“Excellent Service, Beyond the Call of Duty!”
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“Excellent Service, Beyond the Call of Duty!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I hosted a breakfast meeting at the Columbia Marriott a few weeks ago. I left my credit card in the restaurant of the hotel during the meeting. Not only did the waitress, Quante, find my work number and call to tell me, she then wrote down my cell number from my voice mail and called me to make sure I knew I had left it. Had Quante not called to tell me I would not have realized I did not have it until my next work meal. Quante could have easily left the card at the front desk or lost and found and not thought another thing about it. This to me is quality customer service. The Columbia Marriott continues to be the best location for meetings, events and overnight stays. I would highly recommend. We are fortunate to have them in Columbia!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cowgi
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Cowgi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing comments about your recent meeting at the Marriott Columbia. I am so happy to read this amazing service story, Quante is certainly deserving of all the praise. I have already celebrated her with my team, she recently won Employee of the Month, for her amazing service skills. We all appreciate you choosing to due business with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

joel.darr@marriottcolumbia.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome experience!!! The staff members were friendly and very helpful. The catered food was definitely top-notch. Delicious!!!! The reception ballroom was gorgeous and spacious. This was the perfect location for a wedding reception! Huge success!

I will definitely visit again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear antionette96,

Thank you so much for posting such nice comments about your Wedding experience at the Marriott Columbia. I will be sure to celebrate the Chef's and the Service team for exceeding your expectations. My team and I very much appreciate you choosing to celebrate with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Columbia Marriott is a terrific hotel. The lobby is newly renovated and lovely. The front desk staff provided wonderful service and were very friendly and helpful. Christian and Avra were so nice and cheerful. The hotel is conveniently located and it is easy to get anywhere in the city in just a few minutes. The rooms are spacious and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and will stay here again when I am back in Columbia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Karen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia team and specifically Christian and Arva. I will be sure to celebrate their excellence with the team. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend of my graduation. There were several issues starting with in my room (there there three rooms reserved) my toilet overflowed and we were not moved to another room. We had to slosh around in toliet water the weekend. The water went out into the hallway and a person came to get some of the water up but the floor was still wet. I called for fresh towels and for someone to get the wet towels out of the tub, well they bought more towels but he did not get the wet towels. We did not have maid service the whole weekend, trash overflowing, no new linen.
The main point of the terrible service is because we got a discounted rate on our rooms and the employees (more specifically Julie [--]) took it out on us and was very rude at checkout, and told another empoyee not I would not receive any further discount because I already had a discount and there had been several noise complaints and complaints about the water, as if it was my fault the toilet overflowed.The noise compliant was my two year old nephew who was making enough noise that they had to move several residents from their rooms, which is ridiculous. This is supposed to be a family friendly hotel. I happened to be coming to my room and I saw Julie and another employee (femaie) standing outside my sister's room listening and when I asked them what was wrong they said there was a noise complaint. I said he is two, he likes to play, but he did not disrupt the hotel. They made a suggestion to my sister and brother and law to take my nephew downstairs or go put him in their car until he quites down. WTH!!! Can you say studid/ They were standing there listening to see if my nephew was making noise and it was quiet on the hallway. I did however see four people come down the hall later laughing loud and cursing, but I guess that was OK? I made a video of the room to show what kind of service we had the whole weekend. It was like we were in the hotel but in the bad part where there was not service.

Room Tip: no room if you get a discount
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Candy H
Dear Candy H,

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience while staying with us. I have addressed your issues with my leadership team and we discussed how to better address noise complaints. I can ensure you that my team had no intention of disrespecting you, they honestly were trying to address issues reported to them from other guests. Regardless, we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry. We do hold employee discount guests to a different standard than our non employee guests, unfortunately this is what led to your poor experience. Again, we will continue to address with our team.

Regards,

Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Columbia Marriott was great from the food to the customer service. The staff was very nice and provided great service especially Chris and Maggie. Chris had me laugh during my entire check in and Maggie was great over the phone. All the staff had great attitude. Recommend to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the corner the 03 rooms are the best!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear AD2490,

My team and I are grateful that you have taken the time to share such complementary comments about Chris, Maggie and the quality of the Marriott Columbia Downtown. I must to agree, Maggie is a star on the phones and Chris is the best in town. We all value your loyalty and appreciate you choosing to stay with us in Columbia. I look forward to welcoming you back and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My visits at this hotel keep getting better......I've been traveling on business to this particular hotel for the last past 2 years. I've been with them through their entire renovation process and during it all the customer services has been tremendous. There are many key players that make this establishment successful and this particular day Christian and Rachel made my experience over the top by being attentive to the details and always showing the utmost services. As I continue to travel around the states on business, the Columbia Marriott has reaffirmed that there are still companies out there focused on great service and you've made a lifelong fan out of me. Thank you to taking your jobs to an ultimate level.

Room Tip: When checking in Christian provides excellent service and Rachel is a very attentive manager.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ticarol s
Dear ticarol s,

It warms my heart to read such amazing comments about the Marriott Columbia, Christian and Rachel. We truly appreciate you taking to time to post such a nice review about our service and progress. It is much easier to deliver Brilliant service when our loyal guest are such high caliber. Thank you for choosing to be our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were just passing through Columbia but made an excellent choice in this hotel. The lobby is newly renovated and beautiful. The staff goes above and beyond from the moment you pull your car up! The rooms are very nice and clean. The breakfast was outstanding. I highly suggest the fried green tomato eggs benedict.....a specialty of the house. And they even make their own in-house ice cream that is a "must try"! Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cynthia Underwood,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share such amazing comments about the Marriott Columbia S.C. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our recent renovation, Brilliant service and amazing food. My waste line can confirm the both the Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict and the Home made ice cream are amazing. My team and I truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.