“Best Hotel Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Williamston, SC
“Best Hotel Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was the most awesome hotel we have ever stayed at. The complte kitchen w/ granite countertops was great! My family enjoyed the stay. The beds were very comfortable. WE look forward to traveling to Columbia again, knowing we can stay here again. Loved it! A++++

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StaybridgeSC, Sales Coordinator at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
It's great to hear feedback from our guests, I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

We just got back from a trip that had us stay one night at the the columbia staybridge on the return from florida. The hotel was excellent. The front desk staff was wonderful and very helpful. There is a local barbeque place that is pretty close that we ate at- mustard based SC barbeque- that was good.

Also near the hotel is a nice park that has a walking trail along a river and canal. The day we were there they had free music and a small festival of some sort. The hotel pool was nice, though the water was a ,little on the cool side for my taste- but my daughter love it.

The free breakfast buffet was outstanding! The wireless internet was great! The suites were beautiful!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StaybridgeSC, Sales Coordinator at Staybridge Suites Columbia, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
I'm glad you enjoyed the bbq from Mac's on Main at our Sundowners reception and were able to take a walk on the Riverwalk. I hope you stay with us next time you are passing through!
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed here while exhibiting at the fair grounds. New and well kept, we were upgraded without asking. The breakfast is a good deal and the staff very helpful. The hotel is out of the town center, you can not walk to restaurants. Not a big problem if you have a car.
an allaround good value and experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Keep us in mind next time you are in Columbia!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

I am here for two months because of basic training at Fort Jackson. The best part about Staybridge is the continental breakfast (daily) and the free dinners (M-TH). The rooms are cozy and have everything I need for the military (desk, internet, etc.).
Of course, with every location there are a few frustrations. The internet cuts out all the time for me and I have to keep logging back in (this is the case for all of my colleagues here). That is the most frustrating part - but it's free I suppose.
The shower door is also kind of weird - it's just a partial closure - it just takes some getting used to. The service is GREAT though and they really take care of you! I wouldn't go anywhere else! They just need better internet!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! We have love having your Chaplain group stay with us!
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

This was our 2nd trip to Columbia in a month and after the fiasco of staying at the Comfort Inn on Bush River Road, I decided to go for quality instead of price this time as my primary reason for choosing a hotel. This hotel, which is fairly new appealed to me for that reason. However, once I made the reservation and checked in, the price (which was still under$100.00/night) was cheap when compared with the quality of the room which FAR exceeded my expectations. When we checked in, we were immediately upgraded from studio to suite , due to my membership in the priority club ( sign up for this if you havent already, its totally free, goto ichotelsgroup.com). I was surprised, since this was the first time I was using my membership on a room. The room was beautiful, hard wood floors, special attention to the detail and the full kitchen was great. there was also a tv and dvd player in the living room and a separate bedroom with another tv. Free, and quick internet access was a definite benefit. Also, the hotel is right near the highway, about 5 exits from Columbiana mall and in downtown Columbia. There is a hot breakfast, coffee all day long and a little 'store' on site open all night. I worked out in their gym which is small, but adequate and the view was of the indoor pool. There was also a laundry room connected to the gym for use by anyone. We were only there for 2 days, and although the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the star of the show was the property itself. If there was any downside to this place and I use that term very lightly, the hotel is right off the highway exit and sometimes the traffic coming off of the highway is sort of fast and you can only turn right from the hotel, so if you are going the other direction you have to go down and make a u-turn. However, that was not a problem for me until I had to go to the mall (I shop alot (LOL)) since most of our business was in dt Columbia, which you had to turn right to get to anyways. If you are looking for a better quality hotel in the downtown Columbia, this is the place for you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

Very Comfy beds--New hotel--very clean. Traveled with two 3 year olds and our 20 year old daughter--the two bedroom suite was ideal for 5 of us. Complimentary breakfast was very good--hotel also offers complimentary dinner (full buffet meal) Tuesday through Thursday I think. 12 Miles from Fort Jackson but an easy drive. Pool good size--never crowded during our stay. Nice Fitness room. Very friendly staff. Staff very responsive to requests (we needed more towels since our 20 year old put out he do not disturb sign!). Housekeeping limited based on number of nights you stay but was not a problem for us. Pricey compared to other Staybridge Suites but worth it to us. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

The employees were super friendly. The room was large and comfortable. Good location too. Great place!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family