“Returning guest”

Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Once again this hotel aimed to please and it succeeded. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast contained more than any one person would ever need. The fresh cookies and hot coffee available throughout the day and evening was a great treat. The staff was so hospitable and never missed an opportunity to ask if everything was okay or if we needed anything. It is so convenient to USC and I77 as well as restaurants and shopping. We will be going back again in the fall!

Room Tip: If you have the choice pick a room more center and/or towards the lobby, people using the swimming p...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannah15317
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I are presently in the most dusty hotel room I have ever seen! We booked by internet and arrived at about 4:00PM after a long day of travelling from Florida . We were given a room for physically challanged on the ground floor. There was about 1/2 inch dust on the side of the TV;I did clean it before I put my stuff close to it because I did not have a choice, the room is very small. One of the pillow cover was stained with spots. We go out for dinner and when we come back, I go to use the toilet. The toilet paper holder was also full of very old and stuck dust. That was it ! I asked for another room. I was offered another physically challanged room that was just as filthy as the first one. I asked for management. The manager came and offered a reimbursement or he offered to ask a special cleaning team who would come specially to clean a room to my liking and that this would take hours and he went on and on about the time it would take. By then, it is 7:00PM and we are tired and are afraid to book another hotel that could possibly not be cleaner if we are not lucky. So, I told him that I knew what I need to do and ask him if he ever heard about TripAdvisor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 221SuzanneK772
robertcola, General Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Guest made a reservation on line for a handicapped room and at check in as we reviewed the reservation she claimed she didn't make the reservation, her husband must have. She wanted a King bed and we offered to her at a price difference but she refused to accept at the time. Now having checked in and after 4 hours of staying in the room she claimed that the room was dirty, We offered her an alternative handicapped room which she claimed is more dirtier than the one she is in. She informed us and threatened us about "Tripadvisor" and said she will give us a bad review, that this is not "China", we have rules here! Even after hearing this we offered her a full refund and she declined, we even offered her to watch us while we clean a room so she questions how long will it take. I said 2 persons will take 40 minutes to satisfy your standard. She claimed she (well into middle age) can do it in 15 minutes and bluntly refused to leave the hotel with full refund. We informed Tripadvisor that we were being manipulated and blackmailed by this individual to get her into a "King Room" without her having to pay the difference! and that if we don't she will give us a negative review. Tripadvisor said write us your response and we will remove the guest comment. This did not occur. The guest clearly was hoping to stay as she mentioned in a "Waldorf Astoria" and we happened to be a Sleep Inn!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Easy reservation, check-in, check-out. Room was clean and well maintained. Bed was comfortable - room temp was easy to regulate and stayed consistent once set. Used the exercise room - only three machines however I was the only one in there. The equipment was clean and easy to use. Breakfast was fresh and there were lots of choices. Good coffee. Staff was friendly and pleasant!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawna H
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment and review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was looking for a budget friendly hotel for a night stay in Columbia. This one was priced right ($54 + tax from AAA) and the reviews were good so I booked it. I was very pleased with my stay. It started at check-in. The young lady working the late evening shift was VERY pleasant. She seemed to truly like being there helping you. Just what you want at the end of a long day. When I got to the room I saw a water bottle on the table which I thought was odd for the cleaning staff to leave behind until I found a personalize noted from the owner under it welcoming me to the hotel and thanking me for choosing their Sleep Inn. I have never seen this before at a budget hotel. The room was very clean without having that hotel cleaner smell about. The only small draw back to our room was the carpet was fraying at the bathroom door and the leather like chair was peeling. The hotel is under renovation so hopefully the carpet is next and then room would have perfect. Breakfast the next morning was a full hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy) along with cereal, muffins, yogurt. For the two of us staying there this was a definite bonus in terms of price. The hotel is right off I77. The only problem with getting there is Exchange Blvd. is not marked real well so you really have to be looking for it when you come off the interstate.

I would definitely stay here again if the need arises.

Room Tip: We requested a ground floor room when making reservation and they accommodated.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your compliments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was supposed to fly in Columbia and head straight out, but my plans changed as I landed. I called the hotel and was given a room at a great rate. When I got there, I was greeted very warmly and was thanked for being a Choice Elite member. The manager, Rajesh was extremely friendly. After a long day of flying and herded through airports, this was very welcomed. There was a sign in the front that they were still doing construction. If you read any of my other reviews, you will see that I have great respect for hotel owners who invest back into their property instead of just bleeding the profit until the place is run into the ground. My room was on the first floor. The carpet was a little frayed on the edges, the desk chair’s “leather” was peeling, and the shower floor was a bit stained (probably from hard water) but that’s about all I can say negatively about the room (not enough to really report to the front desk). I actuall like the walk-in showers. I mean, who really takes a sit-down bath in a hotel any more? I was called within about 10 minutes to see if everything was ok with the room and to ask if I needed anything. I like the personal touch. Breakfast was very good (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy plus the other regular continental items- and good coffee).
Sleep Inn is not at the top of the Choice brands, but I have stayed at many of the upper brands that could take some lessons from this hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Its' kind of back off the highway so any room should be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jhg155
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night to break up our 15 hour trip to Orlando. The hotel room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. I am not a big fan of the large walk-in shower (no tub), but this was ok for a one night's stay. Breakfast was good! We would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
robertcola, Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here several yrs ago and stayed here on our way back from Daytona Beach the week after Thanksgiving. The whole hotel was immaculate. The employees were friendly, courteous and efficient. The lobby offered cookies. They were gone. The employee Emily made more for the six of us traveling together. Jay (female) was most helpful. Called the room after we were checked in to make sure everything was satisfactory. No other hotel had done that. Everything was clean, comfortable and we felt safe.Beds were great.

Room Tip: We had ground floor rooms and they were very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jerie2918
robertcola, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014