“Lovely hotel”
Review of Columbia Marriott

Columbia Marriott
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay at this hotel at least once a month as I travel from PA to visit my children who attend the University. Over the last several years, I've had the opportunity to stay at most of the downtown hotels, and with those experiences, the Columbia Marriott has now become my first and only option. Renovations to the entire property have made this the most enjoyable hotel in the downtown. The superior staff does everything they can to make each stay as pleasant as possible, and every request I've asked of them has been fulfilled. Wonderful restaurant, bar and concierge lounge make this a terrific choice for business or leisure travel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Susan J,

I am so happy to reach such a wonderful review of the Columbia Marriott. My team and leadership will be very pleased to read that the time, effort and investment to improving our Main Street hotel is paying off. I look forward to welcoming you back every month when you are visiting your Game Cock! Have safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

There are many really great things about this hotel: the staff are friendly and helpful, the parking is convenient, and the restaurant is excellent. The rooms were a bit small, but everything was clean, and for the most part, the hotel was very quiet. If you are interested in getting souvenirs or a great meal, head down Main Street a couple of blocks - Mast General Store is a wonderful place to get those gifts for family/friends or clothes/shoes/knick knacks for yourself. Overall, I had a great time at this hotel. The only minus was the pool, which was a little disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear chatto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments about the Marriott Columbia with the TripAdvisor community. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are very happy to read that you enjoyed visit. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back very soon. Have safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was really impressed when I walked in because the General Manager and Front Office Manager were in the lobby assisting guest with the elevator and greeting everyone so nicely. This was around 5pm that day. I know the manager have a lot of them, but to see them "get in the field" sort to speak with their staff means a lot. The General manager even asked where I was from. The customer service representative Chynna was very professional. She always is pleasant and extremely professional. In fact, I plan on staying here again 2 more weeks when I come back to Columbia, SC. I was so impressed with the cleaniliness of the room as well as the Concierge lounge. The fitness room has complimentary fruit and water. I've never seen that at any hotel. I was extremely impressed with this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica H

Dear Jessica H,

Thank you so much for the kind words, lobby time is definitely my favorite part of my job. I love having the opportunity to meet our guests and welcome them to our beautiful hotel and city. I am most happy to read that you found the hotel to be very clean, this is our highest priority. I hope I am waiting for you in the lobby upon your next return to the Marriott Columbia.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel because of a wedding we were attending there. We requested early check in with extra towels and pillows. I am pleased to say that we were allowed to check in early and we had everything extra we requested. The hotel is very beautiful (we stayed on the 10th floor) and the wedding was awesome.We spent a lot of time at the pool the next day and it was awesome also. Everyone at the hotel was extra friendly and always made sure we were ok and had everything we needed. The only thing I regret is that they did not have a free breakfast or a refrigerator/microwave in the room like the other hotels we normally stay at however, I could live with that. I would definitely stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Courtney_A_2011
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Courtney_A_2011,

My team and I thank you for choosing to stay with us for your wedding weekend. We very much appreciate you posting such nice comments on TripAdvisor regarding your experience. I have heard great feedback from the Wedding party regarding their event in our ballroom as well. Thank you again for staying with us, I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We missed the breakfast as we slept in. Room was nice. Could use a few more than just two towels though in the room.
Used the pool and outside sun area and all was nice.
But, we made it to lunch in the restaurant, and it was AWESOME!
Holy cow. My other half had the award winning, trophy out front, shrimp and grits. I had for my first time, the chicken and waffles and it was AWESOME TOO!!!
Very good good!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MatthewBlase

Dear MatthewBlase,

Wow, I really love reading your review of the Marriott Columbia and Midlands! Our team has worked very hard to build a great destination restaurant that happens to be located in a hotel. I agree, the Shrimp and Grits and the Chicken and Waffles are both amazing and award winning. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and celebrate their efforts. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely entry to the hotel and staff was great. Small glitch while checking in with our room and keys but the staff fixed it right away. The restaurant was great and not overly priced like some hotels can be. They gave us other dining options and were great to say they tried them all themselves. But we decided to stay in and relax at the hotel and it was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen D

Dear Colleen D,

My team and I thank you very much for choosing to stay with us in Columbia. We are thrilled that you enjoyed Midlands and Rocks while you were here. Your comments are very appreciated and flattering. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently spent the night at this property. The room was well appointed and up to Marriott standards. Very clean and welcoming. The great bed afforded a wonderful night's sleep not to mention the down pillows and lots of them. Easy in and out, covered parking with direct hotel access and a friendly staff. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alex C

Dear Alex C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such nice comments about the Marriott Columbia Downtown. I will share your feedback with the team and celebrate a job well done. My team and I appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon. Safe Travels!