“Suprisingly disapointed”
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location its beautiful the front desk and even the shuttle drivers were excellent. BUT HEY look out for "housekeeping"! If they are working on your floor plan to get (NO REST!) they are lound in the hallways and i spent hours from 3:30pm to 6pm listening to doors slam on the security locks that they used to prop the room doors they were cleaning, talk about NO thought of guest in their rooms "paid for rooms"! if. it were my call i would NEVER come here for the rest.. other than that if you arenjust gonna stay in the Lobby "great place!"

• Stayed: June 2014
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear weeklytravelergirl,

Thank you very much for taking to time to post your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you were disrupted in the middle of the day. I will reaffirm to my team that not all of our guests sleep at night and they need to be mindful of noise at all hours of the day. I appreciate your business and look forward to showing you a better days sleep next visit. My team and I wish you safe and quite travels.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was in town for a conference and I was very pleasantly impressed with this hotel. The staff is really helpful and more than willing to help. As far as Marriotts go this is one of the Best ones I have had the pleasure to experience. It is a great location and easy to find. This was my first time to Columbia and if I ever visited again I would not hesitate to book this hotel again. It was a great value for the money and I appreciated that the walkway from parking goes directly into the hotel to avoid from trucking my luggage a long way.

Pros:
Wonderful service
Hotel Staff very helpful
Clean Rooms
The Fruit Water (REFRESHING!)

Cons:
a bit noisy if you are by the elevator so request a room away from it
View was terrible (but that is okay)

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ekalisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia with Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to read that such a seasoned Trip Advisor user / traveler, found our hotel and service to be so Brilliant. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon. I wish you safe and exciting Travels.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were in town for a conference hosted at the hotel, and we were very impressed with the service. The bartender, Erica, was absolutely fantastic -- she was kind and generous, completely friendly, and full of great suggestions for things to see and places to eat while we were in town. She definitely went above and beyond the call of duty in her interactions with us. Couldn't have asked for better help!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CAWFL

Dear CAWFL,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your TripAvisor Review from your recent visit with us. We are delighted that your stay with the us at the Columbia Marriott was enjoyable. I am so pleased to read that you experienced Brilliant Service from Erica and the team and found the hotel be excellent. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I hosted a breakfast meeting at the Columbia Marriott a few weeks ago. I left my credit card in the restaurant of the hotel during the meeting. Not only did the waitress, Quante, find my work number and call to tell me, she then wrote down my cell number from my voice mail and called me to make sure I knew I had left it. Had Quante not called to tell me I would not have realized I did not have it until my next work meal. Quante could have easily left the card at the front desk or lost and found and not thought another thing about it. This to me is quality customer service. The Columbia Marriott continues to be the best location for meetings, events and overnight stays. I would highly recommend. We are fortunate to have them in Columbia!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cowgi
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Cowgi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing comments about your recent meeting at the Marriott Columbia. I am so happy to read this amazing service story, Quante is certainly deserving of all the praise. I have already celebrated her with my team, she recently won Employee of the Month, for her amazing service skills. We all appreciate you choosing to due business with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

joel.darr@marriottcolumbia.com

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Awesome experience!!! The staff members were friendly and very helpful. The catered food was definitely top-notch. Delicious!!!! The reception ballroom was gorgeous and spacious. This was the perfect location for a wedding reception! Huge success!

I will definitely visit again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear antionette96,

Thank you so much for posting such nice comments about your Wedding experience at the Marriott Columbia. I will be sure to celebrate the Chef's and the Service team for exceeding your expectations. My team and I very much appreciate you choosing to celebrate with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The Columbia Marriott is a terrific hotel. The lobby is newly renovated and lovely. The front desk staff provided wonderful service and were very friendly and helpful. Christian and Avra were so nice and cheerful. The hotel is conveniently located and it is easy to get anywhere in the city in just a few minutes. The rooms are spacious and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and will stay here again when I am back in Columbia.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Karen B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia team and specifically Christian and Arva. I will be sure to celebrate their excellence with the team. We all appreciate you choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend of my graduation. There were several issues starting with in my room (there there three rooms reserved) my toilet overflowed and we were not moved to another room. We had to slosh around in toliet water the weekend. The water went out into the hallway and a person came to get some of the water up but the floor was still wet. I called for fresh towels and for someone to get the wet towels out of the tub, well they bought more towels but he did not get the wet towels. We did not have maid service the whole weekend, trash overflowing, no new linen.
The main point of the terrible service is because we got a discounted rate on our rooms and the employees (more specifically Julie [--]) took it out on us and was very rude at checkout, and told another empoyee not I would not receive any further discount because I already had a discount and there had been several noise complaints and complaints about the water, as if it was my fault the toilet overflowed.The noise compliant was my two year old nephew who was making enough noise that they had to move several residents from their rooms, which is ridiculous. This is supposed to be a family friendly hotel. I happened to be coming to my room and I saw Julie and another employee (femaie) standing outside my sister's room listening and when I asked them what was wrong they said there was a noise complaint. I said he is two, he likes to play, but he did not disrupt the hotel. They made a suggestion to my sister and brother and law to take my nephew downstairs or go put him in their car until he quites down. WTH!!! Can you say studid/ They were standing there listening to see if my nephew was making noise and it was quiet on the hallway. I did however see four people come down the hall later laughing loud and cursing, but I guess that was OK? I made a video of the room to show what kind of service we had the whole weekend. It was like we were in the hotel but in the bad part where there was not service.

Room Tip: no room if you get a discount
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Candy H

Dear Candy H,

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience while staying with us. I have addressed your issues with my leadership team and we discussed how to better address noise complaints. I can ensure you that my team had no intention of disrespecting you, they honestly were trying to address issues reported to them from other guests. Regardless, we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry. We do hold employee discount guests to a different standard than our non employee guests, unfortunately this is what led to your poor experience. Again, we will continue to address with our team.

Regards,