The 1425 Inn
Country Inn
US$143
US$133
US$114
Sleep Inn at Bush River Road(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$122
  • Pool
US$159
US$140
US$59
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
All reviewslocal artworkperfect home away from homefree cabprivate bathbreakfast tablewarm hospitalityother gueststownship auditoriumgreat place to staynext morningexcellent breakfastcommon areaswithin walking distanceliving roomfresh fruituniversity of south carolinawould stay here again
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Excellent stay for a football weekend. Rooms were fantastic. The breakfast was timely and absolutely fantastic. Right outside of the Vista. Will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCTraveler1221
Reviewed 1 July 2009

The rooms are truly great - Large, Four Seasons Bathrooms, Wood Floors, 4 Poster Great Beds - WIFI Internet, Blocks from Univ. of South Carolina, 500% better than any Hotel Room but.... The Owners both work & aren't there much - No Tea, cookies, or wine when you come in, most other guests were long time boarders (Dr's at a nearby hospital). Just don't expect that personal touch like at an inn. Bkfst was over at 8:30 because they head off to work.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank ben73058
Reviewed 9 June 2009

This was the cleanest B&B I've ever stayed at. The room decor was very well done. As nice as any 5 star hotel I've stayed at. The Inn Keepers gave our family very personal attention. They packed a picnic lunch for us that was superb and sent us to wonderful restaurants in Columbia that we never would have found on our own.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank auntyk
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Why stay at a hotel when you can stay at "home" at the 1425 Inn? I loved being greeted at the door by the owner, who immediately asked me what type of wine I would like after I settled into my room. This was the perfect start to my stay this past weekend, which was a much-needed "girls' getaway" for my best friend and me.

The best part about the 1425 is that you feel like you're staying in an old, historic home -- but in fact you have all the amenities of a modern hotel! Since the home was actually built relatively recently, and styled to look like a traditional Southern home, you get all the charm with none of the problems of an older home (i.e., this B&B has great water pressure, perfect air conditioning/heating systems, etc.).

Our room was quite spacious, the sheets were comfy, and the terry robes made us feel like we were at the Four Seasons. The owners cook a fantastic breakfast each morning and make you feel like part of the family. As an alum of USC, I will definitely return many times over when I want to cheer on my Gamecocks!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Carolina_Girl_in_GA
Reviewed 18 August 2008

This B&B used to be called Richland Inn but now has new owners who in the past few years have refurbished the inn. It is very well appointed with a soothing luxurious decor and large airy rooms. The room I stayed in was the queen bed room. It is spacious with a very large walk in closet and large flat screen TV in the armoire. I loved the large 4 poster rice bed which has a very comfortable mattress which is a must! A private bathroom is spacious as well. Immaculate. This is a top notch Inn with a lovely sitting room in the common area downstairs as well as another sitting room off from the bedrooms upstairs. A library with many books to choose from in the common areas as well as a large flat screen TV. In the morning you will be greeted with the aroma of fresh coffee. The breakfast is prepared and ready at the time you tell them you want to dine.I stayed two days and the first day enjoyed an cheese&ham omelet, whole wheat toast and fruit cup of melon with fresh squeezed OJ and a bottomless cup of coffee, nice & strong just the way I like it! The second morning I had whole wheat toast again with orange marmalade, scrambled eggs and two large sausage patties with a fresh fruit cup of bananas and pineapple. The inn keepers are very friendly and helpful. The location is convenient and very safe. Parking is right behind the inn and well lit. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Another thing is I did see the room offered with two beds. It is extremely spacious with all the conveniences imaginable. A family of 5+ could easily stay in this room and they also have a new clean white crib for families with toddlers or babies. You will not regret your stay here!

2  Thank ginarowan