“SC ARNG PDS Conference”

Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
North Augusta, South Carolina
“SC ARNG PDS Conference”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I just wanted to take a few minutes of your time to express my opinion of the service that I received at your Hotel this past weekend. Outstanding is the first word that comes to mind. Ms. Price is an absolute jewel. There was absolutely nothing that we requested or required that she did not provide immediately. When she was getting off for the day, she would introduce me to the person filling in until she returned.
The food service provided was excellent. I know that the Chaplain’s and psychiatrists we had present had absolutely no concept of time and we were late breaking for lunch as well as dinner. Your hotel staff was extremely gracious concerning our lack of promptness. I just cannot say enough about your hotel and its staff. Please acknowledge to your staff of what a wonderful job they all did, it was truly a pleasure working with them.
As for Ms Price she definitely deserves a raise or/and a all expenses paid vacation, she has earned it – I’d insure you all hung onto to her. I am quite certain your competitors would jump at the chance to steal her away for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JoelD2012, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear ywoodall,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Columbia and for taking the time to share such nice comments about the hotel and staff. I can let you know that I have no intention of letting my Julie go to any other hotels, she is truly valued by all of us. Please come back soon!

Joel Darr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Lake Cowichan
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Staff were always pleasant.

I felt room could have been cleaner.
In the week I was there I did not think they vacuumed once. If they did the dust bunnies and 2 half peanuts were still under the edge of the bed when I left.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the indoor pool. Lots of noise if kids were in the pool. Sometimes strong aroma o...
1 Thank Ben Y
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Ben Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I am glad you found he service of our team to be excellent. I am very sorry your floor was not vacuumed appropriately. I will address you issues with the Housekeeping team immediately. Please reach out to me when you return to town and I will personally inspect your room and buy you a drink.

ATL
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently retired from 24 years with Marriott International. To say that I've stayed in a few hotels over the years is an understatement. This hotel was one of the BEST EVER. We were so pleasantly surprised. We booked our room the morning of our arrival when we decided to come to town to see USC, on a college tour. The staff was awesome; from the bellmen (Ben) to the front desk to the restaurant staff. We met both Logan (brand new in the restaurant) and Roxy during our meals and they were both fabulous. The hotel was clean and the housekeepers actually spoke to us, pleasantly, in the halls! The food at both of our meals was excellent-- one suggestion-- your bellstaff and front desk need to recommend the restaurant. They both told us about many options, but never included your own offerings. There were 5 of us eating and we all loved our meal and our dining experience. Congrats to the GM and the hotel staff for an awesome hotel; you should be proud of the work that you do to make this a great hotel. We will be back! And I've already told a number of Marriott people what a great hotel you are running :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nancy M,

Wow, I just love reading this review! Marriott veterans are the hardest bunch to impress, I am just thrilled. I will share your feedback the our team and celebrate them appropriately. I hope you choose to come back soon and congratulations on your retirement.

General Manger
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Recently, I had the real privilege of spending 8 days in this hotel, attending a conference. It is, without any reservation, the finest staff of any hotel I know. From the time you enter the front door, you feel at home. On the first night, we ate in the hotel restaurant and that did it. We ate there for every meal the rest of our stay. The restaurant staff was outstanding and the food was great. I think I ate most every item on the menu and never had a thing I did not competely enjoy. By the way, the ice cream is homemade and is WONDERFUL! The hotel general manager and the food and beverage manager were right there checking to be sure we enjoyed everything. I highly recommend this hotel for an individual stay or for a convention.

Room Tip: All rooms good.
1 Thank Richard620
Dear Richard620,

My team and I are very grateful to you for choosing to stay with us for a week recently. Your group was such a pleasure to service, we wish you would not have checked out. I will pass on your comments to the team and celebrate them appropriately. Please come back soon and travel safe!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is a typical Marriott hotel in a good location. The rooms are clean. The bathroom is updated. Our only complaint is that the walls are amazingly thin so hallway noise and neighbors can be very disruptive. It's basically like keeping the door open.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jodi P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very sorry that you found the walls to be thin. This is not a common challenge that we face, would you mind sending me the room number you were in so I can investigate. I will be sure to address this issue specifically and I hope you choose to give us another try.

Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I would like to personally thank the following individuals
Office manager Julie Price, Lauren Oliva and Sara
If these individuals are the typical employees at Marriott your hotel would do very well.
Customer service is the linchpin to success.
It's refreshing to see people who care.
I will definitely choose Marriott the next time for my business travel.
Chaplain Larry J. Carter
Mary Esther FL

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Chaplin Larry C,

Thank you so much for sharing such nice comments about our team members and the Brilliant Service they provide you and your group. My entire team very is very grateful that you chose to hold your convention with us and that you were such gracious guests. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back very soon. Have safe and exciting travels.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Nice location, reasonable rate but hotel is dated and could use a face lift. There is an average onsite gym available and a nice indoor pool. A small outside courtyard area for sunbathing which is sufficient but nothing fancy. If you like exercise, the hotel is about 1 mile from a great walking/running track along the Riverfront. Very nice area to run from hotel to park and a couple of other nice parks close walking distance to the hotel. Saturdays have a great Farmers Market directly in front of the hotel which is worth checking out. However, service at this property was not great as it took us well over an hour to a get a requested roll-a-way bed delivered to the room on our 1st night (didn't get the roll-a-way until almost 1am) and the 2nd night we were kept awake until well after 1am with a loud wedding party being held in the club lounge directly next to our hotel room. If the hotel knew they would be having a late night party, they should not rent out room 1405. Terrible room location if anything is being held at the Club Lounge. Rooms are very average and fairly small compared to other Marriott properties we have stayed in. There is a nice convenient parking garage connected to the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay anywhere near the club lounge as it is VERY noisy if they are having any events or parti...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
JoelDarrGM1200, General Manager at Columbia Marriott, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear HcKeith,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. I appreciate you pointing out the things you enjoyed about the hotel. and it's location. I will address the rollaway delivery time and Concierge Lounge event with my team immediately. I am sorry you had to wait so late at night and that you were disturbed by the wedding party. I hope you have a chance to return on a quitter evening. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.