“No Hot water”

Sleep Inn near Ft. Jackson
Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Reserved room for one night to attend my grandson's wedding...
The wedding was at 6 pm on Saturday evening check in was 3 pm so we checked in at 3 pm knowing I and my wife had time to shower after a long drive and get dressed. I went to take my shower frist at about 3:30 but there was no HOT water but a nice cool room. I was not about to take a cold shower to come out into a 75 degree room so I called the desk and informed them I had no hot water and needed to shower before getting dressed for the wedding. The lady at the desk said she would send a maintenace worker up which showed up about 15 minutes later. I never got any hot water or shower nor did I ever get as much as a "we are sorry you did not have any hot water but would like to adjust your rate or anything.

I must say this is my last visit to a Sleep in

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2010

The price was decent and breakfast was OK, but overall the hotel was ill-kept. This location has noticeable cleanliness issues - numerous, sizable stains in the hallway carpeting and room carpeting. Went to go into the pool, but there were many cigarette butts and plastic wrappers floating in the pool. Also had the smell of natural gas near the entrance way. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2009

The hotel needs LOTS of attention. Desk staff was friendly but the rooms were horrible. We went in to find a pair of men's shoes by the bed. BUGS!! I killed 6 the first 15 minutes. The a/c was not on or not working in the hallways. One of the families traveling with the group had no a/c and had to change rooms. The plaster was falling off of the ceiling. The bathroom door would not close in a couple rooms. The shower door would not close all the way so we had water on the floor. One lady could not get out of her shower! Her husband had to come open the door from the outside. Breakfast was not an option either due to the fact that the waffle mix came out like water with chunks! There was no fruit as advertised and the milk for the cereal was room temperature. Needless to say, the kids in our group were very dissappointed to see the pool 1/2 full and green slime on the bottom. LESSON LEARNED, don't go again!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank AMomof3
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We stayed at Sleep Inn Columbia S.C. August 19-21 2009 for my son's graduation from Ft. Jackson's basic training. This hotel was on the military's web site of recommended hotels. I believe that this hotel should be removed from that list. We arrived Wed. 8-19-09 at approximately 3:30pm expecting to unload and go for a swim. We were told the pool was out of order for the rest of the week. The lobby/breakfast area a/c was not working as well as the a/c in the hallways. We got to our room expecting 2 queen size beds, their idea of queen beds differs from ours as these beds were full size. There were roaches in our room. The phone did not work as well as the remote control for the t.v. There were no buttons on the t.v. to operate it that way. We had our 5 mo. old grandson with us and he had to sleep on the floor the first night as there were no cribs that were not broken. We were then told all sleep inn's only have stand-up showers so this made it extremely difficult to bathe the baby. We were unable to go to another hotel as they were all booked and we couldn't afford to pay for 2 hotels. Miserable hotel experience. We will never use Sleep Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

DO NOT stay here!!! They failed to inform us the pool was closed untill after we had unloaded etc. The place smells, has bugs, small rooms, no towels and bad food for breakfest. If this place is a taste of Southern hospitality I'll stay up North from now on!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 April 2009

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast was continuously being replenished. The hotel is conveniently located and only about 5 minutes from Fort Jackson, which was our destination. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I was concerned after reading the reviews on here and was pleasantly surprised. We had three rooms for our son's graduation from Ft. Jackson and all three were clean, had ample supplies and working features. The beds were comfortable and had more than one pillow. The hot water took a little time (maybe 1-2 min) but then was very hot and excellent water pressure. The breakfast wasn't gourmet but we all had enough to eat and the staff was attending to it constantly. The location and price were good and the staff was friendly. It was quiet, we didn't hear other resident's nor the highway which is right outside. It's not a $100.00/night 5 star hotel but then I guess you shouldn't expect that for the price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family