Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbia Northeast
US$156
Travelocity
US$140
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanoff the highwayyogurtcomfortable hotelpet feeother guestsnice poolnice breakfastup to datelate at nightwould stay againfree breakfastthree nightseasy accesswater pressureone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my most recent trip to Columbia South Carolina. I figured that since it's a Marriott brand hotel, it would be a lot better. Boy, was I way off. The hotel is located at the end of the street in a cheesy corner of Columbia. One good thing is that it is close to both the 20 and 77 freeways. The breakfast was really bad because it is the same boring every single day. We stayed there for 4 days and it became so bad that we just basically ate cereals the last three days. Breakfast menu should be different everyday just like other Marriott Hotels we've stayed in. In this hotel it is always same meat, scrambled eggs, hard biscuits, and white gravy. Oatmeal is offered but the instant variety. Boiled eggs is available, with bagels, english muffins, and regular muffins. I would have loved for them to have a variety of different meat everyday with potatoes. The first night of our stay, we noticed that the amenities that we usually get in our hotel rooms is missing the tissue paper. There were three in the box that was left and housekeeping never bothered checking or leaving us a new box. The next day, we have to get our keys rekeyed after a long day of travel and sightseeing - this was really the last thing we needed. The third day, we have to get our keys rekeyed once again and so with our last day. All the receptionist person could say was that she does not know why this kept on happening. The second day, housekeeping gave us 2 towels when there should be 4 towels like the first night. Every single day, housekeeping was giving us problems. Missing towel, missing kleenex, missing shampoo, missing conditioner. Little things that i exepcted marriott Hotel to deliver was not done properly. I think that there is more training needed by the staff members to be at par with the MARRIOTT Standards that I used to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MangAndres
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was a great experience from check-in to check-out. My family and I just stopped over for the night to get some rest before getting back on the road the next morning. The hotel provided hot cookies and hot chocolate for the kids when we checked in. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast the next morning was hot and fresh with plenty to choose from. My compliments to the staff for having a great attitude and professional appearance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Connoisseur72
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I suppose when I go back it won't be a problem. But it took me like 3 or 4 times to find this place. There's a billboard telling you - but the road it's on - you find out it's sort of a major road...but entering it is like taking a secret turn down an unmarked alley.

The person who checked me in was very nice, happy, excited to see me. The person as the desk as I was leaving - well we only had non verbal communication - grumyp. It might be nice to thank people and say thanks - have a great day.

The breakfast...one of the better Fairfields...more flavor of yogurt and the fruit cocktails.

Room was nice albeit a little sludge on the shower.

A keeper of a hotel for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We arrived late while driving to florida. Front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good in the morning, everything was well stocked.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly and very accommodating whenever anything was needed.
I stayed there for 2 weeks and was very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the room...however i do think that they need to change their brand of in-room coffee....yuk...lol

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business