“Best Place to stay in Columbia”
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were just passing through Columbia but made an excellent choice in this hotel. The lobby is newly renovated and beautiful. The staff goes above and beyond from the moment you pull your car up! The rooms are very nice and clean. The breakfast was outstanding. I highly suggest the fried green tomato eggs benedict.....a specialty of the house. And they even make their own in-house ice cream that is a "must try"! Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Cynthia Underwood,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share such amazing comments about the Marriott Columbia S.C. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our recent renovation, Brilliant service and amazing food. My waste line can confirm the both the Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict and the Home made ice cream are amazing. My team and I truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff here is very friendly and welcoming and provide excellent service. Would like to mention Christian, Eugene, and Keith as they have always provided high quality service with a positive and friendly attitude. Thank you for making me feel welcome at your property! Recommend you to all my friends and colleagues who travel to Columbia SC.

Dear Judy B,

My team and I very much appreciate you finding the time to share such positive comments about the Marriott Columbia with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to read the Christian, Keith and Eugene showed you personalized service, they are all true stars. We all are grateful that you chose to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this hotel very regularly. It is within walking distance to the Capitol, USC and virtually all of downtown. Staff is friendly and the front desk staff really shines. There's no better way to feel welcome than to have a friendly and very helpful front desk staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room for a better city view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear alan s,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Marriott Columbia with the Tripadvisor community. I am thrilled that our service team recognizes you each week and make you feel at home. It is very easy for my team to show Brilliant service when you have such outstanding guests. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you next week. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Columbia Marriott while in town on business. It was a beautiful hotel with a very relaxed atmosphere. Right in the center of town, it was conveniently located near my venue, and also to local attractions for sight seeing in my free time. The staff was truly friendly and welcoming. Very professionally run. I used the valet and they were quick and respectful. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear RHealan,

My team and I very much appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia. I am thrilled that you found the hotel, service and location to be excellent. I will be sure to share your compliments with all the team and specifically, the Bell Staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and home you come back very soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It's not a brand new hotel, but it's clean, comfortable, convenient, and offers easy parking downtown -- it was $12 for the entire stay. If you're not doing business you can probably find a newer or perhaps less expensive hotel in the area, but you will be hard-pressed to find a friendlier staff. The indoor pool was kind of a surprise -- very nice, with a really good exercise facility too. If you qualify for concierge services, the staff, breakfast, and facility were more than adequate. There are some reasonable options for food nearby too. Overall, a good downtown hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear garbagecollector,

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Marriott Columbia Downtown. You obviously travel allot so your opinion means very much to us. I am very happy my team showed your Brilliant Service and that you found our location to be excellent. I hope to be able to welcome you back very soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Columbia Marriott was a great place to stay in downtown Columbia. The staff was very friendly, and always willing to help. The room was clean, with extra towels, and the beds were very comfortable. I will definetely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear JRWalker,

Thank you so much for sharing your expert opinion with the Trip Advisor community. It is a little more gratifying to read a great review from a Top Contributor from T.A., obviously you know hotels. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a rest stop over on my way to another city. The staff was more than polite and helpful. The hotel is close to the major interstate highways, the rooms are great, and the food at the hotel restaurant is incredible. I asked about their shrimp and grits (gotta have shrimp and grits when you're in South Carolina). Even though it wasn't time to start the lunch menu, they went ahead and made it. And it was great! I recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to stay in Columbia.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Trexxor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriot Columbia and Midlands' Restaurant with the Trip Advisor community. My team and I very much appreciate you choosing to be our guest. By the way, I agree, Midlands' Shrimp and Grits are the Best in town! Thank you again and I wish you safe and exciting travels.