“Authentic Thai cuisine”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Baan Sawan offers delicious Thai food in a small, charming spot that is very easy to miss as you sail down Devine Street. The staff are knowledgeable and pleasant. You are given the choice of proteins in all entrees - beef, chicken or tofu. This restaurant seems to have a loyal clientele - and I can see why.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I continue my search for the perfect dining experience. I did not find it at Baan-Sawan, but came very close to it! In town on business, I did a GPS search for a nearby Thai restaurant. Baan-Sawan was about 1 1/2 miles from the hotel, but I needed the exercise. It was well-worth the walk. I happened to be there on a night when a featured special was wild boar panang. Superb! And, I especially appreciated the fact that "hot spicy" meant "hot" and not neutered to appease a generic palate. The meat was perfectly tender and the spicing was just right! Accompanying the meal was a season "pumpkin ale" which was most flavorful. The server, Macy, was appropriately friendly and attentive. A big thumbs-up!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Very nicely decorated small restaurant with a great menu and great Thai food. I thought it to be expensive especially for Thai, never thought I would pay more for Thai in Columbia than I did in Phoenix
Regardless the food is good and the best Thai I have had so far in this town, worth a try

Reviewed 15 April 2013

On the SE edge of Five Points, this place has incredible Thai food, with a menu that is actually helpful in figuring out what you are ordering and how hot to order it. The wine list is also very well-written and useful, not to mention well-selected to mesh well with the food. Our waiter was well-trained and knew the menu and the wine list. Portions were well-sized without being either too large or too small. Would eat there again if I ever go back to Columbia.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Baan and Motor Supply are my favorite restaurants. Baan is fabulous. I almost want to keep it a secret, so that there will be a bar stool available every time I come in to eat. Love the service,the family who owns it, and their dedication to providing a wonderful dining and drinking experience. Bravo Baan. love you guys.

1  Thank 657buddha