Columbia Marriott
Country Inn
US$161
US$154
  • Pool
Sleep Inn at Bush River Road(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Breakfast included
US$159
US$140
US$59
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
Hotels.com
US$186
US$141
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungeshrimp and gritsfront deskparking garagebreakfast buffetbusiness travelstate housemini fridgeindoor poolomeletsouthern hospitalitysouth carolinadowntownmidlandsvaletconferencebellman
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel and the service has been excellent every time. The food and service is very good and the updates to the hotel has only enhanced my visits. They have very good local knowledge of what is going on in the area as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Joe B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Columbia and for taking the time to share such nice comments. I am very happy my team has been about to show you caring and professional service. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Not only do they have a five star chef, preparing five star dishes, served by five star staff, managed by five star experts but they also have one of the best collections of five star bourbon! I was able to try some of the most rare bourbons that exist and was given expert knowledge of the bourbon that I was trying by manager Matt. If anyone else shares this interest I would highly recommend stopping in. Oh and try the steak sandwich. It is out of this world. Be prepared to be wooed by manager Jill as well. Her over the top service made me stay well past my intended time being there and will be one of the biggest reasons I return. Marriott should be thankful that they have such a staff to deliver five star service and commend them for finding and developing the talent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jason H,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about Rocks at Midlands' and the stars Matt and Jill. I am happy to read that you find the food and other service to be exceptional as well. My team and I appreciate you and thank you for choosing to be our guest. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

For the past 16 months I have been a regular business guest at this location with stays on average of three days every six weeks.

The rooms are standard mid-tier Marriott with thin doors to the outside hallway.

Hotel is generally very clean and I have never had an issue except for the random stray hair.

Bedding is the typical heavily used sheeting and could use an upgrade.

What hurts this hotel is the complete lack of a business center. The facility demands, due to its location, a 24 hour room with parcel service, copier, computers and wireless printers/scanners for those with their own PC.

The concierge lounge is always packed early for an acceptable breakfast and it is a MUST that you have access.

However, even the printer in the concierge lounge is always out of paper or toner.

Internet is reliable and typically slow for the free option. As with any business traveler an investment in your own mifi device is recommended.

Staff is excellent and friendly - in particular the bell staff and a fine man named Eugene who is there during the day. He is a gentleman who cares about all he meets. An asset to be applauded.

In short: the staff deserves a better facility even though there has been a lobby upgrade within the past six months.

I will always return - that is the important part of the review.

Room Tip: Concierge access is a must.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Louis H,
I thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community. I am happy to read that our team has taken great care of you and that you find the hotel to be clean. We are working on improving the Business Center and better high speed is on its way. Thank you for your loyalty and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Having been to this facility many times in the past, it is now a property to be proud of. It is state-of-the-art and more than eye-appealing. It seems they have thought of everything when they untook to update this facility. Their food is, by far, the best I have tasted in Columbia. I couldn't have said that a couple of years ago. I highly recommend the Shrimp and Grits! But all the dishes look and, the ones I've eaten, taste scrumptious. I thought I had the best Columbia had to offer until I ate at the Marriott. Many of our out-of-town guests only wish to stay at the Columbia Marriott Downtown --- now I understand why! It is fabulous!

Room Tip: King Suite is fabulous!

Dear Marie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing feedback about the Marriott Columbia and the food / service in Midlands'. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon for some more Shrimp and Grits!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

For several years I have been coming to Columbia, SC and have stayed at a number of hotels. Each tries, but the Columbia Marriott has assembled the premier team of consummate professionals who make the difference. As most know, a room is a room, but the real difference is the staff. They cook, clean, service and pay attention. The Columbia Marriott has assembled a wonderful team of dedicated, caring, and professional team members who truly work to make your stay as enjoyable and productive as possible. You may not know or remember their names...but they remember yours. Erin, Julie, Chelsea, Josh, Maria, Nancy, Rachel, Alan, Christian, Keith, Katrina, Eugene...they all get it right. What is so amazing is that you can tell these people really are genuinely sincere. The type of care and sincerity they provide is not mandated in a mere job description. You can probably find a cheaper hotel...but you will not find a hotel that cares about you and takes as good care of you as the Columbia Marriott and their team of wonderful professionals. It is a pleasure to come to the Columbia Marriott repeatedly as they repeatedly do a GREAT job of taking care of guests and caring about each and every individual. As a testament to how well this place runs...for the first time in about 15 years...I overslept this morning...It doesn't get any better than that!

1  Thank dcseny
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear dcseny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing comments with the TripAdvisor community about the Marriott Columbia. My team and I truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us every week. We consider you family and look forward to each of your visits with us. I am so happy to have the privilege to work with great guests like you and associates of the hotel. Thank you again and I look forward to next week.

Best Regards,