“Airport Shuttle with a Great Downtown Location!”
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel is located centrally located and everyone I interacted with was friendly. The exercise facilities were well appointed and the restaurant staff were quite helpful.
The airport shuttle was very convenient!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear JessZoladz,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to post your review of the Marriott Columbia Downtown on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you found the service, cleanliness and amenities to be excellent. We know you have a choice of where to stay and my team and I are flattered that you chose to be our guest. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful customer service. I travel extensively for business and pleasure and am totally impressed with the extremely attentive staff. Very welcoming all around--from the bell hops, front desk, bar/restaurant, housekeeping and concierge lounge. Highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you very much for posting your comments about the Marriott Columbia! My team and I are thrilled that you have had such a great experience. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I travel every week and I stay here when in Columbia. Christian at the front desk is wonderful! All of the staff remember my name even if it has been awhile since I was there. I am genuinely welcomed back when I arrive. I had some flight delays recently and did not arrive until 1 AM. I checked in, the front desk staff retrieving the luggage I had left. When I got to my room, the light was on, the bed turned down and my extra towels and a refrigerator in place! How nice and welcoming that was - not to mention how much better it was for me to get into the room and begin the unpacking process for a 7 am meeting.
I would also like to mention a few other people at the downtown Marriott.
Josh - always fixes whatever error I may have made when I booked my stay and he emails me to tell me it is fixed, or my rate is on the stay etc. Jeff, the food service Director has really improved the offerings at the concierge lounge - there was a lovely salmon in a light garlic sauce the other night that I had to text a colleague - also at the hotel - about. Lillianna is the hostess for the café in the hotel and Sara is the barista in the Midlands lounge. Both of them are wonderful! I don't even have to order my decaf latte - Sara just makes it when she sees me. Lillianna greets me by name and we have a chat (if she isn't seating people) while Sara makes my coffee. Even Eugene, one of the bellmen greets me by name and welcomes me back. If he is on he just gets my luggage from storage - I don't even have to ask.
It is a challenge to travel every week and sometimes it gets really old but staying here makes it just that much better. Thanks to the staff at the Columbia Marriott

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room - there is a huge (800 room) new dorm building for USC adjacent to the hotel...

Dear Sandra T,

Thank you so much for sharing such touching comments about the team at the Columbia Marriott. with great guests like you, it is easy to provide brilliant service. We truly value your loyalty and than you so much for making the choice to come back every week. I will be sure to thank each associate you mentioned personally, they will be thrilled. Please reach out to me directly if I may be of personal service to you. We all wish you safe and exciting travels.

joel.darr@marriottcolumbia.com

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I'm actually writing this review while staying at the property. I'm a Marriott Rewards member and I'm particularly impressed with the hotel. Their service is extraordinarily good. From airport pick-up to front desk check-in to the outstanding service in the restaurant. In particular, Quante who served my breakfast ... what an outstanding employee for Marriott Hotels. She was highly attentive and by far one of the most professional employees I've had the pleasure of interacting with at any Marriott or other hotel I visit across the country on business every month. She should be commended and recognized for her commitment to making sure that the guests are satisfied & happy. Overall, because of people like Quante, i'll most certainly be returning to Marriott Hotels/Resorts worldwide.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rodhinds,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about the Marriott Columbia and Quante! I am so happy you are enjoying yourself so much. I shared your review with Quante this morning in front to the leadership team and she was gushing. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and please come back again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Christian at the front desk went above and beyond during my most recent stay. I travel extensively and this location and this individual exemplify the service standard to which many aspire. I appreciate the level of service and the genuine hospitality. I really feel they mean it when they say "welcome back!"

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear David S,

It was great catching up with you this morning in the lobby. Thank you so much for sharing your comments about Christian and the service team with TripAdvisor. I will be sure to celebrate Christian for helping you get your presentation together and for getting you into the Blue Marlin. My team and I appreciate your loyalty and thank you and your colleagues for choosing to stay with us. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

General Manger

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Centrally located Marriott with nice lobby, restaurant and bar area. Check in was ok, but she didn't explain where concierge level was for our use. Found cleanliness of room poor, particularly finding hair clumped up on the bathroom floor. They also didn't leave us more than one towel on our last day. There were also no glasses in the bathroom for our use. Pluses: free shuttle to airport. Were on a college visit to USC so it was about an 8 block walk. Would try the Courtyard next to the school on next trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Fritzee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I very much appreciate you pointing out the positive areas of the hotel. I am very sorry that your room was not up the standard you expect. I will use your feedback as a training tool for our housekeeping team. Please note, the Glasses and Ice Bucket are located in the cabinet under the TV's. I will also share your comments with the Front Desk team to ensure they are explaining all of the hotels amenities and locations of them. I would very much appreciate it if you could send me your room number or just you last name, so I can identify exactly who needs the additional training. My team and I very much appreciate you and hope you will give us a chance to improve upon this visit. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

joel.darr@marriottcolumbia.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I travel for work every week to Columbia and I always stay at the Columbia Marriott. Its close to the downtown area and not too far from my work location. The staff is great and friendly, especially Josh at the front desk. They always make me feel welcome and comfortable when I'm there, so it feels like I'm at home, even when I'm not.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Michael P,

My team and I appreciate you taking the time to share such nice comments on Trip Advisor. We very much value your loyalty and thank you for choosing to stay with us each week. Josh and the team will be very happy to reach your comments, they are well deserved. Pease reach out to me directly if you need anything. I wish you safe and exciting travels.