for our grandsons graduation at Fort Jackson. We were very close to the base and easy access to the interstate. The staff was pleasant and helpful to us. Good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to being your host again in the near future.
GM.
Biscoe
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I was worried about staying here because I work at a hotel, and I had never stayed at a Sleep Inn. I really loved it. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room was very clean and pretty. I don't think there were any problems at all during our stay. I think the hair dryer didn't work, but that was no biggie. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Welcome back, thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Sleep Inn near Fort Jackson, Columbia SC. We look forward to being your host again in the future.
GM.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Old but Decent Hotel, Common area seems to be out dated, but great breakfast, Morning staff was very pleasant, Room was clean and decent. could use upgrade but not bad for value. the only problem was night staff did not answered phone after 1am..I went down she came out after half an hour seemed like she was sleeping ..was very rude and was upset of my request for toothpaste. She told me to come back in morning. I felt unsafe of not having alert Night staff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2012

If you are looking for clean, comfortable and inexpensive this is the place! Rooms are a little small and bathroom is separated only by a pocket door, but we were only there to sleep and change clothes so it was fine. Beds were very comfortable, nice flat screen TV. We were at USC Parents Weekend and would return while in Columbia. Breakfast was good - waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, sweet rolls, cereal, yogurt.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family